• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 7 |OT| *CN walks into devastated fandom w/ new episodes*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

SFG8fMa.png

Previously, on ADVENTURE TIME:

A Princess, dethroned.
A Hero, teetering on the precipice of eternity.
A Dog, forever a butt.

The Land of Ooo had been saved from the brink of doom, but what will the future hold for its protectors?

h9Lo6Tb.png

SLAMMA! Adventure Time is back, baby. Missing since the 1st week of June 2015, AT comes back with new episodes this November! Season 7 promises to bring the show back to the familiar AT experience pre-Season 6, and only time will tell if the show has what it takes to win back those who may have lost faith over the past year.

IIufWqv.png

tumblr_nwv1ux63oy1t0t09yo2_r1_540.png

tumblr_nxgwvp4C1x1t0t09yo2_r1_540.png

AT premieres start TODAY with TWO week-long episode bombs! November 2-6 will see the premiere of 5 new episodes weeknights at 8/7c, followed by the mini-series event "Stakes" that will run November 16-19 Monday through Thursday, also at 8/7c, with a whopping 8 episodes (two a day!) centered on Marceline's past, present and future. The week will be capped off Friday, November 20th with a back-to-back reruns of the entire STAKES! mini-series starting at 7/6c.

ZxXT7z5.png

In the interim between the end of Season 6 and the start of Season 7, 4 shorts were released online that were referred to internally as "Graybles Allsorts". These minisodes fall in place between seasons six and seven and also follow a theme. Here they are, in chronological order:

All's Well that Rats Swell
Have You Seen The Muffin Mess
The Gift That Reaps Giving
Sow, Do You Like Them Apples?

2S35P6q.png

OP EDIT: due to marketing BS Cartoon Network has saw fit to rejig what episodes belong in what season, starting with Season 7. The episode list has been altered to reflect the new world order.

SEASON 7
tumblr_nwwuyfDZeE1t0t09yo1_400.png

BONNIE AND NEDDY - written/storyboarded by Tom Herpich & Steve Wolfhard
Finn and Jake, acting on orders from Candy Kingdom’s new ruler Princess King of Ooo, stumble upon one of the kingdom’s greatest secrets.

tumblr_nwwv0zgEum1t0t09yo1_400.png

VARMINTS - written/storyboarded by Kris Mukai & Adam Muto
Bubblegum teams up with Marceline to face a threat to her homestead’s citizens.

tumblr_nwwvdtgEEn1t0t09yo1_400.png

CHERRY CREAM SODA - written/storyboarded by Graham Falk
With the arrival of an impossible visitor, Cherry Cream Soda’s life is thrown into disarray.

tumblr_nwwvywExHv1t0t09yo1_400.png

MAMA SAID - written/storyboarded by Kent Osborne & Kris Mukai
When King of Ooo sends Finn and Jake on a mission to catch flying mushrooms, they find their loyalty tested.

tumblr_nwwvo0Q8H11t0t09yo1_400.png

FOOTBALL - written/storyboarded by Luke Pearson & Emily Partridge
Football and BMO strike a bargain that may prove too difficult for one of them to keep.

tumblr_ny1t66wMYC1t0t09yo1_400.jpg

"STAKES!" (8 episode mini-series)
Marceline the Vampire Queen wishes to be an undead, red-sucker no more, but can Princess Bubblegum concoct a cure? At the same time, five of Marceline's most fearsome foes return from her past. What might her most powerful nemesis, the Vampire King, have in store? Finn, Jake, Princess Bubblegum and their friends join the Vampire Queen's fight against her immortal enemies. But for Marceline, the stakes have never been higher throughout these eight special episodes of Adventure Time!

tumblr_nxmqdpts0H1t0t09yo1_400.png

Part 1: MARCELINE THE VAMPIRE QUEEN - written/storyboarded by Tom Herpich & Steve Wolfhard
Finn and Jake hunt a shadowy predator and Marceline asks Princess Bubblegum for a favor.
tumblr_nxsz9eOqXV1t0t09yo1_400.png

Part 2: EVERYTHING STAYS - written/storyboarded by Hanna K Nyström & Adam Muto
Marceline looks back on her life on her last day.
tumblr_nxy2seN0ys1t0t09yo1_400.png

Part 3: VAMPS ABOUT - written/storyboarded by Tom Herpich & Steve Wolfhard
Old foes surface from Marceline's past.
tumblr_nxy2uveWVF1t0t09yo1_400.png

Part 4: EMPRESS EYES - written/storyboarded by Somvilay Xayaphone & Seo Kim
An old adversary targets the Ice Kingdom and Marceline has to save Simon.
tumblr_nxy2x5V2jz1t0t09yo1_400.png

Part 5: MAY I COME IN? - written/storyboarded by Luke Pearson & Emily Partridge
The gang search for Vamps.
tumblr_nxy2zbbUWF1t0t09yo1_400.png

Part 6: TAKE HER BACK - written/storyboarded by Jesse Moynihan & Ako Castuera
Princess Bubblegum searches for a cure for Marceline and Finn and Jake battle a vamp.
tumblr_nxy31bSogL1t0t09yo1_400.png

Part 7: CHECKMATE - written/storyboarded by Jesse Moynihan & Ako Castuera
Marceline's archenemy visits and makes an odd proposal right before battle.
tumblr_nxy33dpjaL1t0t09yo1_400.png

Part 8: THE DARK CLOUD - written/storyboarded by Tom Herpich & Steve Wolfhard
The final confrontation begins.

tumblr_nyd055ybZY1t0t09yo2_400.png

THE MORE YOU MOE; THE MOE YOU KNOW - written/storyboarded by Tom Herpich and Steven Wolfhard
Moe visits the tree house with a special birthday surprise for BMO.
While BMO's mission stands on the brink of disaster, Finn and Jake host a strange guest.

tumblr_nzheflcxgC1t0t09yo1_400.png

SUMMER SHOWERS - written/storyboarded by Graham Falk
Jake's daughter Viola is up for a role in a play by a hot new director -- Lumpy Space Princess.

tumblr_nzhf6vNVYh1t0t09yo2_400.png

ANGEL FACE - written/storyboarded by Somvilay Xayaphone and Seo Kim
BMO convinces his friends to join him in a live action cowboy role-playing game.

tumblr_nzhfiu7ScU1t0t09yo2_400.png

PRESIDENT PORPOISE IS MISSING - written/storyboarded by Kent Osborne & Sam Alden
Jake and Finn try to find President Porpoise before Vice President Blowfish takes over.

tumblr_nzhfp6bz561t0t09yo1_400.png

BLANK-EYED GIRL - written/storyboarded by Seo Kim & Somvilay Xayaphone
One very spooky night, Finn and Jake come face-to-face with an urban myth.

tumblr_o0xcs97IjM1t0t09yo1_400.jpg

BAD JUBIES - written/storyboarded/directed by Kirsten Lepore
There's a catastrophic storm headed for The Grasslands, so Finn, LSP, and BMO decide to build a bunker for protection, but Jake has plans of his own.

tumblr_nzhg79Pxtb1t0t09yo2_400.png

KING'S RANSOM - written/storyboarded by Andres Salaff & Hanna K Nyström
Ice King suffers a heartbreaking loss and it’s up to Finn and Jake to find the culprit.

tumblr_nzhgtmgtKz1t0t09yo2_400.png

SCAMPS - written/storyboarded by Kent Osborne & Somvilay Xayaphone
Finn takes a group of at-risk Candy Kingdom youth on a camping trip they’ll never forget.

tumblr_nzhh11pje71t0t09yo2_400.png

CROSSOVER - written/storyboarded by Sam Alden & Jesse Moynihan
Prismo needs Finn and Jake’s help to stop a catastrophic event from happening somewhere in the multiverse.

tumblr_o1li2qge9C1t0t09yo2_400.png

THE HALL OF EGRESS - Written/storyboarded by Tom Herpich
Trapped and alone, Finn must unravel the riddle of the weird cave with no exit.

tumblr_o3ospa2vZb1t0t09yo3_400.png

FLUTE SPELL - Written/storyboarded by Jesse Moynihan & Sam Alden
Jake learns that Finn’s been having clandestine meetings with a powerful wizard. But what are they up to?

tumblr_o3osy61tRA1t0t09yo2_400.png

THE THIN YELLOW LINE - Written/storyboarded by Emily Partridge & KC Green
Finn and Jake discover a conspiracy after infiltrating the Banana Guard ranks.

Adventure Time "Shorts" (broadcast irregularly after certain episodes and online)

SEASON 8
tumblr_o45y860NXT1t0t09yo2_400.png

BROKE HIS CROWN - Written/storyboarded by Ako Castuera & Hannah K. Nyström
When Ice King’s magic crown goes haywire, Marceline and Princess Bubblegum resort to extreme measures to help him.

tumblr_o45ym5H1sh1t0t09yo2_400.png

DON'T LOOK - Written/storyboarded by Somvilay Xayaphone & Seo Kim
Finn unearths a treasure with a terrible price at the top of Dead Mountain.

tumblr_o45yzzMxlr1t0t09yo2_400.png

BEYOND THE GROTTO - Written/storyboarded by Somvilay Xayaphone & Seo Kim
Finn and Jake pursue Sea Lard and are led to a curious new land.

tumblr_o45zeiXww71t0t09yo2_400.png

LADY RAINICORN IN THE CRYSTAL DIMENSION - written/storyboarded by Graham Falk
Jake’s son TV finds a hidden box and draws the attention of a super cool Rainicorn named Lee.

tumblr_o4metpDzZD1t0t09yo2_400.png

I AM A SWORD - written/storyboarded by Jesse Moynihan & Sam Alden
When Finn begins having nightmares about his missing Finn Sword, he wonders if they are actually real.

tumblr_o5vq05ruH11t0t09yo1_400.png

BUN BUN - Written/storyboarded by Somvilay Xayaphone & Seo Kim
Finn brings a special delivery for Cinnamon Bun.

tumblr_o60kb3hRPP1t0t09yo2_400.png

NORMAL MAN - Written/storyboarded by Jesse Moynihan & Sam Alden
Normal Man asks for Finn and Jake's help to rescue his brother.

tumblr_o799uaR5vg1t0t09yo1_400.png

ELEMENTAL - Written/storyboarded by Kent Osborne & Erik Fountain
Ice King digs up an item buried underneath the Ice Kingdom.

tumblr_o7lnx6oIA11t0t09yo1_400.png

FIVE SHORT TABLES - Written/storyboarded by Aleks Sennwald & Kris Mukai
Fionna and Cake go on a cooking adventure to push Cake's art to an all-new level.

tumblr_o8rtjaqijL1t0t09yo2_400.png

THE MUSIC HOLE - Written/storyboarded by Andres Salaff & Polly Guo
Finn hears a mysterious song while judging a Battle of the Bands.

tumblr_o9ii3wUPHL1t0t09yo1_400.png

DADDY-DAUGHTER CARD WARS - Written/storyboarded by Steve Wolfhard & Adam Muto
Jake needs his daughter Charlie’s help to win a top-tier Card Wars doubles tournament against a longtime rival.

tumblr_oa71dnH1Pw1t0t09yo1_400.png

PREBOOT - Written/storyboarded by Adam Muto & Aleks Sennwald
During an excavation of human artifacts, Finn, Jake and Susan are greeted by a mysterious new stranger who may hold the key to the past.

tumblr_oa71fzDJph1t0t09yo1_400.png

REBOOT - Written/storyboarded by Tom Herpich & Steve Wolfhard
Finn and Jake take on one of the fiercest enemies they've faced when a powerful ally goes rogue.

Season 8 continues within the NeoGAF Adventure Time Season 8 OT!

That's all the info we have on Season 7 episodes. Anything else is speculative until we receive more information.
EDIT: Leaked episode titles for the rest of Season 7 in this post.

EDIT: going to add this here as reference, should come in handy
gunterfan1992's AT Season Seven Production updates
gunterfan1992's AT Season Eight Production updates

Remember to use spoiler tags when necessary!!

vypek

Almost forgot to check my DVR for this. Only Thursday and Friday were going to record since the others are not marked as new.

Pilgrimzero

The previous season was so fricking weird. Like the writers took drugs and just wrote a story. I missed Finn and Jake's adventures.

Excited for the marceline 8 parter. Cautiously optimistic for the rest of the season. I wonder how they'll handle the whole Finn basically being a god thing. Or if they'll just quickly mention it, brush it over, and ignore it like it never happened for most the season.

Servbot24

Banned
Excited for the marceline 8 parter. Cautiously optimistic for the rest of the season. I wonder how they'll handle the whole Finn basically being a god thing. Or if they'll just quickly mention it, brush it over, and ignore it like it never happened for most the season.

That was the first story point of Adventure Time that was really off-putting to me, I'm down for it getting retconned somehow

Tuck

Huh, wasn't aware there was a drop in quality. I've only seen the first two seasons.

Eh. There really wasn't.

Last season there were 2 main problems:
-A whole stretch of episodes halfway through that made the season feel like a spinoff season, and completely killed the momentum from the incredibly strong start. The episodes themselves were fine, but it was annoying that the focus shifted so far from Finn and Jake. Eventually they shifted focus back on Finn and Jake and everything was good again.

-A LOT of time was spent building to the finale, which then fell flat on its face - a total letdown. The first time I can ever really say that Adventure Time let my expectations down.

Really liked that episode,it was sweet and reminded me of stuff from season 4 and a lot more of the Adventure Time I enjoy. Season 7 is shaping up to be really good again but we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

Zubz

Banned
I didn't watch much of the last season, but I'm in for the Marceline 8-Parter regardless of the, like, season's worth of episodes I've missed! Do you guys think I'll be missing a lot if I just jump back into the show from roughly the point where Finn's Dad shows up?

ZoddGutts

People saying there hasn't been drop in quality are in denial, same with Regular Show which has dip in quality as well. Anyways decent first ep for this season.

Psxphile

I'm glad everyone enjoyed that ep. It's certainly a strong start for the season.

I went ahead and updated the link for the short "The Gift That Reaps Giving" in the OP to a youtube one for our international pals.

big ander

Thought that episode was pretty mediocre. Neddy was a non-entity and PB having had him locked away doesn't sit well. there should have been more of Neddy exploring (and doing more than shouting in response to what he discovered) and more of proto-PB figuring out how he ticks. with what we saw it seems like she saw he liked the tree sap and then just never tried anything else to help him live life more fully. K.O.O. is always hilarious though.

Excited for next ep based on the description though,
Marcy and PB is a great teamup.

Didn't realize so many disliked the s6 finale! I loved the ending with Finn— in my mind it didn't necessarily mean that he was a superior being, everybody in Ooo is supernatural. and I also figured that his actions in space maybe wouldn't stick with him completely, that after making his choice to stay in his meat body the offer to move to a new plane of existence would become a blur.

Hamlet

Nice OT Psxphile and yeah pretty solid start to the season. Nice to get some more info dealing a bit more of PB's past and lol at that little meta gag from Finn after the flashback.

Psxphile

Updated the OP with the titles of every Stakes episode, as discovered on Zap2it (just increase the final digit(s) in the URL by one to see the rest). No reason to believe they aren't legit, however it should be noted that new titles continue starting here but it seems to be a mistake and those titles appear to be Regular Show-related.

Anyways...

tumblr_nx9665mIgT1rrkuubo1_500.gif

I thought this was interesting. Finn was said to be a butterfly in a previous life, so...

EDIT: hm, looks like Football (Friday's episode) got leaked, spoilers are out there
EDIT: yup, confirmed leaked

Another great episode, this is an awesome start to this season and seriously is starting to feel like Adventure Time again, I don't mind the wait if the quality keeps up through the rest of the season and it seems like they've learned a lot from their mistakes in the last season.

Venture

That was soooo good. PB and Marceline are always great together. Maybe it's because it's constantly on my mind now, but I felt that episode had kind of a Fallout vibe.

Epcott

Great episode. Good to see PB in a vulnerable state for once. She seems more expressive now without her kingdom.

Season is just dropping Bubblegum bombs left and right so far.

LupusWarrior

Neo Member
Thanks for getting all this info! My thirst for AT was real! Also so much info you have already? Do you work for CN or something???? If you do, don't answer, don't want you getting canned.

Also, in the death short? My memory is failing me, has Life been in the show before?

Psxphile

Thanks for getting all this info! My thirst for AT was real! Also so much info you have already? Do you work for CN or something???? If you do, don't answer, don't want you getting canned.
Was this directed at me? If so: no, I don't work for CN.

Also, in the death short? My memory is failing me, has Life been in the show before?
Nope, she's completely new. Maybe they have plans for her later in the season? She seems to be either a representation of Caduceus or Coatlicue.

IronRinn

"Tell Bubblegum I wear her nightgown! Tell eeeeeeeeeeeveryone!"

"Be cool, Marceline. Let's all be reeeeeal coooool."

Good episode.

RK128

Been on and off with the show since (I think?) season five but I always respected the show for kick-starting the recent wave of great animated shows (Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, Steven Universe, ect) that came after Adventure Times launch. Its a great show but like any series, it got 'mixed' by Season Six (leading to many people feeling mixed toward the show despite it still being good/great).

With this new season, it really feels like they are hearkening back to the original early seasons in terms of humor; the new King of Ooo is really funny, Princess Bubblegum is having her backstory explored (which is very interesting; the first episode of this new season was really touching, as her relationship with her brother was both heartwarming but sad), and I am really looking forward the the Fangs Mini-Series.

Subbed this thread and am hyped to see what this season brings :D!

Psxphile

jonno394

This thread reminded me I haven't bought Adventure Time Season 5 yet, so I rectified that, blu-ray should be here tomorrow. Season 7 sounds very interesting, but I will have to wait for the blu-rays to be released before watching (doesnt air on any of the channels I have in the UK). I'd wager season 6 BD is due around April, so not too far away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom