• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How amped up are you for 2024?

How excited are you for 2024?

• Extremely. I haven't been this pumped for an upcoming year in a long time.

• Very. 2024 feels like it's going to be one of the better years.

• So so. I don't lean hard one way or the other.

• Ehh... I'm not seeing too much that interests me.

• Extremely pessimistic. 2024 feels like a drought year for me.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
video_games_2024_release_dates.jpg

2024 is about to kick off so I thought it would be interesting seeing where everyone is at in terms of excitement level. What is your confidence level that the next 12 months in gaming are going to deliver the goods when it comes to releases & announcements?

Personally, I haven't been this excited about a year in gaming in...I can't remember that far back. It feels like the GAAS tital wave is finally going to reach us and we're completely out of the woods in terms of cross gen game announcements. That being said, my taste often (always?) conflicts with NeoGAFs so what say you?

(Dark horse GotY)
concord-1684962606247.png

Last edited:
I'm eagerly interested in a few titles, but also maintaining a balance of emotions so as not to be disappointed should they fail to meet expectations. Something like this: :messenger_neutral:

Dazraell

I'll be probably catching up on my backlog and games from 2023 I haven't yet played

That being said, there are some games I'm looking forward. Some remakes, remasters, sequels, titles on licence, some new original IPs, etc. So not bad as a whole. I'm also very curious about Nintendo's next console

Dis my wishlist so far
First priority
  • STALKER 2
  • FFVII Rebirth
  • Star Wars Outlaws
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Light No Fire
  • Sons of the Forest
  • (3D Mario)
Also hype
  • Still Wakes the Deep
  • Pacific Drive
  • Visions of Mana
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Unicorn Overlord
  • Metaphor
  • Fantasy Life i
  • Enshrouded
  • Bloodlines 2
  • Alone in the Dark
  • Dragon’s Dogma 2
  • Hellblade II
  • Nightingale
  • Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden
  • Hades II
  • Momodora Moonlit Farewell
  • Replaced
  • Manor Lords
  • Phantom Fury
  • The Alters
  • Frostpunk 2
  • Little Nightmares 3
  • The Thaumaturge
  • The Spirit of the Samurai
  • Core Keeper
  • Once Human
  • Mandragora
  • Dread Delusion
  • REKA
  • The First Berserker: Khazan
  • Eiyuden Chronicle
  • Rise of the Ronin
I’m sure some of these will be delayed or flop, but from my perspective it’s very good.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m super excited. Tekken, Silent Hill, Suikoden, Final Fantasy, and Elden Ring DLC. All I need is a RE announcement. It sounds like a dream.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Extremely:

Tekken 8
Granblue Fantasy Relink
Persona 3 Reload
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
Final Fantasy 14 DawnTrail
Unicorn Overlord
FF16 DLC #2
Splatoon 3 FrostyFest Splatfest in January
FF14 patch 6.55 in January
more characters releasing in fighting games like Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising, Guilty Gear Strive, and Street Fighter 6 as DLC

and all that is just the first half of the year!
Then you've got the upcoming hardware:

Switch 2
PS5 Pro
New Intel generation of CPUs
iPhone 16 Pro Max
maaaaaybe Nvidia Blackwell

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There isn't much TBH. Nintendo's next console will be exciting to see of course, if it happens. Which I'm assuming it will, surely they can't just coast on the Switch for another year.

Fabieter

I have like 10 games in the first 4 month of the year I already bought so its gonna be as insane as 2023 imo.

Xellos

I'm pretty excited for it, although it's more for indies and smaller games: Mina the Hollower, Metal Slug tactics, Penny's Big Breakaway, Animal Well, Contra, Shantae, Little Kitty Big City, Rift of the Necrodancer, and more. For bigger budget games, Thousand Year Door and FFVII remakes look pretty good, and I'm optimistic about Star Wars Outlaws.

Hopefully Nintendo finally shows Switch 2 and Metroid Prime 4.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
FF7 rebirth!!!
Dragons dogma 2
Elden Ring DLC will be comically way too hard... but I still can't wait.

Not really anything more to be that excited about but that should be enough

tmlDan

Even if most games im looking forward to don't come out, i feel like for both MS and Sony and potentially Nintendo (new console pls) it could be a banger for announcements.

FF7 Rebirth is all i need this year lol

SH2 is also nice, but im scared of its quality

Dragons Dogma 2 as well hnnnng

Last edited:
So far for me next year.

Possible PS5 Pro and Switch 2

FF7R
Warhammer 40k Space Marine 2
Lost Records Bloom and Rage

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Should be better than this year with Dragon's Dogma 2, Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island and Thousand Year Door and then sprinkle in some interesting wildcards like Unicorn Overlord and Black Myth: Wukong.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Nothing that has been announced thus far is of any interest to me. Save for that Star Wars game which I'm not gonna buy anyway because it's Ubisoft and I refuse to pay them any money.

Aenima

I would be hyped for 2024 just for Dragon Dogma 2 alone, but just the beginning of the years is packed with jrpgs i also want.
Its shaping to be one of my favorite years ever.

Killjoy-NL

So so.

Didn't really pay much attention to next year yet.

FFVII Rebirth is a must-have, for obvious reasons.
Other than that, I'm looking forward to the PS5 release of Paragon Overprime.

GTA VI is 2025.

Last edited:

Krieger

The only game I've pre-ordered so far is Unicorn Overlord. Vanillaware doesn't miss, and everything else I can wait a few weeks/months to go on sale.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Dragon’s Dogma 2, Elden Ring DLC, Rebirth, Granblue Relink, Throne and Liberty, Blue Protocol, Eiyuden Chronicle, are a few titles on my must play list. Also excited for the PS5 Pro.

Holammer

I have a pretty hefty inheritance on the way so I'm going to splurge some on hardware in 2024.
Treat myself to a 4090 or 5090, new OLED monitor and some other stuff. Play Dragon's Dogma 2, Relink and some of the games I already have in style. Like Ratchet & Clank's newgame+ with maxed out settings.

Top 2 most awaited games are probably Silksong & Shantae Advance: Risky's Revolution.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I think it’ll be the year for a sleeper agent to take GOTY.

I’m most eager for P3 remake and Atlus new IP.

You do not want to come out in 2025 against the undisputed easy GOTY we all know will win by a landslide. Monster Hunter !

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Dragon’s Dogma 2, Elden Ring DLC, Rebirth, Granblue Relink, Throne and Liberty, Blue Protocol, Eiyuden Chronicle, are a few titles on my must play list. Also excited for the PS5 Pro.
Blue protocol I saw on the Japanese store with a 2.67/5 star review with a LOT of reviews.

Apparently it’s a turd.

intbal

Microsoft didn't drop any new backwards compatible games from the Activision catalog under my Christmas tree, so I'm expecting the whole lot of them in 2024.

Or else.

Neilg

Extremely hyped. Backlog full of 3-4 months worth of bangers and ff7r2, Yakuza, dd2 all in the first 3 months? A few years ago I'd have struggled to pick which of those titles I wanted more, now I get all of them in the same quarter.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I got Tekken 8 and the Jujutsu Kaisen game in Jan and Feb otherwise I'm not wishing for time to accelerate faster so I can get to play a game.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Blue protocol I saw on the Japanese store with a 2.67/5 star review with a LOT of reviews.

Apparently it’s a turd.
Yeah, I’m hopeful it ends up being okay upon the US launch, but we shall see. Worst case, it costs me nothing upfront other than my spare time.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I don’t really get amped up anymore. I don’t do preorders, so for me the year will be what great deals come my way. Doesn’t need to be new release titles. Just games I want to play regardless of age.

Top Bottom