• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

cj_iwakura

I'll play it with you if you want. I run a server almost every day.

I'll let you know once I get it reinstalled. Nice to know I didn't lose at least one game's data, heh.
I wonder if I can get my Tales of Xillia data off the old PS3, that's the only one I really care about. (Doesn't power on anymore.)

Now if you get an Unsung War boss fight going, I'll be there with bells on.

As an aside, the Ace Combat general at /vg is really cozy.

I made this for them because I'm an idiot:

5TTC54H.jpg

mcz117chief

Unsung War boss fight going, I'll be there with bells on.

You mean "Squadron Leader"? I just got SOLG today, but I never kick people from my lobbies unless they troll. If they were part of the group that made the Emergency Sortie appear then they have every right to play it. I do, usually, increase the number of players to 8 if it happens but I never kick for anyone.

cj_iwakura

You mean "Squadron Leader"? I just got SOLG today, but I never kick people from my lobbies unless they troll. If they were part of the group that made the Emergency Sortie appear then they have every right to play it. I do, usually, increase the number of players to 8 if it happens but I never kick for anyone.

I never got into the variation with Unsung War playing. :(

How much longer you figure this will go on for? I see it making it to around the third anniversary, and then them announcing the shutdown date around that time. It seems like they're wrapping up work on it with how they've implemented the medal system and otherwise haven't added any new content in months. Still, I think the extent to which this was supported is pretty incredible seeing as how I had very low expectations going in.

mcz117chief

How much longer you figure this will go on for? I see it making it to around the third anniversary, and then them announcing the shutdown date around that time. It seems like they're wrapping up work on it with how they've implemented the medal system and otherwise haven't added any new content in months. Still, I think the extent to which this was supported is pretty incredible seeing as how I had very low expectations going in.

Whales kept the game afloat and as long as the game is going to be profitable I don't see a reason to shut it down. There are still thousands of people playing it with some crazy whales around the top 100. Maintaining this kind of game is almost for free anyway. Sooner or later they will (if they haven't already) make it autonomous, just like Guild Wars 1, and just continue to farm the whales basically for free. Servers cost nothing these days and the game requires players to host servers to play on so, yeah, the game's maintenance cost is close to 0 as it is, especially now when is very little new content being made.

Top Bottom