• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How amped up are you for 2024?

How excited are you for 2024?

• Extremely. I haven't been this pumped for an upcoming year in a long time.

• Very. 2024 feels like it's going to be one of the better years.

• So so. I don't lean hard one way or the other.

• Ehh... I'm not seeing too much that interests me.

• Extremely pessimistic. 2024 feels like a drought year for me.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It’s going to be great. Not necessarily as stacked as 2023 but still really excited.

FF7 Rebirth
P3 Reload
Silksong
Hades 2
Shadow of the Erdtree
Nintendo’s next console (news, release, or both)

I’m sure there will be some interesting surprises that we don’t know about too. Plus continued progress on the backlog from 2023.

Griffon

Tekken 8, Persona 3 and Metaphor alone will make sure I'll have plenty to occupy myself with this year.

The sad truth is: I don't have a backlog anymore, I feel like have actually played all the good games from all my favorite genres from all eras.
And all the games left on my library are second or more like fourth pickings. The awfully mid leftovers.

The truly great video games aren't made fast enough. Hopefully this year won't have too many droughts.

Last edited:

Laptop1991

yeah i am, but for a mod, Fallout London, i'm not actually hyped for any actual game release at the moment, just a free mod, that might change, hopefully.

Kupfer

Apart from S.T.AL.K.E.R. 2, I don't even know what's coming up in 2024. And as an original S.T.AL.K.E.R. fan of the first closed multiplayer beta, I have a bad feeling about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. It will certainly be an interesting game, but apart from the name it probably won't have much to do with the original. So far it looks to me as if the game is being casualized for the benefit of a larger player base. So no, I'm not hyped for 2024.

Last edited:

WorldHero

I just need FFVII Rebirth
-Square did such a good job on the remake (much better than FF16) that this could really bring them back to the “glory days”.

If MGS 3 Remake drops this year, I’ll be all over that as well but that is about it for 2024. Seems like an “off year” for big releases.

I'm extremely excited.
Video Game Fire GIF by CAPCOM

Fbh

If:
FF7 Rebirth is at least as good as the first part
DD2 good is at least as good as the first part
We actually get Hollow Knight Silk Song
We get Elden Ring DLC
Metaphor isn't some 100 hours slog like Persona 5

2024 might be better than 2023 for me.

00_Zer0

I'm looking forward to the Switch 2 reveal or whatever Nintendo decides to call it. I am also interested in some of the first party games Nintendo will reveal in 2024. Here's hoping for a new 3D Mario reveal and Metroid Prime 4 and whatever other surprises Nintendo decides to throw out there. So yes, I'm very excited to see what comes in 2024.

Chiggs

Shadows of the Erdtree is the only thing I'm interested in right now....kind of hoping that Ubisoft releases a Kill the Nav'i campaign for Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora.

swaffles23

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Final Fantasy XIV Dawntrail both coming next year so I'm eating good.

Just need Hollow Knight to come out and I'm good

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm generally excited. Seems like a great start to the year and some big expectations from all the big three and third parties.

New Nintendo console....some more surprises. A big year for MS and hopefully Sony.

Could be a banger!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Metaphor
Trails into Daybreak
Tomb Raider Classic Collection
Stellar Blade

I’ll also probably play Tekken 8 since doa and soul calibur are dead.

Stamps1646

Indies <3
  1. Mewgenics
  2. Path of Exile II
  3. Sons of the Forest
  4. The Wolf Among Us 2
  5. S.T.A.L.K.E.R II: Hearts of Chernobyl
  6. Wraithbinder
  7. Bye Sweet Carole
  8. Replaced
  9. RIFT of the Necrodancer
  10. Hades 2
  11. Lost Records: Blood and Rage
  12. Nivalis
  13. Tales of Kenzera: ZAU
  14. Last Epoch
  15. Baby Steps
  16. Enshrouded
  17. Palworld
  18. Sword of the Sea
  19. REKA
  20. Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn
  21. Hollow Knight: Silk Song
  22. Banshers: Ghost of New Eden
  23. The Plucky Squire
  24. Pacific Drive
  25. No Rest for the Wicked
  26. Nightingale
  27. Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2
  28. Open Roads
  29. Hyper Light Breaker
  30. ExeKiller
  31. Light No Fire
AAA <3
  1. Dragons Dogma II
  2. Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth
  3. The First Berserker: Khazan
  4. Squadron 42
  5. Exoborne
  6. Crimson Desert
  7. World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery 26/40
  8. Life By You
  9. Max Payne Remake 1&2
  10. Once Human
  11. Elden Ring: The Erdtree expansion
  12. Zenless Zone Zero
  13. Avowed
  14. Exodus
  15. Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth *PC*
  16. Senua's Saga: Hellbalde II
  17. Star Wars: Outlaw
  18. Grandblue Fantasy Relink

Last edited:

Lupin25

After all the 2025 drops
(GTA 6, Monster Hunter, Bioshock 4, Marathon, Marvel’s Venom)

It’s hard to be excited for anything more than that… 2024 looks good quality wise, but the 2nd half is wide open and not a lot is confirmed outside of Wolverine missing its target.
(Dragon’s Dogma 2, P3R, Silksong, FFV7 Rebirth, Metaphor ReFantazio, Concord, Helldivers 2)
Will hopefully tie me down.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Dragon's Dogma 2, Wukong, GTA VI, PS5 Pro, TLOU2 rogue-like mode, and the next RE remake off the top of my head. I'm sure there are many more. Pretty hype.

Edit: I forgot GTA VI was announced too early. fml

Last edited:

Corian33

I know it will be a great year because I’ll still be trying to play through all the amazing games I bought this year.

iorek21

Metaphor
FF7 Rebirth
Persona 3 Remake
And Assassins Creed Japan

Might as well be a bigger year than 2023 for me.

I am hyped, because, the best game shall be released, Silent Hill 2 remake.

There's just no way SH2 remake will be very good. It's Bloober and Konami. Impossible.

That being said 2024 is looking very promising. The first 3 months are already teeming with games. Hoping PS vr2 takes off this year also have Switch 2 and ps5 pro (hopefully)

simpatico

For the huge AAA stuff that's been announced? Eh, not a ton for me outside of Elden Ring DLC. But I'm blindly confident in getting a couple classics from indies I've never heard of at the time of making this post. It's been a huge part of my gaming diet the past couple years. I use to be the first one to bash XBLA type indie stuff (rightly so, even in hindsight), but they're really stepping it up lately. The technology is allowing them to make games comparable in scope to the big guys. In terms of gameplay scope Turbo Overkill gave as just as much as Doom Eternal in level size, biome diversity, enemy diversity and weapon diversity with the only concession being model and texture complexity (which they overcame with great aesthetic choices). It was made mostly by one guy, so the budget woes of the big corps just make me lol.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

So so for sure. Stuff I'm curious about, but nothing I'm super excited about just yet. Just will have to see how the year pans out.

T0minator

In 2024 I'm excited most about the possibility of a "next gen" Switch with the possibility of Mario Kart 9 or a 3D Mario.

PlayStation finally releasing their own FPS MP game in 10yrs with Concord

Xbox finally releasing a high quality 3rd person adventure this generation similar to what PS does.

I've got a great feeling we'll see alot of big reveals for all consoles 🤌🏼

There's just no way SH2 remake will be very good. It's Bloober and Konami. Impossible.

That being said 2024 is looking very promising. The first 3 months are already teeming with games. Hoping PS vr2 takes off this year also have Switch 2 and ps5 pro (hopefully)
Nay. Silent Hill 2 Remake shall overcome and prove everyone wrong.

Little Mac

Preordered Prince of Persia The Lost Crown. Excited for that. Would've preordered FFVII Rebirth but just got the PS5 and need to play through Intergrade first. Kinda curious about Dragon's Dogma 2 but going to wait for reviews since I'm unfamiliar with the series. Potential hardware announcements are exciting but probably a ways off. Everything else is kinda wait and see.

Meh Billy Crystal GIF by Tony Awards

Last edited:
Life by You
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 remake
Rebirth PC
DD2
And maybe Inzoi

Just right off the top of my head.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
My vote is for, I want some delays so I can put a dent in my 2023 backlog. I still want to play BG3, AC, Avatar, Jedi and I also need to play FFVII part 1 and Ghosts of Tsushima on PS+ before the sub I haven't used expires.

Monokrom

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Suikoden 1&2 Remaster and Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes are my most hyped releases for next year.

Ulysses 31

Only S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 and Elden Ring DLC so far.

Been more looking into past games lately thanks to the RetroTink 4K.

Elden Ring DLC and Dragons Dogma 2. That's it. I don't think we'll get another year like 2023 for a very long time, it felt like all the games impacted by COVID dropped at the same time as things slowly got back to some kind of 'normal'.

Bartski

Gold Member
Moderately amped I'd say. My most anticipated game got canceled and just like this year, I don't really care for many potential big hitters of 2024. This is not to say there aren't any good games on the menu, at least I should be able to find time for all of them this time

Hohenheim

Amped (as always).
Elden Ring DLC, new Nintendo hardware (and maybe Metroid Prime 4..), new game from Moon Studios and Obsidian, lots of exciting stuff and (as always) lots of amazing stuff no one saw coming. It's gonna be awesome, as usual.

schaft0620

2024 is going to be an OK year, it wont be able to top 2023. I think Sony will have a rough 2024, Microsoft will have an OK 2024. Then Nintendo will swoop in and save the day with the Switch 2 and a powerful first year lineup of games.

Top Bottom