• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new Nintendo IndieWorld Showcase is airing tomorrow, Nov. 14 at 9:00 a.m. PT

StueyDuck

Ha !

I have a track record for standing up for the creative process on this forum. Creating something is HARD.

I have no problem with criticism or opinion based on taste or preference.

I have a problem with people dismissing or shitting on the creative process as if it has no intrinsic value and requires no effort.

Usually it's people used to instant gratification and consumption. People who've not created and put their work out there. Ingrates basically.

Not a crime but not a good look for humanity.

Ps Indies means independent studios. It's not Nintendo so God knows what you're on about with me being a triggered Nintendo fan.

Pps If you're going to shit on something for shits and giggles, don't get all worked up when you're called out on it. If you dish it out, then be prepared to take it too..
"A good look for humanity" Jesus you love the smell of those farts you making 🤣.

You forget that I was calling you out for getting upset with someone who still has a total valid opinion.

You can say what you want but it's easy to see the connections. Nintendo profile, someone says Nintendo indie showcase was nothing, all of a sudden you now want to nullify their opinion all under the guise of "art is hard, I'm so altruistic".

It'd be easier if you just admitted that made you upset rather than playing this gaming art messiah act and pretending like you are some sort of superior human being 🤣.

The fact is that user did absolutely nothing wrong in saying that showcase had nothing, and you felt the need to "stand up" for all game developers. Please, thinly veiled agenda remains thin

Silksong shadowdrop #belive

I have one single hope

DzWytQNUwAAN2gm.jpg:large

Not Moving Wake Up GIF by Travis

SilkSong boyzzz!!!!
Poor bros... I've been there and after years of believing, it just wasn't meant to be. I knew it wouldn't show this year either.
John Boehner Crying GIF

One day my boys, one beautiful day we'll get it. BELIEVE!

Marvel14

Banned
"A good look for humanity" Jesus you love the smell of those farts you making 🤣.

You forget that I was calling you out for getting upset with someone who still has a total valid opinion.

You can say what you want but it's easy to see the connections. Nintendo profile, someone says Nintendo indie showcase was nothing, all of a sudden you now want to nullify their opinion all under the guise of "art is hard, I'm so altruistic".

It'd be easier if you just admitted that made you upset rather than playing this gaming art messiah act and pretending like you are some sort of superior human being 🤣.

The fact is that user did absolutely nothing wrong in saying that showcase had nothing, and you felt the need to "stand up" for all game developers. Please, thinly veiled agenda remains thin
Wow you're really projecting now.

Do you need a cup of warm milk and a lie down?

I am "upset"? All i did was point out that calling small indies' work "fucking nothing " must not feel great if youre one of those indies after you just showcased your work.

And I have posted to defend creative works before when people have shat on them from a great height for shits and giggles. It has nothing to do with Nintendo.

All the rest is your triggered ass trying to argue that my point is not valid. That "it's fucking nothing" is the same as not liking something and legitimate criticism. That somehow Im shilling for victimisation seekers and now that I am holier than thou messiah.

Are you even listening to your own drivel and how unhinged it is?

If you can't handle the substance of the conversation just move along.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Wow you're really projecting now.

Do you need a cup of warm milk and a lie down?

I am "upset"? All i did was point out that calling small indies' work "fucking nothing " must not feel great if youre one of those indies after you just showcased your work.

And I have posted to defend creative works before when people have shat on them from a great height for shits and giggles. It has nothing to do with Nintendo.

All the rest is your triggered ass trying to argue that my point is not valid. That "it's fucking nothing" is the same as not liking something and legitimate criticism. That somehow Im shilling for victimisation seekers and now that I am holier than thou messiah.

Are you even listening to your own drivel and how unhinged it is?

If you can't handle the substance of the conversation just move along.
you really are rattled that someone else had an opinion about your favorite toys indie showcase aren't you :messenger_tears_of_joy:

im gonna keep saying it because you will keep trying to change the subject, He is allowed to say it's fucking nothing, guess what, i just looked and all the devs are still alive, turns out nothing happened.

again they are releasing a product, they will be criticized, no one has done anything illegal or offensive, no one is getting a participation award for showing up when you are selling a product.

I know you feel you are batman of artists but really you are just a guy on the internet upset that someone criticized a nintendo indie showcase and you got called out for you response.

now you can either grow up, admit to a bit of a bias and that it upset you and move on.

Or

We can keep listening to your virtuous empathy and how you are better than humankind with your true fight for the justice of art and how it's being besmirched by puny mortals, i will just keep telling you however that the person did nothing wrong and they are allowed their opinion.

Skeptical

Neo Member
Y'know, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I just don't understand gaming culture.

Nintendo: hey, we're gonna show you a bunch of diverse indie games you might be interested in.

Gamer: A new video that I might have mild interest in! I absolutely MUST rearrange my life to make sure I watch this live! I can't possibly miss this! And since I am absolutely required to watch this, it is Nintendo's responsibility to make every second of the video personally tailored to me. I had better be fully entertained the entire time!

(Later) Wow, shockingly Nintendo did NOT fully devote that entire video to my personal preferences. I am now entitled to cynically snark about it on the message board of choice.

I mean, Nintendo has been doing 2-3 of these Indie World type presentations a year for quite some time. People should know what to expect by now. They aren't meant to be "hype" machines. The Switch has a broad userbase, including a huge chunk of casuals into "cozy" games with narrative or sim elements or whatever that most people here aren't interested in. These presentations are for them as well. And they aren't just trying to highlight the super big games; Devolver and Annapurna and the like can market their own games just fine. The purpose is mostly to highlight a diverse range of games that Nintendo's curators think are unique and interesting. A lot of the games end up being mediocre, because the developers are biting off more than they can chew or because the unique aspects don't come together flawlessly. It's the nature of the indie beast; you get a lot more swing and miss than a safe open world AAA game. And since Nintendo specifically goes for a wide range of genres, it is unsurprising that most aren't interesting to most people. Every single Indie World is like this. And every single one, the first half dozen replies afterwards are the same cynical gifs of how disappointing they were. What exactly were your expectations?

You don't need to watch every second of every video a major platform holder puts out. If anything, just wait 30 minutes and watch it, skipping over the boring parts. Life is a lot better that way.

[This applies to more than just Indie Worlds, of course. It still boggles my mind that people complain about watching a worthless 3 hour award show for mediocre game reveals. The games will still be there if you don't watch the show, y'know... Also, what's with the cynical snarking in the first place? If I went into every topic I wasn't interested in to declare how much I wasn't interested in it, I'd have a whole heckuva lot more posts than I do now. But what would that accomplish?]

Anywho, back on topic, Shantae automatically makes this the best Indie Direct since Cuphead was announced. Now, admittedly I'm not expecting it to be more than just "ok"; the GBA screen size is severely limiting for sidescrollers. But the use of HD character art and improved UI in the trailer at least gives me hope that the controls won't be bound by GBA limitations. So that's a plus. Besides, it's Shantae. I'm ok with just ok.

And then a Team Ladybug game on top of that? Totally awesome Indie World! My personal hope is that they do better on exploration; that was the one weakness in Touhou and Deedlit. Also, as much as I normally don't care too much about performance, Deedlit had some problems on the Switch. If this one is an exclusive (or timed exclusive, or whatever), then hopefully they pay more attention to it.

Marvel14

Banned
you really are rattled that someone else had an opinion about your favorite toys indie showcase aren't you :messenger_tears_of_joy:

im gonna keep saying it because you will keep trying to change the subject, He is allowed to say it's fucking nothing, guess what, i just looked and all the devs are still alive, turns out nothing happened.

again they are releasing a product, they will be criticized, no one has done anything illegal or offensive, no one is getting a participation award for showing up when you are selling a product.

I know you feel you are batman of artists but really you are just a guy on the internet upset that someone criticized a nintendo indie showcase and you got called out for you response.

now you can either grow up, admit to a bit of a bias and that it upset you and move on.

Or

We can keep listening to your virtuous empathy and how you are better than humankind with your true fight for the justice of art and how it's being besmirched by puny mortals, i will just keep telling you however that the person did nothing wrong and they are allowed their opinion.
You've litreraly written an essay in multiple parts with flowery language to discredit my perspective.

A blimin essay...and apparently I'm the one who is upset.🤣

Talk about lacking self awareness.

Anyway let's stop this now. It's getting beyond parody. You win. I am triggered and wringing my hands at the injustice to my precious indie games that give all meaning to my life; showering my superiority on all who need it to fulfill my destiny as the purveyor of justice on a globally influencing Indies reaction thread that will lead to the betterment of all humankind....please just hold my cape..
Show Off Super Hero GIF by CBeebies HQ

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
Nothing against the devs, but Nintendo should be either waiting until the showcase is packed with more than 1 or 2 interesting titles, packed with uninteresting games (well there's an audience for everything i guess, just not me).

My library on both PC and Switch is basically super indie focused, so don't try to corner me into an indie hater or something,

But a quick look at eshop nowadays and its

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
I too was completely underwhelmed....but my trash may be someone else's solid gold...

StueyDuck

You've litreraly written an essay in multiple parts with flowery language to discredit my perspective.

A blimin essay...and apparently I'm the one who is upset.🤣

Talk about lacking self awareness.

Anyway let's stop this now. It's getting beyond parody. You win. I am triggered and wringing my hands at the injustice to my precious indie games that give all meaning to my life; showering my superiority on all who need it to fulfill my destiny as the purveyor of justice on a globally influencing Indies reaction thread that will lead to the betterment of all humankind....please just hold my cape..
Show Off Super Hero GIF by CBeebies HQ
again, their opinion is valid, they are allowed to say that it was nothing for them.

(also i did enjoy watching all the stages of fanboyism from you, first its the justification "well you can criticize but not that way", then adjacency "Art is real hard, you just don't get it", then anger "you want some milk and a lie down" and now acceptance "i realise i've been caught out and i can't redeem myself so i'm just going to make a joke of it to save face")

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
again, their opinion is valid, they are allowed to say that it was nothing for them.

(also i did enjoy watching all the stages of fanboyism from you, first its the justification "well you can criticize but not that way", then adjacency "Art is real hard, you just don't get it", then anger "you want some milk and a lie down" and now acceptance "i realise i've been caught out and i can't redeem myself so i'm just going to make a joke of it to save face")
Again..not liking something is not the same as saying " it's fucking nothing - what a waste".

If there was a "to me" or "for me" then that would at least acknowledge that it's just your taste or perspective and not discrediting it all. But that's not what it said.

You want some milk = anger

You can't make this stuff up.

I gave you the last word mate...you've won. Just reply with "hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about" and take the victory.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

You want some milk = anger

You can't make this stuff up.

I gave you the last word mate...you've won. Just reply with "hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about" and take the victory.
their opinion is valid, they are allowed to say that it was nothing for them, the art avenger wasn't needed to try shame Buggy Loop Buggy Loop

Marvel14

Banned
read this post, they are allowed that opinion and to say that if to them it was nothing.
That's not what they said.

"Fucking nothing - what a waste"

You can retrofit "to them" til the cows come home. That's not what they said. They said it was nothing and a waste.

Last edited:
Top Bottom