• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABC/Wash Post Poll: Trump, GOP, AND Democrats all suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/23/politics/donald-trump-approval-poll/

"Forty-two percent of people in an ABC/Washington Post poll said they approved of Trump's performance so far, while 53% said they disapproved. An NBC/Wall Street Journal poll had 40% of respondents saying they approved of Trump and 54% saying they disapproved.
But the bad news wasn't Trump's alone. The ABC/Washington Post poll found significant majorities said both the Democratic and Republican parties were "out of touch" with the concerns of most Americans."

Yea so we need a 3rd party :)

benjipwns

Banned
Sixty-seven percent of respondents said the Democratic Party was out of touch, as did 62% for the Republican Party. Less than a third said either party was "in touch."

Trump faired slightly better than the parties, with 58% saying he was out of touch.
They could have maybe asked them what they were out of touch with? All three could be out of touch on different things.

This is fake news. Sad!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Schattenjäger;234558317 said:

No, we don't.

And you taking "they are all out of touch" and putting it in the same category as the low popularity rating for Trump is incredibly disingenuous.

This is more representative of the ignorant, "Both parties are the same" mentality that helped lead us to a Trump victory.

If that 3rd party involves claiming Wifi is dangerous and paying lipservice to 9/11 truthers and anti vaxxers, I want nothing to do with it.

Also OP, didn't you make this exact thread ages ago?

Beartruck

I agree. Republicans suck at policy and Democrats suck at playing politics. They're all terrible, just in different ways.

guek

Banned
Sixty-seven percent of respondents said the Democratic Party was out of touch, as did 62% for the Republican Party. Less than a third said either party was "in touch."

Trump faired slightly better than the parties, with 58% saying he was out of touch.

Despite Trump's low approval numbers, the poll showed him retaining support among his base, with 96% of people who said they voted for him saying they would do so again. The poll showed only 85% of those who voted for Hillary Clinton would do so again, with most of those who would not saying they would either go with a third-party candidate or not vote at all.

All of that is horribly depressing.

No, we don't.

And you taking "they are all out of touch" and putting it in the same category as the low popularity rating for Trump is incredibly disingenuous.

This is more representative of the ignorant, "Both parties are the same" mentality that helped lead us to a Trump victory.

Got

Banned
No, we don't.

must not know his shtick.

massoluk

Banned
The out-of-touchers probably are still stuck in the glorious past where propping up manufacturing plants solved everything.

So they blamed GOP for not delivering on their promise, and blamed Dem for being realistic

As always third parties are basically Constitutionally assured to serve only as spoilers for whatever side they are more closely related to.

And no third party wants to build from the ground up anyway they all seem to just wanna only have to do any work every four years.

A third party on the left would eventually have to just replace the Democrats and for that to happen the Democrats would have to die.

Now i'm sure to some of you that sounds amazing but what the death of the Democrats means is a very very very strong chance of a total GOP rule literally everywhere for probably upwards of 16-20+ years....

Allowing for basically a 9-0 Conservative Supreme Court among other things.

Enjoy.

Problem is the calls for a third party don't have any ideological cohesion beyond "raaargh we are so angry". It would fall apart very quickly.

jph139

A multi-party system would be fantastic, but it'd require a top-to-bottom overhaul of our entire electoral system and no one in government wants to see that happen.

What we need is for the Democrats to stop sucking, mostly.

People always complain that politicians suck, but politicians are elected by the people to represent us, so maybe we as citizens all suck :/

limination

Neo Member

I hope you aren't referring to the straight up jokes that are the Libertarian and Green Parties.

Doing absolutely nothing all the time followed by throwing a random-ass candidate at the general every four years, losing handily then crying about how you didn't get fair coverage isn't exactly what we need.

3rd parties are doomed to fail in the U.S, a perpetually wasted vote by ridiculous people, and so many of these folks would be unable to articulate why they think a certain party is "out of touch" (whatever the means!), and if they tried, they would ignore a great many goals that would help a great many of people. It's so much easier to just say everything is bullshit tho. (while also ignoring mid-terms and special elections)

I hope you aren't referring to the straight up jokes that are the Libertarian and Green Parties.

Doing absolutely nothing all the time followed by throwing a random-ass candidate at the general every four years, losing handily then crying about how you didn't get fair coverage isn't exactly what we need.

Jill Stein couldn't even win a local election. I will continue to say that.

benjipwns

Banned
And no third party wants to build from the ground up anyway they all seem to just wanna only have to do any work every four years..
Running a Presidential candidate is the most cost-effective method of ballot access by far. With Gubernatorial candidates being second. Then Senate candidates depending on the year.

Just because you don't pay attention to the parties when they aren't running Presidential candidates...well...that kinda proves the point.

benjipwns

Banned

These two parties run thousands (and hundreds but the Green Party just formed a few years ago) of candidates in every kind of election at every level.

guek

Banned
I do not disagree. Both parties are out of touch with people.

Yes, they are, but Americans at large seem to be out of touch with the world. We expect our politicians to operate like experts while denigrating experts who try to warn us about our politicians.

Belfast

No, we don't.

Nah. They're both out of touch. I align myself more with the Democrats because they get the closest, collectively, to the things that I value,

They're leagues better than the Republicans, of course, so while I certainly wouldn't say they are both the same, I can't deny that they aren't what I want, either.

Without going too far into the details, I'd love a party that championed most liberal ideals, but actually did it with the passion and zeal that the conservatives tend to inspire.

I feel that some modern liberal values, ironically, tend to cannibalize the ability to truly fight what we believe in. We're too afraid of talking about certain things or people or issues for fear of causing offense or accidentally stepping on toes, which occupies the time and effort needed to actually *do* something about righting the wrongs.

Average joes that are not GAF users. People that have serious concerns about automation and such. Most people do not want this. Step out of this site.

Automation isn't about want, it's about reality. It's happening, and dealing the consequences should be the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom