• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"The response to our 'Golden Girls' products has been wild," Funko director of marketing Mark Robben told ABC News. "We created these as a passion project, and were blown away when it started trending on social media."
And you made them comic-con raffle exclusives

convention exclusive figures should diaf

Might consider the MegaZord. Only because I have most of the Figuarts, which this should complement quite well. But that price... I know it's common, but doing it once for the Hulkbuster already kinda hurt (even though it's really nice). Then again, it's a May release...but then again I bet some of those SF figures will drop then too!

PS. Have a Figma Link DX that I want to sell (new) if any (UK) Gaffer is interested. Just want to recoup the cost of it.

So many wonderful toy related stuff this week!!! Finally Ultimate City Hunter is available for pre-order at BBTS! I'm guessing Jungle Hunter will come later. Copped.

1000Toys's 1/12 Synthetic Human is available on BBTS for pre-order also (thanks to me). Copped!!!

So awesome. Waiting for Samus Figma and Jungle Hunter.

Ultimate City Hunter looks so great. I am so glad I waited for this guy. I don't think I'm going to pre-order from BBTS. He'll probably go up early on NECA's E-Bay store, so I'll grab him then.

HQxNkDF.jpg

I think Ultimate Jungle Hunter is being timed for release with the 20th anniversary of Predator. The next wave of AvP Predators looks awesome as well.

qEur2KY.jpg

That Elder Predator is sooo good.

Jaeger

Ultimate City Hunter looks so great. I am so glad I waited for this guy. I don't think I'm going to pre-order from BBTS. He'll probably go up early on NECA's E-Bay store, so I'll grab him then.

HQxNkDF.jpg

I think Ultimate Jungle Hunter is being timed for release with the 20th anniversary of Predator. The next wave of AvP Predators looks awesome as well.

qEur2KY.jpg

That Elder Predator is sooo good.

Good call. Reversing the release to coincide with the Anniversary makes total sense.

I'm looking forward to what else they have planned for the Preds next year. I'm hoping the Lost Preds get releases with the Ultimate tooling.

I actually mentioned that a few posts above ;p

Though even they closed preorders now. Bandai must be happy they decided to cater to western fans.

Oh no doubt about it, this release was made with Western fans in mind a shift perhaps trying to capitalize more from IPs that were really big outside Japan.

NEO0MJ

Oh no doubt about it, this release was made with Western fans in mind a shift perhaps trying to capitalize more from IPs that were really big outside Japan.

Yeah but I wonder what else there is to release. MMPR Megazord and Voltron are the two biggest mechas that were way more popular outside Japan than in it that come to mind. I doubt the demand for Vehicle Voltron is anywhere near as close.

Picked these up a bit ago. I got a loose S.H. Figuarts Luigi at a comic shop for $15. I got the others at Toys "R" Us during a buy one get one 50% off sale. Donkey Kong was $14.99, and Skull Kid was $6.49 after the 50% off ($12.99 normally). They only had Cat Mario and Red Toad on the pegs, but I asked if they had anything else, and they found a box with the whole wave. Zelda looked a bit odd, I keep seeing Cat Mario and Red Toad at Walmart stores for less, and I already have Slippy Toad. So I got Skull Kid, which I've been wanting and had never seen locally before.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well, he was loose, which is why he was so cheap. I should have mentioned that. He only came with one extra hand...but I didn't feel like paying the extra $20+ online for some more accessories.

Ah that makes sense. I figured maybe it was some bootleg the shop picked up, since most Bandai/GSC/etc figures are usually a little bit more when purchased from a comic shop. That's neat that they still sold it on its own, though.

Ah that makes sense. I figured maybe it was some bootleg the shop picked up, since most Bandai/GSC/etc figures are usually a little bit more when purchased from a comic shop. That's neat that they still sold it on its own, though.

Yeah, it was pretty nice. I think they had some other loose stuff, but I can't remember, since I was all about that Luigi. I wish I had the other closed fist hand, but I'm happy to get the figure for so cheap. Does Mario have the same hands? I see him for $20 at GameStop, so I plan to pick him up there. I have an old Mario Kart 64 figure, but he looks tiny next to Luigi.

Anyway, here's some other pics I took today.

KingV

I'm about 90% sure that Marios hands won't peg onto Luigi's arms well. They might technically fit, but IIRC Marios hands kind of peg on at an angle, and Luigis peg on straight, so thet would be loose or have gaps.

I think Luigis hands are actually larger as well.

Zombine

Banned
David, I know you brought it up in the NYCC thread but I'all answer it here:

The Altus & P-body figures are phenomenal. I don't know if I took pictures of them, but after I got to see the level of detail they had I instantly added them to my buy list for the year.

As a mech guy you'll be thrilled.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Cool, Zombine! I never got the NECA figures because I wouldn't trust NECA with thin pieces of plastic with my life! Heard a lot of horror stories about breaking.

David, I know you brought it up in the NYCC thread but I'all answer it here:

The Altus & P-body figures are phenomenal. I don't know if I took pictures of them, but after I got to see the level of detail they had I instantly added them to my buy list for the year.

As a mech guy you'll be thrilled.

oh thanks for the post, i definitely want to look @ the Altus & P-body figures if you have any. yeah man =) once you upload your pics, definitely post anything worthy on here =)

Simo

Regular suit Batman shipped and will be here Wednesday! I can't freaking wait. The photos of this one look great every time I see it...

BvS Batman on Wednesday, PS VR with Batman VR on Monday. Battlefield 1 on Tuesday. Fucking awesome week! lol

Not really good for my wallet...

tumblr_oewm9v7xwm1r7nkbfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oewmcaVGMR1r7nkbfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oewntodELs1r7nkbfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oewon9MCBn1r7nkbfo1_1280.jpg

Awesome pick up! Kylo for being quite simple is a great figure and incidentally my first Hot Toys purchase, and obviously not my last. lol

Rey surprised me because the first final photos I saw looked iffy but those I've seen since look great. I'm almost tempted to get it but I know if I do I'll be spinning off to grab the other Star Wars Hot Toys releases and I really shouldn't...for my wallet's sake anyway. lol

Snaku

Banned
Holy hell, finally! The Gigantic Series GMK Godzilla is getting reissued, this time in North America via Diamond. Now he features translucent blue dorsal plates for extra badassery. Shipping January 2017!

Now give me that Shin Godzilla, X-Plus...

Holy hell, finally! The Gigantic Series GMK Godzilla is getting reissued, this time in North America via Diamond. Now he features translucent blue dorsal plates for extra badassery. Shipping January 2017!

Now give me that Shin Godzilla, X-Plus...

How many of your Earth dollars?

Just got a waitlist conversion at Sideshow for the exclusive BvS Batman. My Armored Batman is still in my POL at BBTS. October killing me right now.

The movie figures are what got us buying Marvel Legends again. We just had a few of the old Toy Biz ones before a few months ago. The first Hasbro ones we got were the Avengers: Age of Ultron Captain America and Iron Man at a Walmart while looking for something else. Now we have like 40-50+, I think.

Got some new Marvel Legends. I decided to add some Spidey villains to my collection. Up first, is Kraven.

DLcdxor.jpg

rzucS4g.jpg

yxGcEmb.jpg

dELXrFu.jpg

ZJmJnk5.jpg

ScMkGf5.jpg

HgKprzf.jpg

9DnlI0g.jpg

What an awesome figure! I love the design. The lion head vest looks so great. The paint on him is well executed and I dig the skulls on his knees. Really a cool, modern version of the character. I don't follow modern comics, so I don't know if this is his current look, but I like it quite a bit.

Next is the recent Hobgoblin.

Mc2IBof.jpg

tf6qCjR.jpg

c3eHe7J.jpg

wAPfFo0.jpg

TX9F6jH.jpg

LrBRvJ7.jpg

Ve5K48Y.jpg

Ap06HMw.jpg

I like this guy a lot. Really solid interpretation of one of my favorite Spidey villains. The two head sculpts are well executed and the colors perfect. I do wish his glider was larger though. I'm thinking I'll get a couple of those new NECA action stands. I could easily see putting this figure on one with his glider.

Last, but not least, we have Deadpool.

MYlBYih.jpg

1hS9OKH.jpg

BacEH3A.jpg

2yxpk7w.jpg

Eo9Ux00.jpg

xpL35jj.jpg

IC8kDMq.jpg

BozAKMr.jpg

I waited on this guy to drop down to a reasonable price. The moment I saw him hit $20 on Amazon, I hit that damn buy it now button. So happy to finally have him. Just a great Marvel Legend. So many accessories. And those pouches! I'm sure Rob Liefeld was happy to see all them pouches. Though I think his ecstasy was short lived when he saw those feet.

Bii

Got some new Marvel Legends. I decided to add some Spidey villains to my collection. Up first, is Kraven.

I like this guy a lot. Really solid interpretation of one of my favorite Spidey villains. The two head sculpts are well executed and the colors perfect. I do wish his glider was larger though. I'm thinking I'll get a couple of those new NECA action stands. I could easily see putting this figure on one with his glider.

Last, but not least, we have Deadpool.

I waited on this guy to drop down to a reasonable price. The moment I saw him hit $20 on Amazon, I hit that damn buy it now button. So happy to finally have him. Just a great Marvel Legend. So many accessories. And those pouches! I'm sure Rob Liefeld was happy to see all them pouches. Though I think his ecstasy was short lived when he saw those feet.

Neat photos, but what happened to the black backdrop you had? A quick adjustment to white balance and sharpening would have done wonders for your pics.

BacEH3A.jpg

mdgNzdQ.jpg

Yarbskoo

Neat photos, but what happened to the black backdrop you had? A quick adjustment to white balance and sharpening would have done wonders for your pics.

BacEH3A.jpg

mdgNzdQ.jpg

Too much pop™, maybe more like this:
aokL6O0.png

Of course, I don't have one to look at in person, so maybe it's all wrong, I dunno. My pictures always look shitty anyway.

JLynn

Yeah but I wonder what else there is to release. MMPR Megazord and Voltron are the two biggest mechas that were way more popular outside Japan than in it that come to mind. I doubt the demand for Vehicle Voltron is anywhere near as close.

The demand for Vehicle Force Voltron is bigger than you think. There's quite a few people who kept the $400 piece of shit Miracle Productions bootleg because it was Dairugger and not Golion. Their tears will flow like Deer Park spring water if that's announced.

And there's one more bot that's more popular in the West than in Japan. Ramrod from Saber Rider AKA Bismarck. If that gets announced, expect Europe fandom to explode.

Thank you.

I still have the black backdrop. I just decided to use this one. I've got black, red, blue and white. The white from the color balanced images is actually brighter and more "white" than the backdrop in person. The effect doesn't work well on all the photos, though. Some of the Kraven ones really mess with the figure's colors because the tan is so much closer to white than red. I'll probably stay away from this backdrop, and stick with the black. It registers more naturally on camera.

Man, I hope NECA release a new version of Rocky and Apollo from the first film (or at least a rerelease) since they're doing a 40th Anniversary line. Funny how it's just stuff from III and IV.

-sdp

This is my latest haul and I'm mostly disappointed.

Cu5nGspUEAAzZ9b.jpg

SHF Jango could be a lot better, especially for the price but it's decent enough and I prefer the look over the Black Series. Angela of Lost in Pardise is also disappointing in her movement and finally we have Shampoo from Ranma 1/2 but she isn't wearing her more traditional outfit and her hair is too purple.

SeanC

Stuck between NECA Police Station Assault T-800 and Tech Noir.

Hmmm.

Police station look is probably more iconic but I love the 80s-ness of the Tech Noir. Plus I like the head a bit more. NECA really knows how to capture Ahnold's likeness which you don't get as much with the police version because of the sunglasses (which arent removable).

Police station look is probably more iconic but I love the 80s-ness of the Tech Noir. Plus I like the head a bit more. NECA really knows how to capture Ahnold's likeness which you don't get as much with the police version because of the sunglasses (which arent removable).
Yeah, it's tough to choose between the iconic look and the '80s-ness. I'll probably go with the Tech Noir version since I loved that scene, alongside the gun shop one ("De Uzi nine millimedah").

WolfStark

This is my latest haul and I'm mostly disappointed.

(...)

SHF Jango could be a lot better, especially for the price but it's decent enough and I prefer the look over the Black Series. Angela of Lost in Pardise is also disappointing in her movement and finally we have Shampoo from Ranma 1/2 but she isn't wearing her more traditional outfit and her hair is too purple.

So the only thing you are not disappointed with is pretty much the 10 Dollar Amiibo XD

Well, with the unexpected news of my wife and I having a kid, I canceled 4 preorders and ate the NRD and only have two preorders left. Old Luke and Arkham Joker.

I was going to keep all the preorders until I researched the cost of child care until they goto school and holy shit.

Well, with the unexpected news of my wife and I having a kid, I canceled 4 preorders and ate the NRD and only have two preorders left. Old Luke and Arkham Joker.

I was going to keep all the preorders until I researched the cost of child care until they goto school and holy shit.

RIP.

Top Bottom