• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventures of Mana |OT| The Final Fantasy Adventure returns to Mobile and Vita

Goli

jDVxh3S.png

Adventures of Mana is a remake of the GameBoy title Final Fatasy Adventure, known as Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden in Japan. For more information and media please visit the official site for the game here.

Purchase links

iOS JP: https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id1048629552?l=ja&mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4
iOS international: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adventures-of-mana/id1048629983?mt=8

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.adventures

Vita (JP only): https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja...53;-/cid=JP0082-PCSG00759_00-SEIKENFFGAIDENRM

huh?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Man, I hope they localize the console versions. :/

Goli

As if it wasn't clear enough Famitsu says the international version is a mobile exclusive so

YES.

Perfect, I just got a $15 iTunes card for my birthday, so I might grab this for my Austin trip this weekend. I thought I was going to just read Archie comics the whole way, but this might be better (no wait, there's a new Harry Lucey collection coming out on Friday, nothing is better than that).

Wow, I had no idea this was coming out so soon.
Falling from the airship after being inches from rescuing the girl
was the first time I ever got emotionally invested in a video game (I was like 7).
Suck that the Vita version is Japan only, but I guess I can live with iOS.

duckroll

Any impressions on Android yet? If it's good I'll take the plunge. I'm kinda surprised S-E didn't even bother to just release the Vita version in JP+EN on PSN for Asia.

Any impressions on Android yet? If it's good I'll take the plunge. I'm kinda surprised S-E didn't even bother to just release the Vita version in JP+EN on PSN for Asia.
I'm downloading it now (Nexus 6P). If I play it tonight, I'll try to post an initial impression.

As if it wasn't clear enough Famitsu says the international version is a mobile exclusive so

Do you have a link for this? I didn't see it in the article in the OP, a Siliconera article did mention it but I just wanted to see if the original wording was a "no plans at this time" type thing or a "it's not happening, ever" type thing.

Goli

Do you have a link for this? I didn't see it in the article in the OP, a Siliconera article did mention it but I just wanted to see if the original wording was a "no plans at this time" type thing or a "it's not happening, ever" type thing.

From the link:
なお、日本語版はプレイステーション Vita、iPhone、Androidでの配信、英語版はiPhone、Androidでの配信となっている。
It says that distribution for the JP version is on Vita, iPhone and Android, while the English one is for iPhone and Android instead.

No need for something too flashy, just remember to add a link to Terra Battle though.

/me hides

done

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
From the link: It says that distribution for the JP version is on Vita, iPhone and Android, while the English one is for iPhone and Android only.
They're talking about today's release and to be honest the way it's phrased doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be an English Vita version in the future.

There probably won't be an English Vita version in the future.

From the link: It says that distribution for the JP version is on Vita, iPhone and Android, while the English one is for iPhone and Android only.

Ahhh gotcha, I was looking for words like のみ haha. I wouldn't necessarily consider that 100% confirmation that the Vita version won't leave Japan, since it's more like a "present circumstances" list, but I agree that it seems pretty unlikely given that they don't mention Vita on the English page and everything else was released simultaneously.

e: I got beat to the punch.

duckroll

I don't understand the lack of a Vita release in English though. Is it a technical issue (no manpower on the Vita team to implement the localization) or is it a financial issue (don't want to pay Sony QA fee for extra regions?) or what?

Faustek

Hmm, yeah grabbing it of PSN, maybe. Depends on how fun DQB is.

I don't understand the lack of a Vita release in English though. Is it a technical issue (no manpower on the Vita team to implement the localization) or is it a financial issue (don't want to pay Sony QA fee for extra regions?) or what?

The only thing I've heard from the community managers are

It is perplexing yeah, presumably the mobile and Vita versions are the exact same game, so I figure it must just be that SE felt the western Vita market wasn't worth whatever cost there would be (however minimal) to bring it over.

RK128

Considering they were willing to consider a Western Vita release if they put the game within the Vote Vita Campaign, then I think they are in the talks of getting the western Vita version out there.

They just put the effort to get the translation working for mobile devices first, then do a latter Vita release if there is fan demand about it.

I'm not getting this until a Vita version or some console version is announced anyway (don't have a smart phone), so I'm willing to wait :).

Quonny

It is weird. They lost a sale from me. I mean, I'm only one person, but still.

/portbeg

duckroll

Is this portbeg or localizationbeg? Lol. Technically, it's neither since the game is already ported to the Vita and it is already localized into English. What do we call this form of begging?!

B.K.

It's too bad they aren't releasing the Vita version outside of Japan. I would have bought the Vita version. This isn't the kind of game I want to play with touch controls. I was hoping there would be an Asian English release for the game, but then I found out a few days ago that it was digital only on Vita. I assumed it would have a physical release.

RK128

Is this portbeg or localizationbeg? Lol. Technically, it's neither since the game is already ported to the Vita and it is already localized into English. What do we call this form of begging?!

Is my post bad :(? Will edit it then. Sorry Duckroll :(.

Thinking about it more, maybe they're waiting to see how mobile sales go internationally before they move forward with bringing it over on Vita?

No controller support for iOS? Come on, I already suffered through secret of mana on iOS...

I'll import a physical vita version (if it has one and doesn't get an English vita release)

Seriously, not sure what SE's Hangup is on a vita English release...

Goli

Well, they didn't seem to care about Chaos Rings III either re: Vita so I wouldn't expect much. I wonder if Romancing SaGa 2 will be localised for mobile, and if it is whether or not Vita will continue to be ignored.

Shizuka

I'd like to know how extensive was Square Enix USA involvement with this project. I feel like it was mostly handled by Square Enix JP and maybe it's easier for them to publish Android/iOS games than to publish a Vita game.

Aeana

It's such a pain to switch regions on Vita.
I guess I could open that second VitaTV I got for duckroll but he didn't want.

I used to know this entire game by heart. Going back is going to feel real weird.

I can't decide if I should wait for possible Vita or double dip. I'm leaning toward double dipping.

jschreier

Just got to the Marsh Cave. iOS version is great. It's a 1:1 remake of FFA all the way down to the positioning of terrain obstacles, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

Top Bottom