• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A mexican kid stole your DS and ran for the border. Let's learn Spanish!

Joe Molotov

vicious_killer_squirrel said:
I just ordered this on Play-Asia, along with a copy of Phoenix Wright - Trials and Tribulations, but it only just now occurred to me to ask: is the actual Spanish-learning portion of the game any good?

Once the lulz die down, I actually would like a bit of decent Spanish vocabulary software. I should have checked earlier.

Damn you Internet, PayPal and Play-Asia and your impulse buying enabling ways!!! Why do you have to be so darn convenient?!

The actual gameplay looks like shite. It's just hangman and word searches and some other lame word games coupled with a Spanish-English dictionary.

Joe Molotov said:
The actual gameplay looks like shite. It's just hangman and word searches and some other lame word games coupled with a Spanish-English dictionary.
*expletive*!

I suppose I could give it to my cousins if I don't enjoy it. Those kids should learn a bit of Spanish. Is the dictionary comprehensive?

BDGAME

O M G !!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Next game: Learn France with Titi fricoteur

000101G.jpg

Cruzader

Banned
IPGlider said:
Spanish, from Spain, to be more exact castillian from the old Castilla. Every other spanish is just fucked up.
OFFTOPIC:

Wow! I think you mean the opposite!

Spanish from spain sucks. If you ever play Pal games with spanish, its terrible or atlest not good. The spanish spoken in Mexico/Colombia is way better! I wish games like Heavenly Sword had Latin American Spanish dubbs but w/e.

ONTOPIC:

This game will sale like hot cakes!

newsguy

Cruzader said:
OFFTOPIC:

Wow! I think you mean the opposite!

Spanish from spain sucks. If you ever play Pal games with spanish, its terrible or atlest not good. The spanish spoken in Mexico/Colombia is way better!

You sir are correct and my new friend.

JoeFu

Banned
I love how he's like YES I GET TO GO TO FRANCE.

What about his parents? Don't they care their child is missing?

Dragmire

Puffy dolls = blow up dolls?

Obviously this kid is an orphan and the only reason he'll get in trouble for losing his DS is because it belongs to his pimp.

Jiggy

Oh man. Sequel, please, French For Everyone. :D No doubt Shawn will have all kinds of connections there as well, and probably get to hear a prophecy foretold among poodles.

Skeyser

He wrote :
Eric Latouche said:
I will try to answer all your questions ans interrogations :)

Yes we had a lot of fun doing the game. It was a tight project, not much time to do it and a limited budget (Value title) and it was a Language learning game, so we decide to have fun doing it with double meaning jokes like Shrek movies. All the texts was made by my colleague, so thx to him for this bizarre story, if you know what I mean :)

For my part, I was the lead designer on the project, I designed the 3 main games, the menu system, the point system and had some influence over the music and sounds.

I work for Humagade, a company located in Quebec City, Canada.

I think that the best aspect of the game is that people who don't understand Spanish can enjoy the game as well as people who wants to learn some Spanish vocabulary.

That's pretty much it :)

And :
Eric Latouche said:
The cop cars run after Miguel's father... and they must leave the country fast so I will let your imagination complete the story :)

Indeed, all the story was intentional :p

Jiggy

I like how we got linked. But hey, the script for Spanish For Everyone deserves to become permanent video game legend, so I hope they're reading this and following along with all the acclaim.

If only so much as 33% of video game writers could be this excellent.

JoeFu

Banned
EEX said:
The cop cars run after Miguel's father... and they must leave the country fast so I will let your imagination complete the story :)

Indeed, all the story was intentional :p

Hahahah, awesome.

I hope they make a French for Everyone.

Skeyser

Eric Latouche said:
Seriously, we would really like to do the sequel, French for Everyone. It depends on so many things: the client of Spanish for Everyone, our schedule with our other projects, etc..

Let's cross our fingers :p

Go French for Everyone!

Joe Molotov

Struct09 said:
Still funny as hell :lol

What's with all the cars pulling into the Latin kid's driveway at the end?!

It sounds like gunfire in the background after it goes to the text screen. I think Uncle Juan called in a hit on Miguel and his dad because they were trying to muscle in on his turf.

justchris

That ending is so awesome. Everyone must buy this game to guarantee they have a budget for French for Everyone. I'm putting in my order right now.

Great how Tio Juan just abandons him, like it's no big deal, leaving behind a mysterious box....

Tom_Cody

I think I might actually pick this up (I really need to improve my Spanish). My favorite part is definitely when Shawn raises his finger to take exception to the Mexican kid stealing his DS. Wow.

Saitou

Banned
I'd like to know what Activision reps' faces will look like when they find out just what they published.

Also, as funny as this is, and as much as I dislike Mootxico, no more xenophobia plzkthx.

Top Bottom