• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Plague Tale quick trophy help, please.

RCU005

I just finished the game and since getting the platinum is easy, I am now trying to do a trophy hunt for the ones I'm missing. However, there are the trophies about upgrading your Equipment that I don't get how to do it.

When you select a chapter, everything resets to what it was in that chapter? So how do you upgrade then? For example, I upgraded the Sling to the max and got the trophy for it before ending chapter 15. When I select chapter 15, I start the chapter without having the Sling upgraded (as I started the chapter originally). But then, how do I get enough materials to keep updating? Am I stuck replaying from chapter 15 hoping I find enough materials to finish updating the equipment, or do I have to start over and do it from zero?

This really sucks! If I have to play the game again, I would abandon the platinum. It sucks that your equipment doesn't carry over when you restart a chapter. Maybe not the materials, but also the equipment, so if I restart on Chapter 3, I don't even have the upgrades to hold more materials so I can't even farm for them!

I don't understand how to do it! Please help.

You’ll have to go back to a point where you picked upgrades for (X) and select (Y) instead for what you can. But if you didn’t upgrade your pockets early on, you won’t have enough inventory space to collect resources in order to have enough on-hand to complete the upgrade tree.

From what I remember, I maxed out enough inventory space around chapter 11 or 12. So if worst comes to worst, go back to somewhere around there, max out your pockets, and play through to the end.

Also, that final boss sucks ass.

You’ll have to go back to a point where you picked upgrades for (X) and select (Y) instead for what you can. But if you didn’t upgrade your pockets early on, you won’t have enough inventory space to collect resources in order to have enough on-hand to complete the upgrade tree.

From what I remember, I maxed out enough inventory space around chapter 11 or 12. So if worst comes to worst, go back to somewhere around there, max out your pockets, and play through to the end.

Also, that final boss sucks ass.
I thought the final boss was easy compared to the boss fight at the end the chapter before. Nicholas was the boss fight I hated.

I just finished the game and since getting the platinum is easy, I am now trying to do a trophy hunt for the ones I'm missing. However, there are the trophies about upgrading your Equipment that I don't get how to do it.

When you select a chapter, everything resets to what it was in that chapter? So how do you upgrade then? For example, I upgraded the Sling to the max and got the trophy for it before ending chapter 15. When I select chapter 15, I start the chapter without having the Sling upgraded (as I started the chapter originally). But then, how do I get enough materials to keep updating? Am I stuck replaying from chapter 15 hoping I find enough materials to finish updating the equipment, or do I have to start over and do it from zero?

This really sucks! If I have to play the game again, I would abandon the platinum. It sucks that your equipment doesn't carry over when you restart a chapter. Maybe not the materials, but also the equipment, so if I restart on Chapter 3, I don't even have the upgrades to hold more materials so I can't even farm for them!

I don't understand how to do it! Please help.
Going to have to start over. Also focus on getting your pockets upgraded first. Do you have the Trophy maxing out the sling already? If you do the Trophy for Equipment will be easy. You don’t have to worry about maxing out the alchemy perks.

RCU005

Thanks for the replies!
I think I can go back to chapter 13 and start from there since I already have the sling trophy and noticed that the materials for the equipment are easier.

BUT! What happens to the collectibles? Do they also reset?
Can I jump from chapter to chapter and they get saved or the game forces you to play the game fully again?

Those are very weird design decisions the devs made.

xrnzaaas

Thanks for the replies!
I think I can go back to chapter 13 and start from there since I already have the sling trophy and noticed that the materials for the equipment are easier.

BUT! What happens to the collectibles? Do they also reset?
Can I jump from chapter to chapter and they get saved or the game forces you to play the game fully again?

Those are very weird design decisions the devs made.
The collectibles are saved instantly when you pick them up. You won't lose them and you don't even have to advance to the next checkpoint.

Kuranghi

I haven't started this yet, so I should pick "pocket upgrades" first if given a choice between two things?

RCU005

Maybe you can use this glitch to get platinum:

This did it. Thank you very much. It took me a few tries, but I got it to work properly.

I haven't started this yet, so I should pick "pocket upgrades" first if given a choice between two things?
I recommend you focus on the pocket upgrades, because it allows you to have more materials and therefore being able to upgrade faster (earlier). I made the mistake of not doing that, and I wasn't able to finish upgrading by the end of the game. That's why I had to use the glitch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom