• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A thread to giveaway digital games, and an appreciation to having games in our life.

Axass

I got Really Big Sky, thanks buddy. Regarding your first post here's what I can say: games taught me English (in a much better way than school, at least I hope so...), helped me stay afloat during hard times, heightened my reflexes and coordination, kept me company, made me grow on an emotional level, increased my culture.

I've actually written a paper on "videogames in libraries" for one of my uni exams, which I have to discuss on the 25th of this month. So I guess they also helped me in my studies.

Sendero

Wow, I actually won. Thanks for this gesture KenOD. Will make sure to give away in the future.

Games were actually the reason of why I learned English and programming on my own: Every time I went to the big city, would always try to purchase foreign magazines which contained a bunch of examples on how to code basic games.

Ah, the memories of typing interminable lines for hours, just to find out it had a bunch of errors. Of course, I eventually learned to fix it and actually play them.

So yes, you could say that games have defined a good portion of my life.
No regrets, it's a wonderful time to be a (PC) gamer!

Faerith

Neo Member
Thank you! Got Eve Burst Error, I've been curious about this game since its nearly constant coverage in the old Saturnfan magazine ("Oh, pretty pictures").

RoadDogg

Unearthed Trail of Ibn Battuta #2 -- MB-B6CD9AA2E4E2BD70 - Taken by RoadDogg. 3 entrants total.
Oh boy oh boy! Installing now but I don't know if I will be able to do more then check out the menu until Monday. Just saw it has cards too! Thanks a bunch!

Wow... I already beat it. The game consists of the following parts:

Intro
Hidden Object Room
Navigation Room
"Puzzle" Room
Shooting Room
Walking Simulator
Light Jogging Parkour Simulator
Driving Ms. Daisy Car "Chase" for what seems like 10 minutes.
Advertisement for the next game

I feel bad for anyone that paid money for this one. The gameplay itself (ignoring the driving and walking part) wasn't the worst thing I ever played so it seems weird they didn't just do more of the same. They made more then 1 gun type even though you never need them. I can't imagine what was the drive behind making this one.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You're welcome all. I hope you enjoy them and to those who commented on how games have helped them or how they plan to play them to enrich their life has been quite heartwarming, thank you for that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Another one. Also for those unaware, anything not noted as taken is up for grabs so go ahead and take them. I don't mind if you've already won once already as long as you enjoy and play what you win.

I really do recommend Slip, it's a good platformer with an interesting mechanic.
Frederic Resurrection of Music is a good rhythm game that can make you laugh if you know the composer in question, or just like absurdity in games.
Rescue Everyday Heroes is great for little kids to play.
The others yet unclaimed each of their own promise as well, so take a risk if you think it looks interesting.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
Whisper into my ear

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840818.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

EYE Divine Cybermancy -- MB-724E2228AF3D1F37 - Taken by skullmuffins. 9 entrants total.

t1403323855z1.png

Just getting around to going through my inbox - TY for the Sega Classics Pack 3! Had 4 and 5, but didn't get around to obtaining the earlier ones.

First time doing something like this, hope I didn't mess up. Also hope OP doesn't mind me joining in the fun:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840818.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Far Cry 3 Deluxe -- MB-56F622757C278620 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Renegade Ops -- MB-382C146FC9A2988E - Taken by crazyrabbits
Witcher 1 -- MB-4D41703A1459338B - Taken by thoseAREmySHOES
Witcher 2 -- MB-3F992F790122990D - Taken by Nairume
Edge -- MB-5206B92D72B93B4D - Taken by PoemOfTheLastMoment
Hoard -- MB-869621C639BCCB04 - Taken by devonodev

And here I thought I was too slow to Darth's giveaway... thank you so much! I am taking a moratorium for giveaways - 2 wins in one day is enough for me, LOL. Very interested to jump into Renegade Ops!

oipic

Thank you, Ken, for sharing your thoughts, for the thread, and of course for the giveaways, too.

You're a gamer, and into games, and the 'culture' of them, for all the right reasons, Ken (this has been clear for a long time from your posts on SteamGAF), and it is folks like your good self who I am very honoured to associate myself with when I call myself a 'gamer'.

For all the negativity sometimes levelled at 'gaming', or games themselves (much of it here on GAF, toward those who are ultimately our brothers and sisters in arms), there are titles and experiences available for everyone, now more than ever given indie games are thriving, and the 'scene' really is what one makes of it. I love it, for all of its ups and downs, and much like music and film, I associate games strongly with periods of my life, or specific memories of times and places. GAF tends to be an integral part of those memories now, so thanks again for contributing so strongly to this community, here today and always! :)

Not actually sure if I should be thanking KenOD yet, but I got Unearthed: Trail of Ibu Battata.

Really interested to try this out. Thanks KenOD!

Top Bottom