• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new Nintendo IndieWorld Showcase is airing tomorrow, Nov. 14 at 9:00 a.m. PT

Buggy Loop

I have one single hope

DzWytQNUwAAN2gm.jpg:large

Not Moving Wake Up GIF by Travis

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Can't see this featuring Silk Song, it's too small for it, I think we may get a shadow drop at the GameAwards.

Though the date is surprising since I don't think they did one in August. I hope to see some innovative stuff.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Blade Chimera looks fun. Shantae too obviously. Outer Wilds for Switch is nuts, I wouldn't think it can handle it (even with the severely downgraded visuals, I mean, I loved the game since in its original indie alpha tech demo form ages back aeons before the full remake that was eventually released).

Last edited:

Impotaku

The highlight been outer wilds getting a physical release and not having to hope a limited physical company picks it up. Already have it on PS4 but i'll be getting it again as i never tried the DLC.

MAtgS

Annnd that couldn't have been more boring. Where the fuck is Metal Slug Tactics?
Doesn't help that these showcases tend to focus more on slower paced games. Be it farming sims, turn based card battle whatevers, or titles that's trying to be an "emotional experience" more so than a game proper. That one title with the floating sword felt like an outlier.

Last edited:
The Switch doesn't have a lot of life left in it, and that's ok. Signs of next-gen in 2024 intensifying, we might get one last dribble of games including the Kirby death knell of Nintendo consoles.

Not that it was going to be at this showcase anyway, but I am kind of hoping Silksong will be pushed to Nintendo's next-gen console. Or if there is a physical Switch version at launch, it will run and look better on it.

Trunx81

I swear it feels like 90% of indie games are now targeted towards girls age 15-25.
This is where the last 20 million units to beat the PS2 will come from. Expect a price-reduces Switch next year when the Switch2 launches, bundled with Hogwarts and Mario Kart. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Tangerine

The two shadow drops looked promising. Howl especially, but also that backpack one.

Hope they get reviewed quickly.

Buggy Loop

Imagine spending years working creatively on something you're really proud of and then seeing a comment like this in response to you telling the world about it.

Nothing against the devs, but Nintendo should be either waiting until the showcase is packed with more than 1 or 2 interesting titles, packed with uninteresting games (well there's an audience for everything i guess, just not me).

My library on both PC and Switch is basically super indie focused, so don't try to corner me into an indie hater or something,

But a quick look at eshop nowadays and its

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

blacktout

Call me prejudiced, but when the devs appeared onscreen after the trailer their appearance didn't surprise me one bit.

This was my exact thought too, lol.

It's too bad, because gameplay-wise it was one of the less generic games in a showcase full of knockoffs, but that fucking furry art style, good lord.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Nothing against the devs, but Nintendo should be either waiting until the showcase is packed with more than 1 or 2 interesting titles, packed with uninteresting games (well there's an audience for everything i guess, just not me).

My library on both PC and Switch is basically super indie focused, so don't try to corner me into an indie hater or something,

But a quick look at eshop nowadays and its

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
Compared to what?

There were two breakout indie titles this year, cocoon and sea of stars, that also came out on Switch.

This showcase had Outer wilds, Something Lana, The Blade Chemeria, and a few more interesting titles that you can even demo before mouthing off. I thought it was very decent, not to mention the indie scene as a whole cooled off a bit.

Buggy Loop

Compared to what?

There were two breakout indie titles this year, cocoon and sea of stars, that also came out on Switch.

So? I will own both of them on PC, but was that part of this showcase? Why are you taking this out of the discussion around this very showcase? It's got nothing to do with indie quality games, I know about them and own a ton of them. This didn't have killer games, end of story.

This showcase had Outer wilds, Something Lana, The Blade Chemeria, and a few more interesting titles that you can even demo before mouthing off. I thought it was very decent, not to mention the indie scene as a whole cooled off a bit.

Outer wilds is old news, announced in 2021 and I've played it already.

Blade Chemeria was the best of the showcase...

Is that what passes as a good showcase nowadays? Cmon

After a bazillion farming sims and weeb games in the previous showcases, I'm expecting a bit more than what we saw today for what is likely the last indie showcase of 2023.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Yeah, that was about as poop as expected.

Happy for those that get to play the gotg outer wilds now though.

Imagine spending years working creatively on something you're really proud of and then seeing a comment like this in response to you telling the world about it.
Just because you work on something doesn't mean the whole world is legally required to treat you like a special little flower and shower you with praise.

These are products, they are sold for money, the consumers are allowed to dislike or like a product

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
Yeah, that was about as poop as expected.

Happy for those that get to play the gotg outer wilds now though.

Just because you work on something doesn't mean the whole world is legally required to treat you like a special little flower and shower you with praise.

These are products, they are sold for money, the consumers are allowed to dislike or like a product
Disliking is fine..but then you would say " not for me" " I don't like this" or "looks like crap".

Saying "it's fucking nothing" is completely dismissing that people actually worked to produce something that some might value.

Having a modicum of empathy with that fact is not a legal requirement and it's not the same as censoring yourself to protect the feelings of vulnerable wilting flowers.

It just makes you a better and wiser human being. I can see that has triggered you- hopefully in a good way.

PS there was nothing for me in that Indie World showcase ...and the Outer Wilds should have been out a few years ago for Switch.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Disliking is fine..but then you would say " not for me" " I don't like this" or "looks like crap".

Saying "it's fucking nothing" is completely dismissing that people actually worked to produce something that some might value.

Having a modicum of empathy with that fact is not a legal requirement and it's not the same as censoring yourself to protect the feelings of vulnerable wilting flowers.

It just makes you a better and wiser human being. I can see that has triggered you- hopefully in a good way.

PS there was nothing for me in that Indie World showcase ...and the Outer Wilds should have been out a few years ago for Switch.
They felt like it was nothing. That is their view and it's a fair view.

What the fuck are you on about, this wasn't a crime scene, there are no victims, what are you blabbing about with empathy, this is a product, they expect you to give them money for their work. Why do they deserve empathy like some sort of victim of some unjust crime 🤣

What are you talking about being triggered 🤣

We sure that maybe the person with the Nintendo profile picture getting upset that someone criticized the Nintendo indie showcase isn't maybe the triggered one here 😉

BootsLoader

Banned
Yeah, yeah, buy all this games so nintendo can close the e-shop for current console when the next one ships. Nice strategy.

rkofan87

Gold Member

who hurt you my man

Marvel14

Banned
They felt like it was nothing. That is their view and it's a fair view.

What the fuck are you on about, this wasn't a crime scene, there are no victims, what are you blabbing about with empathy, this is a product, they expect you to give them money for their work. Why do they deserve empathy like some sort of victim of some unjust crime 🤣

What are you talking about being triggered 🤣

We sure that maybe the person with the Nintendo profile picture getting upset that someone criticized the Nintendo indie showcase isn't maybe the triggered one here 😉
Ha !

I have a track record for standing up for the creative process on this forum. Creating something is HARD.

I have no problem with criticism or opinion based on taste or preference.

I have a problem with people dismissing or shitting on the creative process as if it has no intrinsic value and requires no effort.

Usually it's people used to instant gratification and consumption. People who've not created and put their work out there. Ingrates basically.

Not a crime but not a good look for humanity.

Ps Indies means independent studios. It's not Nintendo so God knows what you're on about with me being a triggered Nintendo fan.

Pps If you're going to shit on something for shits and giggles, don't get all worked up when you're called out on it. If you dish it out, then be prepared to take it too..

Last edited:
Top Bottom