• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achievements finally arrive on the Epic Games Launcher via the in-game overlay

JSoup

Banned
The functionality for that has been in the client for at least two months, but it was down to game devs to use it and add achievements themselves. So the actual story here is 'Devs Finally Make Use of Months Old Feature'.

xrnzaaas

I for one hope that all games from the Epic store will eventually get achievements. I really hot inconsistency when it comes to earning them.

Mista

Banned
Looking at the Switch

tenor.gif

There's an in-game overlay?
Exactly my first thought

Pallas

Looking at the Switch

tenor.gif

Exactly my first thought
Hoping Nintendo implements something similar one day. I don’t care what the nay-sayers say about breaking immersion, it gives games playback capabilities and it’s just fun to challenge yourself.

Kuranghi

My favourite thing about EGS is when the web-based interface fails to load with no explanation. I love that.

Dontero

Banned
I was hoping that they wouldn't port that garbage. Achievements are scourge of modern games.
Back when achievements didn't exist developers themselves put plenty of extra small stuff, records to break, cheats to unlock etc.

Since introduction of achievegarbage all of above are pretty much gone. Why would you think about some records, cheats etc when you can just give people some worthless digital jpeg.

It also becamse same kind of crap like all those Facebook games informing you about your friend farm status as if you cared.

Last edited:
Top Bottom