• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision's next-gen sabotage continues (Marvel: Ultimate Alliance)

TeTr1C

attilan123kp.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

D2M15 said:
Don't hold your super-breath.

I loved X-Men Legends 1 and 2. I watched the Gameplay channel E3 coverage in high def and it looks fine. Certainly not the most detailed game but when you and 3 other guys are firing off super powers at tons of enemies the chaos that ensues makes up for it. Spidey's webballs fire like uzis, though:lol

A cool feature I found out about is that like Legends 1, there are flashback levels. Unlike, 1, though, these levels feature a classic story for each character you play in the game and will feature one of their main villians at the end of the level. The really cool thing is that you can ONLY PLAY AS THAT CHARACTER, so if you're playing with friends they'll get to play the bad guys that rush out on the screen.

Raistlin

Actually ... chuck a few decent texture effects, and up the texture resolution ... and I don't think it would look bad at all considering the type of game.

Jacobi

Banned
Das suckt. This could really have potential, but to me it looks like a WarCraft-mod or something like that

womp

Well, now that they along with EA (With the exception of FIFA 06 and Tony Hawk which were obvious "Mistakes") have sabotaged the Nintendo DS...I guess its time for Activision to move it up a notch.

Mrbob

Ok Activision this isn't funny anymore. :( This has to stop. Hey if Activision wants to charge $49.99 like the PS2 and Xbox version, fine. But don't charge 10 dollars more for something that doesn't warrant the extra money.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Good to see that somehow Untold Legends is still the king of Hack and Slash graphics on consoles (how sad is that?)

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
jarosh said:
i fixed the proportions for activision

actifixed4fo.jpg
:lol :lol :lol Funny thing is that it looks sorta better than the actual screenshot. Now it looks asthough the camera-angle is off.

womp

Fuzzy said:
Didn't you guys know that Nintendo is paying Activision to sabotage next-gen?

If thats the case, how can you explain these Nintendo DS Activision "Classics"?

EC.UPC.047875751019.JPG

paintball232845.jpg

madagascar235354.jpg

xmen234719.jpg

RiZ III

The ps3 shadows aren't filtered where the 360 ones are <even then they look like shit>. Does ps3 not have hardware shadow mapping?

edit: Those aren't exactly low res. Just an artifact of shadow mapping.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
This game is being done by the same folks that gave us the X-Men Legends titles?

Because if so, they've outputted two of the fugliest games this gen, with those two. Fun... but absolutely hideous.

I rented X-Men on the 360 the other day for some points ahah. It was too terrible even with that mindset to continue beyond the training missions. The camera is just god awful. This looks just as bad. :)

Ponn

Banned
Uh..it's always been known this was developed from the ground up to be on last gen, next gen and even PSP. This was just supposed to be a port with better shadows and textures and from the looks of it they did give us that. It is what it is. I'm upset that they will more then likely try charging $10 more for the 360 and PS3 versions, but still this isn't a game designed for next gen.

Top Bottom