• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

About Venom in Spider-Man 2...

Venom playable in Spider-Man 2?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Roni

Gold Member
We knew he was coming from the teaser, now we've seen Peter's moves while using the symbiote. Do you think Peter's moves will become completely different when using the symbiote?

I'm already quite confident Miles will fight Peter to detach the Symbiote. But if the move set is not just reskinned and rebalanced, then it would be a waste to just have it as an alt for Peter; with some very modest work they could include Venom as a playable character that has the moveset Peter gets while using the suit...

This possibility and how coy they were with who was actually Venom gives me hope we'll actually play as Venom in this game towards the late game and he might feature alongside Peter and Miles in the third iteration.

Thoughts?

Further food for thought: Venom's character could be then killed in 3 for an emotional gut punch and then the symbiote would finally attach to Eddie...

Last edited:

feynoob

Yes. If you watch spiderman 3, you will notice that peter behavior is different when he has the suit. The symbiote makes him agressive. Expect bloody fights when he fights those goons.

Doom85

I could see Venom being playable for a section or two in the final act fighting off Kraven and his team.

Mind you, this is assuming it’s not Kraven himself who becomes the host after Peter…..

Roni

Gold Member
I could see Venom being playable for a section or two in the final act fighting off Kraven and his team.

Mind you, this is assuming it’s not Kraven himself who becomes the host after Peter…..
Would love that too...

The minute they deconfirmed Eddie Brock(and maybe Flash Thompson), I had a feeling that this will be the twist.

It would take half of the game, or an entire game's story arc to justify either Eddie or Flash suddenly entering the plot and creating an emotional impact when succumbing to Venom.

ManaByte

Yes. If you watch spiderman 3, you will notice that peter behavior is different when he has the suit. The symbiote makes him agressive. Expect bloody fights when he fights those goons.
James Horner Page GIF

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
Personally, I'm hoping that Black-suit Peter outright murders Kraven halfway through, spurring the removal of the symbiote and the narrative transition into Venom as the true villain of the game.

...but no, I very much hope you don't play as Venom. That would be lame.

edit-- or, sure, beats Kraven near to death, only to be saved by Miles removing the symbiote -- which then attaches to Kraven, saving his life and setting up the second-half narrative arc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom