• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace of Diamond |OT| Baseball Anime: The Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corgi

Banned
3454db4ad48c5ff4592e5cd4d770bc4f1380139027_full.jpg

Surprised there isn't an OT for this (or my search is failing me). Standard sports shounen with the worst pacing ever... that makes you curse its not the next week. For sports anime, this is more on the realistic side (no crazy powerups ala prince of tennis or Kuroko's basketball) Lots of hype. Lots of angry aura fueled stares. Lots of shipping if thats your thing :p

New eps Saturday's 8:30pm EDT on crunchyroll

You don't needa like baseball to enjoy this.

tumblr_na2tz47Ct01s1ivm8o1_500.gif

Yuki.concentrating.gif

tumblr_n6tyi7Kepo1r60zuio1_500.gif

(man gifs on google search for this show are all shit. anybody got any good ones?)

terrisus

OP title says "Ace of Diamond"
Image in OP says "Ace of the Diamond"
>.>

EDIT: To be clear, among other things, the reason for this comment is to address the above issue of having trouble finding .gifs for the show - if one is searching for the wrong thing, not as much would come up.

Nikokuno

Subscribe! Love the show and love the manga. Sometimes the show pace fine imho but was horrible especially in the two maybe three last episode of Summer Tournament.

Also what I love how the main team characterz feel unique, same in the other team, a lot of drama here and there, the hero is always struggling and progressing step by step, same for the rest of the squad.
Sometimes you don't know how the scenario will turn, the way its drive you in unknowns patterns is delicious.
A lot of drama here and there, a lot of comic moment, everything is well done.

And the voice acting is good too, love my Kahahahaha from Raichi :)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
shit, this got a series? i need to catch up with the manga. its been years since i read it

solomon

Holy shit this show is good, just got done marathoning it and haikyuu during spring break (was gunna watch kuroko no basuke but I can't get into those power ups). Now the big question do I read the manga's, I might for Kaikyuu since it's not coming back for a while but I really like Ace of Diamond so i'll be patient for the anime.

Corgi

Banned
Can someone explain to me the philosophy of 'having a single ace pitcher per team'?

Even the best of pitchers have off days. Also highschool is where people are still growing, high pitch counts can definitely impact people if they wanna pursue baseball as a future career.

There is a reason that little league has max pitch counts per game.

Pretty good show. Cuts the school life crap out and focuses solely on baseball. Strategy is pretty good but they haven't introduced enough compelling rivals, just Mei as a pitcher and Tadokori as a hitter.

Only weak spot of this series is that Sawamura is written as too much of a jokster/funny character. Well rather to say they do it too much. It can get annoying that they default to that. They horrible at balancing his serious side with his jokster side.

Nikokuno

Only weak spot of this series is that Sawamura is written as too much of a jokster/funny character. Well rather to say they do it too much. It can get annoying that they default to that. They horrible at balancing his serious side with his jokster side.

That's why he's funny and why is a good counterpart to Furuya. He's the one cheering the squad the most and all. He's the mood of the team.

There are "power ups" they're just not explicitly named. Example, Sawamura learns a new pitching form, then later he combines his new form with his old form. These character breaks occur in typical battle shonen fashion.

I though he speak about power/skill like Phantom Shot and shit like that??

Malo

Banned
Can someone explain to me the philosophy of 'having a single ace pitcher per team'?

Even the best of pitchers have off days. Also highschool is where people are still growing, high pitch counts can definitely impact people if they wanna pursue baseball as a future career.

There is a reason that little league has max pitch counts per game.
It's more of a Japan thing. Pitchers in high school over there get abused.

Masahiro Tanaka threw 32 innings over a four game stretch in 10 days during koshien. While also throwing 742 pitches in that span.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/03/30/sports/baseball/yankees-masahiro-tanaka-epitomizes-the-japanese-approach-to-baseball.html?referrer=&_r=0

Anyway, I'm really liking the show. I'm hoping to see Sawamura turn into a beast quickly since he kind of sucks right now.

Dahbomb

Just randomly stumbled upon this OT.

Another great sports anime series to follow for people who are fan of the sub genre. The main character is a bit too goofy but the solid focus on baseball, team work and match drama is good enough to keep you watching. Solid animation and character designs as well.

Haven't read the manga yet but I am up to date with all the anime episodes.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
This and Kuroko's Basketball are the only two anime shows I watch. I find it to be pretty decent, but this current story ark has been really boring to me, hopefully it picks back up soon. It feels like filler atm.

Cloudy

Banned
I started watching this a few weeks back. It's really good. Not as good as Major but better than Big Windup

Corgi

Banned
Good episode.

Hope they aren't too hard on sawamura next eps... they like to drag him in the dirt for a long while :p

Sawamura gets some serious buffs soon, it's pretty nice.

Senbatsu is happening right now too so, timing lines up nicely (that's where they are in the manga).

I though he speak about power/skill like Phantom Shot and shit like that??

I mean they gain new skills some of them not very realistic at all. Again the only real difference is that in AoD, they don't give these new skills the typical battle shonen power names. AoD just shows off the new skill and call it a day, no label attached to them.

So this was a recap? Was super confused and stopped watching after 5 mins....

First season was 76 episodes (was supposed to be 26, then 32, then 52, then 72, then ended on 76) so a recap makes sense. Plus Yakushi is the Inashiro of this arc, so it's good to have the recap. I'm pretty sure they just need to have some recap or condensed game eps to buy time/be filler and animate the Teitou game.

Seriously. I hate Sawamura more than any other main character lol.

First season was 76 episodes (was supposed to be 26, then 32, then 52, then 72, then ended on 76) so a recap makes sense. Plus Yakushi is the Inashiro of this arc, so it's good to have the recap. I'm pretty sure they just need to have some recap or condensed game eps to buy time/be filler and animate the Teitou game.
It's just pretty weird to start a new season with a recap. They should have named it 00 ;) .

Wow didnt know that this anime was so popular.

Good stuff. One of my current series on rotation (kuroko, yowamushi pedal and this one, I have a thing for sports anime). Pretty good and fun to watch, although I believe its pacing has suffered a bit lately.

Fuck everyone Mei is da bes.

fertygo

I'll try to revive the thread altho probably gonna ended up only me that posting each week lol

btw Newest eps a.k.a Inashiro and Mei got bodied

I'm happy that annoying cocky dude got rekt, star syndrome is a bitch yo

On other hand that Ugumori kid is a boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom