• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Abzû (PS4) blowout in Game Informer; new screens, info

nikos

This looks great! Hopefully the movement doesn't feel tedious, as underwater movement usually tends to.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm really torn about this. On one hand it looks gorgeous and on the other I hate the ocean and it scares the hell out of me.

KiraXD

am i the only one who thinks this looks very... meh?

its the art direction i think (not the style, because minimalist style can be very good looking... but if the direction sucks... then it just looks boring and dull...)

This looks boring and dull...

taku

I'm a little bummed to be honest. The original concept trailer looks so much better.
The character model doesn't look the same at all. It's much more simplistic and they added cartoon eyes on him/her.. I mean, why?

Oh well, I'm still very much looking forward to this!

Can't wait for this. There are precious few games that let you explore the deep ocean in a relaxing way.

Seeing those screens reminded me that I still need to play Aquanaut's Holiday one day. I'll always be kicking myself for not knowing of the game's existence at a time when the Korean version with English subtitles was available for a reasonable price. Now it goes for $300 on eBay.

its_beautiful.jpg

I'm a little bummed to be honest. The original concept trailer looks so much better.
The character model doesn't look the same at all. It's much more simplistic and they added cartoon eyes on him/her.. I mean, why?

Oh well, I'm still very much looking forward to this!

While even I am not too much fond of the character new look, it doesn't seem to me that everything else has changed that much. Maybe you are just missing the movement factor?
This king of artstyle usually lloks better in movement that in still pictures and underwater lend itself for a kind of magic, slow and weightless movement

2D gameplay iirc, deal breaker for me right there.

Where did you read/ seen this? I can't find it anywhere and the media seems to suggest that is not 2D at all

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I'm really torn about this. On one hand it looks gorgeous and on the other I hate the ocean and it scares the hell out of me.

Sounds like the perfect game for you.

I mean, unless you actually hate the ocean... :c

It seems like it's basically Journey underwater. It could turn your fear around.

taku

While even I am not too much fond of the character new look, it doesn't seem to me that everything else has changed that much. Maybe you are just missing the movement factor?
This king of artstyle usually lloks better in movement that in still pictures and underwater lend itself for a kind of magic, slow and weightless movement
Oh, I have no doubt that it will look better in motion. However, it still does not match the original concept trailer. Still looks good though!

2D gameplay iirc, deal breaker for me right there.

I really, really hope not. They'd just be pissing away the games potential if that were the case.

I mean if there's ever a perfect environment for a fully explorable 3D space teaming with life, it's an ocean.

Oh :O

Haven't heard about this game. Looks awesome and details are interesting.

No release date is boring though... With all the hype I had last year for now delayed games I just hate having news of a game without a release date. Actually I'd better don't know anything and only learn about the game like 6 months before launch when the release date is almost certain not to change.

Well, I guess for little games like this one there is not the same level of hype building by marketing teams so promises may be kept after all.

I still hope to have more details and a release date during E3... now that they got all my attention ^^

wouwie

Looks amazing and sounds exactly like my type of game. Without a doubt one of my most anticipated games. I'll probably watch the next trailer and go on a media blackout after that until release. Seems absolutely worth it.

eFKac

Looks gorgeous.

Very surprised that Sony let that slip and 505 came in, that would be a perfect exclusive bigger indie.

UrbanRats

I mentioned this twice already, but is there any mention how open the maps are? Journey was sort of small and enclosed, and when i picture ocean exploration, i imagine something bigger than that, naturally.

Top Bottom