• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time: The Final Seasons |OT| The Fullmetal Optimist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say at this point. I would just assume they've shelved it for good or even converted it into several episodes that will play out in the final season, but there's literally no word either way.

I thought the movie had been tuned into Stakes?

Finaj

I'm interested to see where PB and Marceline's relationship is at when the series ends. They've been nibbling at it for so long.

Psxphile

Uv2oj7k.png

From "Marceline's Closet" all the way back in Season 3. Might be relevant to the upcoming episode "Ketchup".

I thought the movie had been tuned into Stakes?

Hm, no I don't believe so. That one was always envisioned to be a multi-episode self-contained arc. Originally, plans for an AT movie coalesced during the end of production of Season 4. In the end however, the storyboarders involved admitted it was "too all over the place" and took story concepts from it to create certain episodes of Season 5.2 (probably why Season 5 in general has the most episodes contained within than any other season). Later Pendleton Ward himself decided to take a stab at writing up a story treatment for a movie. The thing has been in limbo ever since.

Psxphile

storyboard panel from the episode "Ketchup":

tumblr_oswgvmX6MG1t0t09yo1_1280.png

Ketchup premieres Tuesday, July 18th at 7:45/6:45c on Cartoon Network
KingOfOoo

In other news, server leaks are still a thing and we now have descriptions for each episode of the bomb (among other things):

ABSTRACT:
As Jake goes through some personal changes, he's haunted by a sinister dream encounter with his brother Jermaine.
KETCHUP:
BMO and Marceline swap stories about their recent adventures.
FIONA AND CAKE AND FIONA:
An unexpected critic shows up at Ice King's latest Fionna and Cake book reading.
WHISPERS:
While safeguarding a frightened Sweet P, Finn is led into a confrontation with an old foe.
THREE WISHES:
Finn and Fern's carefree visit to some old ruins turns disastrous.

Psxphile

Preview clip from "Abstract"

Finn's not taking the new Jake well, looks like.

There's an article about the show coming back at The Nerdist.
It includes another preview clip, this time from "Ketchup".
It also suggests that the episodes (or maybe just Abstract) will be available early on the CN app (and possibly On-Demand services?) on July 14th.
EDIT: confirmed by the King Of Ooo blog that all episodes will be available online on Friday

Psxphile

^ nice!

The Small-Buteras uploaded an artwork for their role on "Ketchup":

tumblr_osxv4srddl1qctti3o1_1280.png

It is with great pleasure we can humbly share the release date for the second episode we got to work on for Adventure Time, entitled ”Ketchup"! We had an amazing time animating and directing three sequences this time, each of which has a different tasty, tasty flavor I think you guys will enjoy.

Mega-hyper-hugelarge props and thanks to the incredible Matt Cummings (Whom you can follow here, here, and here), who was a dream to direct on the BGs, and art-jammed with us on the above promo image!

Thank you so much to the whole AT team and especially Adam Muto for giving us such a great opportunity once again and making it such a special event.

Please watch the Adventure Time episode, ”Ketchup", starring Marcy and Beemo Tuesday July 18th!

Thank you so much!

Love,

Lindsay and Alex
Small-Butera

EDIT: new title card
tumblr_oskvqwbWDc1t0t09yo1_1280.png

Fionna and Cake and Fionna - title card

designed by Hanna K Nyström

painted by Joy Ang

premieres Wednesday, July 19th at 7:45/6:45c on Cartoon Network
KingOfOoo

EDIT: "Fiona and Cake and Fiona" storyboard panel

tumblr_ot07rvExZt1t0t09yo1_1280.png

Fionna and Cake and Fionna premieres Wednesday, July 19th at 7:45/6:45c on Cartoon Network
KingOfOoo

vypek

The episode Islands Pt. 4 - Imaginary Resources got an emmy nom today for Outstanding Short-form Animation!
Up against some stiff competition (and Teen Titans Go) so I wonder how they will fare.

Ouch. Lol. I've started to enjoy that show more but I guess I'd have to agree...depending on which episode it is. TTG is about to have a special next month in an animation style of a previous episode that I loved.

Also, that is awesome for Adventure Time. Good for them :)

TheChits

The episode Islands Pt. 4 - Imaginary Resources got an emmy nom today for Outstanding Short-form Animation!
Up against some stiff competition (and Teen Titans Go) so I wonder how they will fare.

tumblr_okrs4cGoJi1r5hlyio1_540.gif

Definitely one of my favorite episodes of the show. The quick cut to (spoilered just in case someone hasn't watched yet)
BMO's nightmarish failed attempt at virtual Finn and Jake is
one of the funniest moments of the series for me.

Shauni

Man, I really hope they don't bring back the Lich. He was super cool, but bringing him back would just a retread. Let Sweet Pea be

Psxphile

The entire bomb is now available on the CN app and On-Demand services. I can confirm that all 5 episodes are on the Spectrum mobile app and on their on-demand cable service. Currently going to watch Abstract now.

Psxphile

Final title card released:

tumblr_oskxrgPVBG1t0t09yo1_1280.png

Three Buckets - title card

designed by Steve Wolfhard

painted by Joy Ang

premieres Friday, July 21st at 7:45/6:45c on Cartoon Network
KingOfOoo

Hoo boy, these last five episodes. I don't have the time right now to go over them but it certainly seems like they're trying to tie up all the loose ends from earlier seasons.

Seesaw15

Nothing but suffering.

Three Buckets spoilers:
This fucking show. Fern sets up Finn's prison the same way his was set up in the sword.:.(
DNt03Im.png
Zo3uF0c.png

Shauni

So, in regards to the Fionna episode

What's the thought behind that one? Was Fionna and Cake a TV show from pre-mushroom war that's somehow still being beamed from old satellites and Ice King picks up through his warped mind? Pretty meta, because that means Fionna and Cake is the actual Adventure Time show of the Adventure Time universe

Psxphile

Wait what, this is the last season?
Oh boy, I need to catch up!

Technically season 8 just ended with these five episodes. Season 9 starts whenever and has 16 episodes.

No, these are season 9 I'm pretty sure. Islands is the finale of season 8.

I went back and slightly redid the OPs of this thread and the season 7 OT thread to reflect the new changes CN has made to the episode lineup in a bid to make sense of it. I prefer the original production order myself but what can you do? Season 7 now ends at The Thin Yellow Line and S8 begins and ends with Broke His Crown and the Islands mini-series. Season 9 "officially" begins with Orb and will ultimately end with the AT finale when it airs.

Shauni

I don't know what the hell CN is doing with these season switch ups, shit is a mess. And they're fucking over some physical buyers, too. Season 7 is only on DVD and all the other seasons are on Blu-ray.

daveo42

Banned
It was nice to see all the episodes up on Sling this morning. Good set of episodes, but it seems that
the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Ketchup was real heart-warming. Also Three Buckets
Finn went to a place he thought he'd never go by killing Fern, even if he is evil and has been since Grass Sword.

Shauni

It was nice to see all the episodes up on Sling this morning. Good set of episodes, but it seems that
the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Ketchup was real heart-warming. Also Three Buckets
Finn went to a place he thought he'd never go by killing Fern, even if he is evil and has been since Grass Sword.

Yeah, three buckets is definitely the most interesting of the new batch of episodes. I really didn't see it going there.

So, in regards to the Fionna episode

What's the thought behind that one? Was Fionna and Cake a TV show from pre-mushroom war that's somehow still being beamed from old satellites and Ice King picks up through his warped mind? Pretty meta, because that means Fionna and Cake is the actual Adventure Time show of the Adventure Time universe

I want to think it is being beamed from another dimension but your theory is also very possible, I hope they have at least one more to wrap it up, maybe a team up

I'm
Pretty disappointed
knowing that this will soon be the end,
seeing how they handle stuff like the Lich sucks. That's it? After seasons of teasing and what not they just, have Sweet Pea kill him off? Really? The Lich?
Fern stuff was cool though but I don't have any faith that they'll
follow up the cliff hanger in any meaningful way.

Shauni

I'm
Pretty disappointed
knowing that this will soon be the end,
seeing how they handle stuff like the Lich sucks. That's it? After seasons of teasing and what not they just, have Sweet Pea kill him off? Really? The Lich?
Fern stuff was cool though but I don't have any faith that they'll
follow up the cliff hanger in any meaningful way.

I mean, did
you really want another Lich retread? We've been down that road like four times in various ways.

I feel like it was something that they felt they had to address at some point since the Lich was such a big character, but I'm glad they didn't make it another multi-part arc or anything again

I mean, did
you really want another Lich retread? We've been down that road like four times in various ways.

I feel like it was something that they felt they had to address at some point since the Lich was such a big character, but I'm glad they didn't make it another multi-part arc or anything again
Honestly? Yes, he's my favorite character by far and I feel that
for all they built him up and his grandeur in the series, he deserved far far better

That was genuinely the shittiest way they could've wrapped his story up. Oh well
at least he got a few more badass lines before getting fucked over.

Shauni

Honestly? Yes, he's my favorite character by far and I feel that
for all they built him up and his grandeur in the series, he deserved far far better

That was genuinely the shittiest way they could've wrapped his story up. Oh well
at least he got a few more badass lines before getting fucked over.

The Lich got more extended time than literally any other villain in the series by far, and was the main antagonizing force through three separate season finales.

I don't really know how he deserved more than that, unless you just wanted every season to have an extended Lich saga lol. Which, fair enough if you did, but I'm glad they didn't go that route

The Lich got more extended time than literally any other villain in the series by far, and was the main antagonizing force through three separate season finales.

I don't really know how he deserved more than that, unless you just wanted every season to have an extended Lich saga lol. Which, fair enough if you did, but I'm glad they didn't go that route
For all that build up and for what a terrifying force the Lich was don't you think he deserved to go out better than being killed by a massive toddler in an instant?

Tuck

I'm content with the way they handled the Lich. Seems appropriate to have sweet p win out over him. Plus, I almost see this more as an epilogue to the Lich stuff - his true defeat was in that other dimension when they introduce Finn's dad.

It's funny, the Lich has appeared lots now and he always gets defeated super easy. I do wish they had done more with him in later seasons cause he's so awesome and always has ace dialogue.

Lol@how blue Jake amounted to nothing.

Shauni

Wait a minute Fionna & Cake was TV show that was beamed into the Ice Kings head this whole time? MIND BLOWN

That's the way I understood that, possibly a pre-war cartoon that is somehow still being broadcast on a loop?

For all that build up and for what a terrifying force the Lich was don't you think he deserved to go out better than being killed by a massive toddler in an instant?

Well, I mean, all that was left of him was his hand and all

Crocodile

So I've been pretty lost on Adventure Time. I came across a set of episodes last week where something happened and the four elements went crazy on the planet and FP and Bubblegum et al went all primal but then Lumpy Space Princess saved the day and Jake went full Alien at the end. Otherwise, think the last episodes I had seen that I remember well were when the King of Ooo took over Bubblegum's kingdom. I think I've seen some random episodes n other spots but not within any part of the narrative I remember well. The King of Ooo storyline was the start of which season? Was the "bomb" I described part of this season? Is this the last season? I'm pretty lost to be honest.

Psxphile

So I've been pretty lost on Adventure Time. I came across a set of episodes last week where something happened and the four elements went crazy on the planet and FP and Bubblegum et al went all primal but then Lumpy Space Princess saved the day and Jake went full Alien at the end. Otherwise, think the last episodes I had seen that I remember well were when the King of Ooo took over Bubblegum's kingdom. I think I've seen some random episodes n other spots but not within any part of the narrative I remember well. The King of Ooo storyline was the start of which season? Was the "bomb" I described part of this season? Is this the last season? I'm pretty lost to be honest.

Season 6 ended w/ King of Ooo winning the princess election in a landslide victory (among other things that happened during, y'know things like a comet coming to smash into the planet). Afterwards a series of shorts were released wherein one short lightly touched on P-bub's "banishment" and then the plot thread picks up again w/ Season 7 until the end of the Stakes! mini-series. Check out my S7 OT here, I compiled a list of episodes and I've got links to the shorts online if you want to watch them. You'll have to find the episodes on your own (should be available on VOD services).

The "bomb" you saw was part of the mini-series "Elements" which aired first not too long ago. According to CN it's now the Season 8 finale. Check the first post in this thread for the episode list (maybe watch Season 7 first though, gonna be mild spoilers in the OT).

And yes, technically we are now in the final stretch of the last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom