• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aeris

jiggle

Noooooo!!!! Save her for FFVII-2 damnit!! >_<

aeris.jpg

image from magic-box

Psymon

I have a VERY strong feeling she will be resurrected, and this in a very OMGhi2U-cliché sort of way, for example near the very end... But I still hope it's only a flashback

It's ALMOST as if Square is whoring out their most popular franchise sans rhyme or reason to exploit their fans (and their fans' pocketbooks). Almost.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
JackFrost2012 said:
It's ALMOST as if Square is whoring out their most popular franchise sans rhyme or reason to exploit their fans (and their fans' pocketbooks). Almost.
It's all good if it turns out ok.

Claus

Banned
Excellent, they ruin a good story just to please their crybaby fans who got emotionally attached to a videogame character.

beerbelly

Banned
I had her leveled up to level 35 until *it* happened. The cruel thing is, I asked which trio to use in the #GA chatroom and SEA MANKY told me to keep using Aeris. YOU USED ME MANKY!!! <Willie> BLAST IT!! </Willie>

JackFrost2012 said:
The major difference between you and me is that you've stepped up to the very edge of the cliff whereas I have pretty much jumped off.

Claus said:
Excellent, they ruin a good story just to please their crybaby fans who got emotionally attached to a videogame character.
The so calling "FANS" are the most important factor for a game-company! They are buying the games. They are defending them. They give them feedback. They give them their money.
So, YES, they have to "please their fans" because they are buying the Square-Games, you sucker. They make the games FOR THE FANS! THEY love their games.
After finishing FF7 the first time..... there were only two things I wanted to have UNTIL NOW: A FF7 sequel and a Aeris-revival.
I love that game. For me, it is the greatest game ever!! If I could make a sequel I WOULD BRING HER BACK.

So, after all:
If you don't like a FF7-sequel, or a Aeris comeback or even FF7.....don't play it/watch it and PLEASEEEEEE..... just STFU, ok??

Thanks

Claus

Banned
Mystifizor said:
The so calling "FANS" are the most important factor for a game-company! They are buying the games. They are defending them. They give them feedback. They give them their money.
So, YES, they have to "please their fans" because they are buying the Square-Games, you sucker. They make the games FOR THE FANS! THEY love their games.
After finishing FF7 the first time..... there were only two things I wanted to have UNTIL NOW: A FF7 sequel and a Aeris-revival.
I love that game. For me, it is the greatest game ever!! If I could make a sequel I WOULD BRING HER BACK.

So, after all:
If you don't like a FF7-sequel, or a Aeris comeback or even FF7.....don't play it/watch it and PLEASEEEEEE..... just STFU, ok??

Thanks

If it isn't broke don't fix it. Plain and simple. If they really wanted to please their fans they'd be releasing it as a game instead of a movie. It's nothing more than milking another game that people worship like a god.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'm convinced Square hate their fans.

Fans: Give us the sequel to our most loved game!
Square: Allright here is a CG movie and a shitty cellphone game!
Fans: YAY! (they are happy because they received *something*)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't know about you guys but I'm not gonna watch FFVII-AC just for the story

Then again, I'm not the biggest FFVII fan either

belgurdo

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
I'm convinced Square hate their fans.

Fans: Give us the sequel to our most loved game!
Square: Allright here is a CG movie and a shitty cellphone game!
Fans: YAY! (they are happy because they received *something*)

They probably don't want to do a VII-2 yet because fans will bitch if it's not the second coming of RPGs, kind of like what happened with X-2.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
belgurdo said:
They probably don't want to do a VII-2 yet because fans will bitch if it's not the second coming of RPGs, kind of like what happened with X-2.
That's true, makes sense.

Since the CG movie (which I'm pretty excited about and I'm not a Square fan) seems to be rather short and takes place immediately after the first game, they've essentially already created a transitional peice for when and if they decide to make a sequel. You know unless they killl everyone in the movie.

belgurdo said:

I think the bitching about X-2 was more directed at it's tone. They could have gone for a more serious, less Yuna's-bouncy- dressup adventure tone and there would have been far less complaints. I mean hell the light-heartedness took a back seat after the 1st chapter anyway.

Ranger X

a TRUE game develloper will do what HE THINK is good to provide to the gaming world and NOT what the fans want necessarily. This is called "vision" and it leads to new ideas and evolution. Squaresoft in general is NOT that. Sad. They just want your freakin wallets, they don't give a shit about gaming man. (well, i must say that passionnate devellopers with game designers with an artistic will of creation is rare i guess...)

I play RPGs 'cause of the story. Like a good book.
So they're gonna make a movie? A sequel to FF7? A game with the best story ever -IMO-!!
Good. GIVE IT TO ME.
That`s all I want. The story has to continue.
Like I said: THE FANS are the most important factor! ....and they want Aeris back. And... they want a sequel.

belgurdo

Banned
Die Squirrel Die said:
I think the bitching about X-2 was more directed at it's tone. They could have gone for a more serious, less Yuna's-bouncy- dressup adventure tone and there would have been far less complaints. I mean hell the light-heartedness took a back seat after the 1st chapter anyway.

Yeah, I disliked the fact that SE "fans" basically (or apparently) just watched the intro movie of the game and started with the "Si't teh Charlies Angjuls lol" shit, and didn't see the stuff that goes down, like, 30 minutes after the game starts. Why should all heroes be brooding anyway? The last thing we need is for all games to be war sims or whatever.

Pfft, game never did explain why someone can take bullets, lasers, slashes from sword, and what not and be revived by a little item but can't take a damned stabbing. :p I know I know, just kidding around though. I guess you just don't want to die in a cutscene!

Anyways, who didn't see Aeris in AC coming? You can't make a FF7 movie without her, flashback or other. I still want to see what freaking Cait Sith looks like.

belgurdo

Banned
Wyzdom said:
a TRUE game develloper will do what HE THINK is good to provide to the gaming world and NOT what the fans want necessarily. This is called "vision" and it leads to new ideas and evolution. Squaresoft in general is NOT that. Sad. They just want your freakin wallets, they don't give a shit about gaming man. (well, i must say that passionnate devellopers with game designers with an artistic will of creation is rare i guess...)

The point of a business is to make money, period. Even video game companies stand by belief. If you want a bunch of people to make "art" to your specifications every time you ask, go to a coffee house and toss someone a piece of paper and some crayons or something.

(And I don't think Square has ever just done stuff because the "fans" wanted it; they've always had a "vision" and try to make somewhat original product based on what they themselves like. Otherwise we'd be playing FFVII-4 and a bunch of Celes spin-off games or whatever right now.)

Tellaerin

Wyzdom said:
a TRUE game develloper will do what HE THINK is good to provide to the gaming world and NOT what the fans want necessarily. This is called "vision" and it leads to new ideas and evolution.

A company like Square-Enix isn't just creating art for art's sake. They're attempting to sell entertainment. To do that, you have to temper the more 'visionary' aspects of your creations with elements designed to fulfill the expectations of your intended audience. Franchises are even more restrictive in this regard, because the fans' expectations are that much more sharply-defined. (People are already complaining about the battle system in FF XII because it's not the usual 'PC's and monsters line up facing each other and square off' setup they've spent the past eleven games with, for example.)

Interestingly, your sentiments tend to parallel the outlook of many N-fans lately--by giving people what Nintendo feels is important, rather than taking steps to acknowledge and fulfill desires many gamers have expressed, Nintendo is said to be generating 'new ideas and evolution' for gaming. However, their recent 'artistic' approach to the industry has left many people dissatisfied, since they feel Nintendo is ignoring what gamers want in favor of their 'vision'. I think Square-Enix has adopted the right approach--while experimentation has its place (Unlimited SaGa, anyone?), giving the paying customers what they want should always come first.

neptunes

Defensor said:
I hope it's a flashback for Aeris.

if only half people in this thread could think like you!

Even in the trailer it does that flashback scene (water burial, sephiroth standing within fire)

She could be a ghost or a part of cloud's memory!

jeezus fuck! stop jumping to conclusions.

Nobody asked for this, people wanted a GAME. And why the fuck is it only 60 minutes? They couldn't make a full-length movie? What the hell could possibly happen in an hour? Instead of a new game we have Kitase and his crew working on this instead, because they're worried about the "resources" needed for an entirely new game. Same motivation as FFX-2. Square is really starting to slip in the post-TSW era, they better stop fucking around and start giving people what they REALLY want. And I don't care if some schoolgirls from Japan want a cell phone game, no one here in the US wants to play a game on a fucking cell phone. Not even the GBA whores! It's Game & Watch all over again. And that sucked the first time.

AniHawk

Neutron Night said:
Nobody asked for this, people wanted a GAME. And why the fuck is it only 60 minutes? They couldn't make a full-length movie? What the hell could possibly happen in an hour? Instead of a new game we have Kitase and his crew working on this instead, because they're worried about the "resources" needed for an entirely new game. Same motivation as FFX-2. Square is really starting to slip in the post-TSW era, they better stop fucking around and start giving people what they REALLY want. And I don't care if some schoolgirls from Japan want a cell phone game, no one here in the US wants to play a game on a fucking cell phone. Not even the GBA whores! It's Game @ Watch all over again. And that sucked the first time.

Recently, they expanded it past 60 minutes. I think the actual time is now 70-80 minutes. Can't remember where I heard that though.

cvxfreak

I'm really liking the concept of a movie. I didn't like FF7's gameplay, but I heard it had an intriguing story. So I can't wait to see what all the FF7 fuss is all about. Sorta like Shenmue The Movie, except I liked Shenmue.

Mystifizor said:

So, after all:

Thanks
Ever heard of "artistic integrity"? Didn't think so.

Alucard

Banned
So when is this supposed to be released again? And will North American fans be able to even get a sniff of this thing?

neptunes said:
if only half people in this thread could think like you!

Even in the trailer it does that flashback scene (water burial, sephiroth standing within fire)

She could be a ghost or a part of cloud's memory!

jeezus fuck! stop jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, maybe she'll just appear as a vision to Cloud. Something like a ghost memory.

Mystifizor said:
Ever heard of "Real Fans" or "loving a game"??

"Real Fans" want Aeris to be revived! People who actually understood the story and want Square to leave well enough alone aren't Real Fans!

If you don't GameShark the Underwater Materia into your party then THE TERRORISTS HAVE ALREADY WON.

Che

Banned
Can you enlighten me about the location of Square's headquarters? If they screw the best game I've ever played, I might have to deliver a package to them.

Top Bottom