• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Real Boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs

Banned
As stupid as those teens are they're still getting farther than some of you.

Love ya Devo for real I do, but sometimes I am like ... Fuck you Devo. (sad part is she's fucking right)'

Took pic down, some over sensitive hippy is going to report me , not worth the ban.

FooTemps

A real boyfriend barbecues ribs for two hours and then eats them

[fakespoiler]I have a pet name for my girlfriend AND she loves the cutesy shit every once and a while. Some girls love it some girls hate it, but really the cutesy stuff a matter of timing and circumstance.[/fakespoiler]

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Man, and when they ask what you were thinking you feel dumb saying nothing I was just spacing out. Is that like a thing only guys do? I mean I can go through hours a day not thinking about anything at all lol.
My gf just cracked up when I told her what I was thinking. Now she knows that sometimes I can look serious when I'm not actually thinking about anything important. Basically, once you have a moment where you look dumb in front of your SO, you're no longer worried about looking dumb anymore because that's just how you are sometimes. It goes both ways.

Also, she said that sometimes girls space out and think about nothing too. So there's that.

etrain911

I would watch a tv series where the girls who post shit like this get shacked together with "Nice Guys". It would be called The Simp -le Life or Nice Guys Finish First or something and it would be glorious.

Seriously. I don't understand this desire to rummage through someone else's shit. I have never had a desire to look through my girlfriend's Facebook, phone, etc.

A lot of this stuff may be written by control freaks. Either that or they really have issues with trust. I hope none of them mind their boyfriends peering into all their personal correspondence as well...

I would watch a tv series where the girls who post shit like this get shacked together with "Nice Guys". It would be called The Simp -le Life or Nice Guys Finish First or something and it would be glorious.

...You want to exacerbate the high school mentality?

I hate how these always demand that you know what a "real man" is or a "real boyfriend" is but there's no pressure to ever tell you what a "real woman" is or a "real girlfriend".

Not saying that they should because these are ridiculous to begin with but these are just so cringe-worthy it can't be helped.

Turgenev

Banned
Seriously. I don't understand this desire to rummage through someone else's shit. I have never had a desire to look through my girlfriend's Facebook, phone, etc.

It's always tempting to rummage through peoples stuff. Of course most of the time I don't because they deserve a certain level of privacy. People act differently when interacting with other people and going through their stuff can give you a better view of what kind of person they are when away from you. Doesn't make it right but I can easily understand why people rummage through others personal conversations, could be mild curiosity.

I hate how these always demand that you know what a "real man" is or a "real boyfriend" is but there's no pressure to ever tell you what a "real woman" is or a "real girlfriend".

If all those Chris Brown pictures are any indication, someone who's ok with getting smacked the hell up.

etrain911

...You want to exacerbate the high school mentality?

I wanted to make a joke that was admittedly unfunny, although I could see this becoming a show in some kind of eerie reality. It would be entertaining to watch. I feel that if someone were to actually see the resulting trainwreck and think that it is what a healthy relationship should look like, well then...that's signifying some form of insanity. If anything, I think it would have the opposite effect you think it would (unless they end up happy with each other which is something I can't even begin to imagine, having been a once-proud "Nice Guy" with a girl who wanted a "Real Boyfriend" about 2 years ago. Hopefully, I've learned my lessons.) .

A few of these points may very well be right, but it's the way these douche lords word it as if they deserve a freaking medal for performing what I would consider the bare minimum of being a decent boyfriend. So fucking lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom