• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 7 |OT| *CN walks into devastated fandom w/ new episodes*

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

"Football? Football, I know it's you. We are both walking backwards, holding shillelaghs."

"Why you gotta be so destructive today, BMO? You doing robot puberty or something?"

God damn, BMO episodes are so good. Really enjoying this season so far but (and I might be in the minority, it seems) I enjoyed the hell out of last season as well.

Raxus

Stakes premieres next week at 8 PM EST. This is a big miniseries so try to keep things tagged for 3 hours post airing and 24 hours for the finale. That sounds good right? Feel free to give your two cents if you want to change spoiler policy.

Without further ado lets begin to raise the Stakes!

Marceline the Vampire Queen (Stakes Part 1)
Finn and Jake hunt a shadowy predator and Marceline asks Princess Bubblegum for a favor.
Everything Stays (Stakes Part 2)
Marceline looks back on her life on her last day.
For those going through Steven Universe withdrawal, keep an ear open for
Rebecca Sugar as Marceline's mom
!

Tune in this week for a Marceline marathon starting this week with I Remember You.

PolishQ

Stakes premieres next week at 8 PM EST. This is a big miniseries so try to keep things tagged for 3 hours post airing and 24 hours for the finale. That sounds good right? Feel free to give your two cents if you want to change spoiler policy.

Without further ado lets begin to raise the Stakes!

Marceline the Vampire Queen (Stakes Part 1)

Everything Stays (Stakes Part 2)

For those going through Steven Universe withdrawal, keep an ear open for
Rebecca Sugar as Marceline's mom
!

Tune in this week for a Marceline marathon starting this week with I Remember You.

Spoiler-wise, please keep us iTunes viewers in mind. Football still isn't on iTunes yet, to give you some idea of the delays that can happen (since episodes get added in pairs).

Raxus

Spoiler-wise, please keep us iTunes viewers in mind. Football still isn't on iTunes yet, to give you some idea of the delays that can happen (since episodes get added in pairs).

I'll try but it is tricky. I dunno if the miniseries will be a separate thing or will be paired with Football. If it is paired with last episode that means iTunes users will have to wait until the next new episode to see the finale of Stakes which is extremely awkward.

Psxphile

tumblr_nxgwvp4C1x1t0t09yo2_r1_1280.png
KingofOoo has been updated with some more info on the STAKES! episodes (like naming the storyboarders for each episode) and revealing that on Friday, the entire mini-series will be rerun back-to-back, starting at 7/6c.

PK Gaming

The new episodes have been REALLY promising

Right off the bat we got 2 strong episodes, and they already undid one of the worst decisions they made in S6
unceremoniously killing off Rootbeerguy

Feeling really good about this season!

Luigi87

Looking forward to Stakes next week.

Season has been really good so far, especially Football.

John DiMaggio's delivery of "Put that road cone back on your head, young man!" absolutely killed me.

Is it just be or does
The Vampire King
look a lot like Billy? I mean, it obviously can't be Billy, but I got a feeling there has to be some relation there...

RK128

The first two episodes were fantastic :D!

Love how its going to be a great excuse to have the main cast (Fin, Jake, PB, and Marcy) all hang out on a long adventure :).

The touching moments were very strong and I like the direction the mini series goes.

Was weak and saw the entire mini-series online :'(. Not going to talk much about the mini series until the final two episodes of it air but I will say I loved it and its nice seeing Adventure Time be so awesome again :').

TheOGB

Banned
Boy oh boy, this is gonna be good. Great start.

Vampire King does look like Billy, I was shook for a second

KiN0

Gave into the leak.

This was a truly amazing miniseries. Easily the best thing to ever come from Adventure Time.

Tuck

^Likewise.

I'm pretty happy with it overall, and it proves Adventure Time can do extended stories well.

I'll probably post more later in the week when all the episodes have aired officially.

vypek

I might go and watch the leaks. Everything stays really fits that fan theory I head about a while back about
Finn's hat and humans

RK128

I might go and watch the leaks. Everything stays really fits that fan theory I head about a while back about
Finn's hat and humans

If you don't mind, could you share what the theory was about?

After watching the episodes, I got the impression that
the humans wore the animal hats to avoid being eaten by vampires and tricking animals in the wild that they are one of them to avoid being eaten

Finn's hat and humans
I seriously had to go back and look at
finn
to see what the spoiler said because I don't pay attention to anyone that isn't Marceline
and PB]

Lelcar

I'm not even a huge fan of Marceline, but these episodes are fantastic. It's very lore and adventure focused, some of the best stuff I've seen in a while. This season is very good so far.

zeemumu

I didn't know that they were leaks. I assumed that I was just really behind. But wow, was that all something. So much to process. I feel bad about seeing them ahead of time so I'll probably end up buying the season when it comes out to ease the guilt because these were all really great.

I liked Vampire King's conversation with Marceline about the endless cycle that never breaks because no one but them lives long enough to see that it's a cycle.

And I'm glad that there was minimal dancing around Marceline and PB's relationship. It was just kinda treated as assumed.

Lelcar

Haha, I do my part, I buy the Blu-Ray seasons every time they come out! That's how I justify watching leaks on something that I like and want to support :)

But yeah, loving the direction it's going.

KiN0

Honestly, I think this could have worked as a standalone special with the right amount of tweaking, although I'm really glad that they managed tied so much of the AT's lore and setting into the background of the story.

I also love that they included some of the philosophical and psychedelic elements from the past season into Marceline's development.

Tuck

I'm surprised, and glad, that there was so little shitty singing that usually accompanies marceline episodes.

vypek

If you don't mind, could you share what the theory was about?

After watching the episodes, I got the impression that
the humans wore the animal hats to avoid being eaten by vampires and tricking animals in the wild that they are one of them to avoid being eaten

Sorry for the late replies here. I wrote that post right before I went to sleep and now just got back from work. Your impression is literally what the theory was which was sparked after the episode with
Lady Rainicorn's parents trying to eat Finn because he was a delicacy. The idea was to not appear like a human anymore so they could survive which is why they all began wearing animal hats.
I was reminded of that theory because of that comment about
hungry rainbows.

I seriously had to go back and look at
finn
to see what the spoiler said because I don't pay attention to anyone that isn't Marceline
and PB]

Lol, I know what you mean. I always focus on and enjoy episodes more for those characters.

I have to say that I think I'm going to love this week since it seems it will really get more lore stuff going and has the 4-some group that I like to see do interactions together.

------

Also, what is going on with
Betty?
I literally just remembered her latest story development when I saw the episode. Want to see more of her as well as
Sam the dog.

Not to be a party pooper, but since people are spoiler tagging episodes that have aired and episodes that haven't it would be nice if the people who discuss leaked content could label it so someone doesn't end up accidentally clicking it.

Aside from that though, great episodes so far, I'm excited to see what develops further tonight.

I really love
the Vampire King's
design.

I'm so tempted just to watch the rest of this afterwards but I like having something to look forward to after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom