• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ACE COMBAT 7 (Bandai Namco, Project Aces, UE4) coming to Playstation 4 & PSVR

Skittles

Was fucking dying at the guy who was screaming at this reveal starting at the announcement clear into some of the trailer

Strangereal! Wooooweeee!

Best news ever for me. Ace Combat is one of my favorite franchise. So happy that a proper Project Aces title is coming back to Strangereal.

Aquila

exclusive?

Infinity's data mining rumors said PS4/PC as far as I know, but who knows? Timed exclusive maybe?

Doesn't matter to me anyway. Ace combat justifies my PS4 purchase and I'll double dip on Steam. Sony's VR headset just jumped to the forefront of the VR wars to me too.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
since the unsung war is being played in the beginning, i wonder if the story is directly tied to 5. perhaps the woman is nagase

VR optional, nice. Hope PS4 is optional too.
Actually, this game is the only thing I want to play in VR.
Now, I'm worried that due to the requirements for this to work with VR, visuals may be compromised.
Hope they don't drop the dog fight mode.

watched the trailer again with sound this time and lawl at the voice acting. ace combat 6 tier, what the the hell happened after zero.

I'm watching PSX right now, and that guy freaking out at the reveal and consequently freaking out when they show the giant tower is great.

Infinity's data mining rumors said PS4/PC as far as I know, but who knows? Timed exclusive maybe?

Doesn't matter to me anyway. Ace combat justifies my PS4 purchase and I'll double dip on Steam. Sony's VR headset just jumped to the forefront of the VR wars to me too.
yeah, doesn't really matter all that much. just curious. it's not like if it is multiplatform, that they'd mention that at a playstation conference.

but if it comes out on PC then I hope they do crossplay.

geomon

If it's half as good as Ace Combat 4, I'll be so happy. VR is just icing on the cake.

*edit AC5 is still my favorite though

If it's half as good as Ace Combat 4, I'll be so happy. VR is just icing on the cake.

This. Even the two playable missions in AC: Infinity were alright, and definitely refreshing after AC: AH's shit stank filled the air. But I just couldn't bring myself to pay $20 to unlock the rest.

How did I miss this!

Gonna finally get my H.A.W.X fix.

I envy you. You have no idea what awaits you.

One thing to notice, they're using trueSKY for their sky and weather system.

It features:

Day-night cycle based on latitude, longitude, time-of-year
Dynamic volumetric atmospherics and fog
Fully volumetric clouds – no sprites, impostors or billboards
Real time weather changes – create keyframed weather sequences
Rain and snow – define movable precipitation areas.
Full integration: drive Unreal Engine’s lighting from trueSKY

Which games have used trueSKY?

ARMA III
DAYZ
DRIVECLUB
TAKE ON HELICOPTERS
SKYDIVE
WAR THUNDER
Unannounced Ubisoft Project
ARK: Survival Evolved

Knowing some of these games are known for their awesome weather and sky system, I'm quite excited about some gameplay footage!

Dargor

Im seriously considering it now. Up until yesterday, I was never really interested. AC7 changes everything.

I just need to find out if I can see VR

This is not like 3D stuff at all, when you put them VR sets on, thats it.

The real question is, if you can endure VR, seriously. You might get a headache, nausea, etc, simply because it really fools your brain into beliving what your eyes are seeing is "real"

A-10 Warthog.
AC4 and the A-10 is probably over 150 hours of my total AC experience... I've played a couple of the other games a bit, and of course flew a lot of jets. But that A-10 in AC4? I spent soooo much, as much as possible, with that. My air force aunty and uncle gave me a military poster of a couple A-10s when I was a kid haha and still have a A-10 model air plane from when I was like 6 ;p not really an air force or flight sim person but if I do feel like playing a jet combat game, to this day it's probably AC4 and a A-10

I'm so fucking excited for this. Thank god they're bringing it back.

And VR? This is the kind of game that will probably make me buy PSVR. Good god this will be incredible.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Haven't really played Ace Combat aside from a good portion of 6... but if they have the F-14 Tomcat, then I hope that a certain Kenny Loggins song is on the soundtrack, and that there's a volleyball minigame and a "buzz the tower" minigame.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
If anybody from Namco Bandai is reading:
Please for the love of god no QTE/press A to Awesome and let us use PS3's flightsticks like other flight combat games on PS4 already do, even with only partial support.

Glowsquid

let us use PS3's flightsticks[/b] like other flight combat games on PS4 already do, even with only partial support.

you're an handsome man.

unfortunately, namco's ps3 games don,t even support flight sticks. thrustmaster even made pdfs to tell you how to remap the stick around the wonky Assault Horizon/Infinity control scheme.

Despera

Banned
hmm... so if the game becomes available on PC, it won't have Rift or Vive support because of PSVR exclusivity?

Edit: Well I guess it's too early to have a definitive answer to this question. But hey, it's a proper AC with VR support... so I aint complainin'.

The more turbolasers, giant flying battleships and missions where I have to fly through caves and tunnels and secret underground facilities the better.

Top Bottom