• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A look at Youtube trailer views for E3 2016

Mokubba

Sony haven't cared about GT in years, each game has seen a massive drop in quality and promotion. This GT Sport crap will be the first game that sells less than a Forza game - book it!

tmp_3353-greenawaltegdiqnp.gif

Sell less than which Forza game?

I don't know how it happened so fast, but the Spider-Man trailer now has more views than Recore. It's on 1,666,454 at the time of writing, while Recore's at 1,658,593.

Sony haven't cared about GT in years, each game has seen a massive drop in quality and promotion. This GT Sport crap will be the first game that sells less than a Forza game - book it!

tmp_3353-greenawaltegdiqnp.gif

You do know that even GT6 - coming out on PS3 at almost the same time the PS4 launched - still sold nearly 5 million copies? GT5 sold over 10 million copies; the first GT game to launch on new Sony hardware has been I think their highest-selling first party game on each console.

komplanen

And yet somehow it'll most likely outsell most if not all games on that list.

It'll be The American War Game™ to get for years to come. Clearly great many people think they are good year after year. I never understand why people don't get bored but then again I don't care for CoD to begin with.

Ploid 3.0

Holy shit, this looks so good.

Yeah it looks familiar (images, characters) but I had no idea it existed. That looks very good.

t  3-greenawaltegdiqnp.gif

What the heck dude? As a person that only ever bought GT and will probably get Forza Horizon on PC, I doubt GT will be going anywhere anytime soon. I didn't even look at trailers or the thread for GT Sport but I know I'll be getting it. Then GT7 will melt my face.

Memento

Something I thought was interesting--Watch Dogs 2 has a crazy low number of likes for it's viewcount (42,896 likes).

Compare that 42k to its neighbors:
Battlefield 1-290,130
God of War-169,872
Zelda: Breath of the Wild-120,240
FIFA 17-117,966

That is what I meant with my last post. Watch Dogs 2 trailer has ad views for example, that is why the disproportion. Same thing with Nier 2 trailer (6k likes and 200k views) and Recore trailer (6k likes too but 1,6 million views, which means there are a lot of ad views there).

Phediuk

Okay, done. All games now have their like count in addition to their view count, and Battlefield 1 is winning by a landslide.

Nazgul11

Battlefield just passed Watch Dogs.

Battlefield 1: 7,713,286 views - 290,530 likes
Watch Dogs 2: 7,708,843 views - 42,970 likes

Memento

I think either Battlefield 1 or Shantae is winning in views-per-like.

The views and likes thing is just important to know which video has ad views. In the grand scheme of things the likes doesnt matter too much, just the views. It is a good indicator of how the game is been received by the fans though.

You do know that even GT6 - coming out on PS3 at almost the same time the PS4 launched - still sold nearly 5 million copies? GT5 sold over 10 million copies; the first GT game to launch on new Sony hardware has been I think their highest-selling first party game on each console.

Not to mention every time new footage comes out, GT Sport looks better and better. Honestly, Polyphony shouldn't have shown that trailer with the ancient build in the first place.

Gears of War 4 (gameplay demo): 326,566

I'm very sad about this, the game looks pretty great and the beta was fun.

People has already seen it, and played it. Coming out of E3 buzz will be on newly announced games.

Gears of War 4 - Tomorrow trailer has 16 million views |

Anyways its nice seeing Recore and Spiderman got some buzz after E3. Maybe Spiderman will be the start of good superhero games, and Recore is nice seeing a new IP such as this getting some buzz.

HowZatOZ

Banned
The bigger news is how CoD was barely registered on the blip for many whereas Battlefield 1 exploded. What a time to be alive.

Memento

People has already seen it, and played it. Coming out of E3 buzz will be on newly announced games.

Gears of War 4 - Tomorrow trailer has 16 million views |

Anyways its nice seeing Recore and Spiderman got some buzz after E3. Maybe Spiderman will be the start of good superhero games, and Recore is nice seeing a new IP such as this getting some buzz.

This one trailer was used as youtube ad though. There is no way a video with 40k likes has 16 million views and the Battlefield 1 that has 200k+ likes has less than 8 million. It is just not possible. I think a lot of that 16 million were ad views.

Asd202

This one trailer was used as youtube ad though. There is no way a video with 40k likes has 16 million views and the Battlefield 1 that has 200k+ likes has less than 8 million. It is just not possible. I think a lot of that 16 million were ad views.

This is a thing? Didn't know that.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Why is Watch Doges 2 so high? I thought people were disappointed with the original?

Also surprised to see GoW4 overtake Zelda. I thought the latter was the most viewed/talked about game on social media?

Memento

This is a thing? Didn't know that.

It is. Look at the replies in the first page talking about having to watch that Watch Dogs 2 trailer before their videos. It is not coincidence that it has way less likes than the other games with 5million+ views but manage to be with more views.

Generally the publishers use the trailers as ads when it is a fast one or a nice CG.

Son Of D

Also surprised to see GoW4 overtake Zelda. I thought the latter was the most viewed/talked about game on social media?

More tweets =/= more trailer views. Not to mention Zelda was streamed for a long time so more people had time to tweet/post about it.

Dysun

Watch Dogs 2 being that high is legitimately surprising if there are no shady tactics involved (ads counting as views)

First game was extremely mediocre in all ways, guess Ubi found their new AC after all

Maebe

Damn, the disparity between KH and FFXV views. KH was a weird mishmash of disney and square but looks like the brand is more attractive than FF these days.

Phediuk

Damn, the disparity between KH and FFXV views. KH was a weird mishmash of disney and square but looks like the brand is more attractive than FF these days.

Well yeah, a lot more people care about Disney than Final Fantasy.

Also, didn't Kingdom Hearts 1 outsell Final Fantasy X in the US?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I am incredibly surprised Watch Dogs is getting so many views. The game's existence is doing absolutely nothing for me.

Watch Dogs 2 being that high is legitimately surprising if there are no shady tactics involved (ads counting as views)

First game was extremely mediocre in all ways, guess Ubi found their new AC after all
You people do know this opinion of watch dogs is a massive minority right ? First game was very successful

BlackHeron

Neo Member
It is cool to look at views, but it is not a fair way to establish which games are more anticipated.
These trailers were uploaded on different days, some a week apart, and on multiple channels.
For example, the Spider-Man one has several millions of views on different channels.

So yea, not that good of a metric.

Top Bottom