• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A small video game music collection for all gamers to enjoy!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm listening to the Gerudo Valley redux. Love this song. :D

I'm enjoying the Goldeneye tracks and the To Far Away Times (Chrono Trigger) remake as well.
Oh man and he's got a Dire, Dire Docks remix too. I could listen to this stuff all day.

Listen to "Those Who Succeeded" from the Valkryia Chronicles soundtrack. Sooooooo good.

Some of the remixes and remakes are brilliant, sound much better than the originals.

Is there a way to rip/save selected tracks from this? I'd love to have them in a portable format.

Listening to Z.O.E. - Kiss the Sunlights

Gives me the chills as always, never really understood why, I think it's just nostalgia.

Retro

Is that just a single track from Symphony of the Night?

... just one? Really?

Edit: And only two from FFTactics?

Retro

Naked Snake said:
^ hatersgonnahate.gif

Don't get me wrong, there's some great stuff in there... but SotN and Tactics are considered favorites every time soundtrack discussions come up. Only putting a single track of Symphony's soundtrack in there is criminal considering the overall quality of the whole.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Great resource. Wish it had more Einhander tracks, and some Sin & Punishment tracks.

Ah, I still have the link bookmarked when I heard it long ago. Good music.

Also, for those who are interested in putting some songs off the list onto your portable music player, go to this part of the site. Be advised, all the songs are .m4a files:

http://vip.aersia.net/mu/

IceMarker

Hey guys it's been a while since I've bumped the thread, but there have been MANY additions to the list since I've last checked.

My significant ones for me would be The Sims - Buy Mode 4 and Mafia II - Main Theme.

DeSo

Banned
Oh god Armored Armadillo gave me such a boner. Fucking incredible. Actually, all of it is, holy shit.

Secret of Mana ffffffuuuuuu

Music really is my favourite part of games. All of my favourite games have great soundtracks and thats no coincidence. I find it hard to like a game if i don't like it's music.

Also a few songs in their like bomberman, pilot wings and a bunch of others just gave me a huge nostalgia rush.

Not to also butt in, but a guy I know pointed me to this site called 8Tracks. Another one of those Pandora/Grooveshark/whatever type services. In order to stay legal they have all kinds of crazy restrictions on the music you can upload (only two songs per album/artist).

So I went ahead and started a "Station" (actually just a playlist) called Videogame Music Worth Listening To. I used to run a Shoutcast station way back in the day, so the idea of running my own "station" again appealed to me.

77 songs strong so far.

http://8tracks.com/thelostskeleton/videogame-music-worth-listening-to

It's mostly stuff that's more recent (1998-present) but I'll go through the rest of my game music tomorrow and add some older stuff from the SNES/Genesis era.

Oh man, I just loaded this up after a while and stumbled on the Skies of Arcadia track...Seriously...emotion welling up :(

Man, the sense of adventure, the characters, the world...I haven't played a JRPG like it since. I will definitely cherish that one.

Top Bottom