• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A New PS5 Game Could Be Revealed By Kojima Productions Tomorrow | Significant Studio Update Teased

Pimpbaa

They should make a game similar to the metal gear series sorta like how FromSoftware made Dark Souls after Demon's Souls. Don't have the rights to series you created? Make a spiritual successor that's even better..

Kokoloko85

They should make a game similar to the metal gear series sorta like how FromSoftware made Dark Souls after Demon's Souls. Don't have the rights to series you created? Make a spiritual successor that's even better..

It would be hard for them to make a stealth game without Snake etc. Of course Id buy anything Kojima Sama makes lol

vpance

A new game is coming. The timing is right. He hasn't been sitting around twiddling his thumbs since DS.

DonF

If its just an announcement of a new game, ill be happy. I dont even need a title. Thats how thirsty I am.

THEAP99

Banned
I have 100% fully expect that his next game will have NOTHING to do with Sony.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Boktai for PS5. Comes with a USB solar sensor and a backpack rig from Death Stranding so you can lug your PS5, TV and Sound System outside.

OrdinaryNewIndianringneckparakeet-small.gif

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I have 100% fully expect that his next game will have NOTHING to do with Sony.
He's going to need money from someone. Only a few real possibilities.

1) Sony
2) MS
3) Nintendo
4) Activision
5) Tencent

6) SQEX
7) Namco
8) Ubisoft
9) EA

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
He's going to need money from someone. Only a few real possibilities.

1) Sony
2) MS
3) Nintendo
4) Activision
5) Tencent

6) SQEX
7) Namco
8) Ubisoft
9) EA
Epic..

Death Stranding sold well, no? I can't imagine Sony passing on his next game.
No it underperformed for Sony. Considering how Jim Ryan came out and said new Ips are a risk and we should expect fewer of them, I fully suspect he was was pissed with how death stranding ended up.

bender

What time is it?
Epic..

No it underperformed for Sony. Considering how Jim Ryan came out and said new Ips are a risk and we should expect fewer of them, I fully suspect he was was pissed with how death stranding ended up.

Interesting. Just look at the Wiki, it seems like it easily cracked 3 Million copies sold between PSN/Steam. Seems like it had a 100 Million budget so it probably turned a slight profit but I can understand Sony's disappointment. Considering the concept of the game, I'd still call that a success.

THEAP99

Banned
Interesting. Just look at the Wiki, it seems like it easily cracked 3 Million copies sold between PSN/Steam. Seems like it had a 100 Million budget so it probably turned a slight profit but I can understand Sony's disappointment. Considering the concept of the game, I'd still call that a success.
Sony didn't even publish the steam version so I doubt they even got much of that cut.

PuffyCan

Isn't Death Stranding published by 505 games on PC? And there are lots off games published by 505 games on game pass. Imagine the meltdown if an xbox version is annonced AND coming to game pass lol. Seriously, I expect some kind of teaser for his next game

bender

What time is it?
Sony didn't even publish the steam version so I doubt they even got much of that cut.

Good point. I still bet they get right of first refusal on his next idea. Greenlight it if it is something more akin to MGS, pass if it is more avant-garde.

Isn't Death Stranding published by 505 games on PC? And there are lots off games published by 505 games on game pass. Imagine the meltdown if an xbox version is annonced AND coming to game pass lol. Seriously, I expect some kind of teaser for his next game

Depends what it is. As much as I love Kojima and admired some of the concepts in Death Stranding (online integration was really neat), that game bored me to tears.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
DS on gamepass, I been holding out on steam sales.

DS2 for next gen for all

Silent hills ip? Bought over from Konami, money hatted by Phil spencer.

Iirc Sony wasn't so pleased with DS performance after spending the lot

inflation

Doubted. DS used Decima engine which is controlled by Sony.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
It might just be some business news, like a publishing deal or partnership. Something like he did with Sony.

Yeah, this is likely it. Just an update on the next progress for Kojima Productions - in this case, who will be funding his next games.

Will it be Sony? Will it be another publisher? I doubt we'll get any idea of the game he's making though.

supernova8

Banned
12 minutes!

Here's my prediction for 12 minutes:

1 minute : intro
6 minutes: Kojima talking meaningless shit for 5 or 6 minutes voiced over some footage of the making of Death Stranding
4 minutes: few more minutes of him talking cryptically his next project (ie where the concept came from)
1 minute: some sort of title screen splash or a very short (less 20 seconds) teaser for it and then the outro of about 1 minute.

PuffyCan

I just noticed the "Death stranding is a trademark of Sony..." on kojima website. Forget everything I said about game pass / xbox lol. Not happening

Ah well, I'll log back on tomorrow morning. Hope they announce something where I respond by nodding my head, stroke my beard, and say, "Huh, that's pretty cool."

Kagey K

Banned
Knowing the shit he pulls, he might release the 4 pieces of a photo (reveal of a new game) over the next 4 hours, hour by hour just to piss us off.
4 hours? it’ll be 1 slice per week for the next 4 weeks, while sniffing his farts and telling you they smell like honey.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
4 hours it’ll be 1 slice per week for the next 4 weeks, while sniffing his farts and telling you they smell like honey.

It's not like he doesn't come out with some awesome stuff but he's such a pretentious shit. I cannot imagine how infuriating it is working for/with him. Strikes me as the sort of person who would give you directions but the directions would make zero sense and then he'll be like "Watch Leon, play Onimusha and then read Harry potter and you'll get it... good luck! Did you rike it?"

PhaseJump

Banned
Doritopope is probably laying in a huge bed right now, robe on, candles lit; constantly refreshing his phone's twitter app.

Kagey K

Banned
It's not like he doesn't come out with some awesome stuff but he's such a pretentious shit. I cannot imagine how infuriating it is working for/with him. Strikes me as the sort of person who would give you directions but the directions would make zero sense and then he'll be like "Watch Leon, play Onimusha and then read Harry potter and you'll get it... good luck! Did you rike it?"
The problem is, he is always changing his mind and trying to rewrite shit until the end, if reports are to go by.

So he needs someone to reign him in and say, no “it’s too late for that or we can’t do that”

With him at the helm it’s just a giant airship floating north and south and then north again on his whims. And a bunch of money lost motion capping and recording stuff that never gets used.

Last edited:
Top Bottom