• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Spider-Man 2 (PS5 Digital Edition)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
msm2_sgf_4k_keyart_legal_2023.jpg

I don’t ever remember liking a super hero games until the Batman Arkham games and finally Spider-Man on PlayStation.

This was released a little over 2 weeks ago but seeing as reviewers finish games earlier than others yes this is a late to the party thread.

The story is built around taking down an alien terrorist named Venom, several years after defeating the “sinister six” in the previous game. Spiderman does a lot of explaining to the police department, Miles, his girlfriend MJ, best friend Harry etc. in this one for his actions (not killing, or using powers) soon the "Venom" arrives, attacks Peter, "Spidrman" and builds a super army capable of taking over the world.

Venom-Marvels-Spider-Man-2-Story-Trailer.jpg

Look out.

4208602-spider-man2photoops.png

Had a lot of fun with the map design, New York was legit af.

tumblr_mo55ihdcNH1rn6mb8o1_500.gif

Marvels-Spider-Man-2_20230930120754.jpg

One of the games many puzzles.

IMG-3237.jpg

Overall I liked the game, wish it were on Xbox so more people could play it. I think Spider-Man needs a primary hub with save points, the story becomes more clear after Kraven when you’re trying to cure Harry, I got the impression Insomaic was confident in having two spider men, the enemy variety is here, I think it’s agreed the combat rocks, for $70 I got my moneys worth and I am hopeful for a sequel.

What’s GAF’s thoughts and reactions to Sonys Spider-Man 2?

K' Dash

Solid 7.5-8. I liked the first game better.

I thought the original was a good foundation, but they did the same side missions again with a bigger world.

The main story carries the game, such a beautiful rendition of NYC feels wasted tbh.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

First time someone mentioned EverydayBeast EverydayBeast being a bot/AI I had a good laugh, but after reading the OP I realized that was no joke.
That’s straight up mean don’t get me wrong your posts are terrible the first time I saw them I threw up. Y’all argue over nothing.

EverydayBeast

Solid 7.5-8. I liked the first game better.

I thought the original was a good foundation, but they did the same side missions again with a bigger world.

The main story carries the game, such a beautiful rendition of NYC feels wasted tbh.
You never know what villains you’re going to get with Spider-Man it’s easy for them to throw the goblin or venom at you. The side missions are nothing to jump out of bed for but I recall they’re meant to upgrade your abilities.

Vick

That’s straight up mean don’t get me wrong your posts are terrible the first time I saw them I threw up. Y’all argue over nothing.
Sorry mate, didn't mean to offend you in the slightest.
Guess I didn't convey the irony well enough.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It’s sad when gaming has turned into GameStop’s Sunday marketing swap. A game is only as good as its week long marketing campaign.

A neighbor kid asked me if I had played Spider-Man 2. I said yea. I asked him if he had beaten it yet and he said he was at 20% completion. He’s a friendly neighborhood kid, but it still made me think.

Doom85

A neighbor kid asked me if I had played Spider-Man 2. I said yea. I asked him if he had beaten it yet and he said he was at 20% completion. He’s a friendly neighborhood kid, but it still made me think.
He’s a friendly neighborhood kid, but it still made me think.
He’s a friendly neighborhood kid

Shocked Episode 2 GIF by Friends

Holy shit, are you saying what I think you’re saying? A kid who’s in your neighborhood, is friendly, and is “too busy” to focus on a video game?

There can only be one rational explanation!

Somebody contact J. Jonah Jameson, he‘s gonna flip!

Happy J Jonah Jameson GIF by Spider-Man

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Shocked Episode 2 GIF by Friends

Holy shit, are you saying what I think you’re saying? A kid who’s in your neighborhood, is friendly, and is “too busy” to focus on a video game?

There can only be one rational explanation!

Somebody contact J. Jonah Jameson, he‘s gonna flip!

Happy J Jonah Jameson GIF by Spider-Man
He wasn’t telling me his family was a jerk for not letting him play all day and night. When I was a kid I had a TV and SNES in my room.

Top Bottom