• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A taste of next-gen (JAM)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
After watching the videos, I can see they're onto something. The facial animation was especially nice simply because it had the the general quality of FMV but didn't try to overwhelm with unnecessary gloss or effects.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Thanks BlimBlim, Pana!

I can see they're not using valuable CPU cycles on heavy texturing. Might be good might be bad, way too early to tell.

jedimike

Kung Fu Chaos is an under rated gem... I hope JaM can pull more gameplay heroics without getting caught in the next gen hoopla. Graphics will still be the showcase for next gen games, but gamers are going to look for something more.

Even games with substandard graphics this gen have been accepted by gamers. Only Animal Crossing comes to mind at the moment, but I know there are others. Even Galleon didn't get slammed too hard for graphics.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
doncale said:
644_0002.jpg

now that's impressive

Not unless they're hitting each other. Still, a pretty Dynasty Warriors/Ninja Gaiden may not be a big sell for next gen. At the end of the day, people look at Epic's tech and know it's next gen. I look at this and it looks like it could be an Xbox game on steroids.

Top Bottom