• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Acer announces 4 new 144hz DisplayHDR 400 certified monitors

llien

Acer at IFA 2018 today announced new monitors catering to both NVIDIA and AMD users - those who want to take advantage of either G-Sync or FreeSync capabilities in gamer-centric monitors, that is. As it stands, Acer has been using the Predator branding for its G-Sync enabled monitors, while the Nitro lineup stands on AMD's side. For NVIDIA, Acer is sticking its guns on the single XB273K - a $1,299 with G-Sync, 144 Hz refresh rates, and an IPS panel, running at 4K resolution. The Predator XB273K covers 90 percent of the DCI-P3 gamut, and is VESA DisplayHDR 400-certified. It also offers Acer's exclusive VisionCare technology to help your eyes manage long gaming sessions with technologies including flicker-free, low-dimming and blue light emission reduction. Oh - and it includes a shroud to protect your gaming feats from prying eyes.

gDuC8OCAZaxrocqS.jpg

On the AMD side of the equation, things are rosier and more full of life. The new Nitro monitor comes in three hardware configurations and price-points, making this, effectively, three new products. The differentiating factor here is the panel's resolution or technology - which one might say Is the entire monitor. The Nitro XV273K features UHD resolution and an IPS panel, features 90% DCI-P3 coverage and goes for $899 (it's the FreeSync equivalent to the Predator XB273K above, but has another trick up its sleeve). The Nitro (XV272U) features a lower resolution WQHD IPS panel - but goes for $499 and 95% DCI-P3 coverage. The XF272U offers the same WQHD resolution, but with a TN (twisted nematic) panel - this brings pricing down to $449 and covers 90 percent of the DCI-P3 gamut.

bHJvNuq6qpPPL5JD.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/vbAGqwCbMA6YZwur.jpg

All of these Acer monitors feature Acer's Visual Response Boost feature, which brings response times down to the holy grail 1 ms. All of them feature the same 144 Hz refresh rates, are VESA DisplayHDR 400-certified and include six-axis color adjustments for making tweaks to color, hue and saturation - as well as black level controls with 11 steps of fine-tuning.

Techpowerup
GAF thread on Vesa HDR

In Short, all monitors are 144Hz:
XB273K - $1299 (4k, G-Sync, 90% DCI-P3, IPS)
XV273K - $899 (4k, FreeSync 90% DCI-P3, IPS)
XV272U - $499 (1440p, FreeSync, 95% DCI-P3, IPS)
XF272U - $449 (1440p, FreeSync, 90% DCI-P3, TN)

klosos

They look nice but I have 2 issues with this , one they need at least a 32 inch panel with this specs to be interesting , also the Nvidia G Sync Tax is an absolute disgrace , really fuck Nvidia

Geki-D

Banned
899$ I guess isn't TOOOO shabby. Shame I don't have a 4k gfx card, so I'd have to drop even more on upgrading that.

HDR400 is essentially useless, so it's not really worth it to call these HDR monitors in any way. It's probably going to cause more problems than have any noticeable benefit.

The 1440p IPS freesync panel seems like an ok deal. I wouldn't go for 4K in 27" form factor.

llien

XV272U with wider gamut and at a given price looks like sweet spot to me.

I'm undecided on 400 nit.

dirthead

Banned
27" is simply too small for 4k. Wake me up when they've got a 32"+ version. It's actually kind of insulting that they had the nerve to release what's essentially a pointless monitor (way too high a resolution for its size).

ldty6Jz.jpg

Ulysses 31

27" is simply too small for 4k. Wake me up when they've got a 32"+ version. It's actually kind of insulting that they had the nerve to release what's essentially a pointless monitor (way too high a resolution for its size).

ldty6Jz.jpg
Eh, I sit like 60cm from my PG27UQ that replaced my PG348Q and I'm not finding too small.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
really ? wow i have a 27 inch ultrasharp 1440p from dell.
and i had a 32 inch samsung Q-led monitor. 4k dpi on 32 is rougly the same as 1440p 27 inch dpi if i am not mistaken.
however i returned that screen as viewing angles where sheit.

now i use a surface pro 2017 model wt some strange 3:2 resolution close to 4k
and boy i can barley use it at 125% scale.
what is even the point

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Use 150% scaling like me? =(

I meanly got mine for the 144hz and HDR, colors do pop out a lot more and light sources really seem like their's emitting light.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
wtf is the point XD i want unscaled ya dummy
also don't pretend old software look great with this scaling option.
oh and def not touching hdr and windows 10 XD

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

wtf is the point XD i want unscaled ya dummy
also don't pretend old software look great with this scaling option.
oh and def not touching hdr and windows 10 XD
Well, it's the desktop text that's scaling, you still get full resolution in movies, games etc. >.>

Last edited:

onQ123

ldty6Jz.jpg

No it's not SMH you do understand that you set really close to monitors right?

Reallink

No it's not SMH you do understand that you set really close to monitors right?

Assuming 20/20 vision and a 27" display, to see any improvement over 1080p, your eyeballs would need to closer than ~3.3 feet from the screen. To fully resolve 4K on a 27" requires your eyeballs ~1.6 feet from the screen. Obviously it's not all or nothing, you will see linear gains between 3.3' and 1.6'. Comparing a 1440p to 4K monitor would drop that linear "perceived difference/gains" range to probably 2.8' to 1.6'. For most people's PC desk set ups, a 40" monitor is required to fully resolve 4K, ~2.3 feet from eyeballs to screen.

Last edited:

drotahorror

I bought an Acer IPS 27" GSYNC monitor a month ago and the quality control on it was awful. I lost the lottery somethin fierce when it came to backlight bleed.

I think I'll just stick to VA panels, they're my favorite panel's that I've used.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Waiting for these prices to come down I have the money but I'd feel stupid paying more than $499 for a monitor that isn't a CRT

Top Bottom