• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Throw your contenders for GOTY 2024

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I think it's far too early as there sure to be some surprises to be sure.

But from the ones known I'm hopeful for

FF7 Rebirth
Space Marine 2
Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth.

If you mean GOTY in terms of none personal game awards trash, then got no clue.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

FF7 Rebirth and Dragon Dogma 2

Potentially Hellblade 2 if its out this year.

FF7 Remake was an incredible experience and loved the direction
(So it doesnt hurt the original games story etc)
, FF7 Rebirth introducing new characters, open world and more adds so much to the already great experience.

Holammer

Hollow Knight: Silksong & Hades 2.
Considering how Hades & Hollow Knight scored legion awards, sold tons and had overwhelmingly positive receptions from gamers. They have an open goal when it comes to GotY discussions.

Dragon's Dogma 2 is a sequel to a meme with a fanatical fanbase. Question is if they're going to reach a wider audience.

Cynexius

Neo Member
2024 is going to be a mostly dead year. The only games people are talking about are FF7:Rebirth and Tekken 8. Possibly Hades 2 and Hollow Knight 2 will be decent indies.

2024 best game: FF7:Rebirth
2024 best RPG: FF7:Rebirth
2024 best music: FF7 Rebirth
2024 best fighting game: Tekken 8

Weird year. I'm sure hades 2 and silksong will be great, but in terms of AAA games, while intrigue in some, there is also reasons for me to be a little weary. As of now, the only games that interest me in that space are stellar blade, rise of the Ronin and Wu Kong. Problem is all those games that have me concerned that the final product will be good. Stellar blade and Wu Kong are from unknown or newer developers. Rise of the Ronin is from team ninja which is pretty established for good games, but they have been a little hit or miss for me.

While none of these games are for me, I understand the Tekken, FF rebirth and DD2 listed pretty much throughout the thread. Feel one of those games will be it for most people, they're just not my cup of tea. Really kind of hoping Nintendo has some good surprises with the anticipated launch of switch 2 hopefully this year.

Space Marine 2 being delayed until later this year was both good due to all the games in 2023 ( I'm still hooked on Darktide & Rogue Trader for the 40K fill too), and bad because it was like a whole other year to wait. The extra polishing time should make for an awesome release tho.

Hellblade 2

200.gif

Lupin25

These. Nothing else will have the same attention I believe (Unless the Switch 2 comes):

Hades 2

FF7 Rebirth

Dragon’s Dogma 2

AC Red

Last edited:
It's basically pointless to talk about GOTY 2024 until Nintendo has some kind of Switch 2 showing. a 3D Mario and Metroid Prime 4 are both on the table and both certainly in the conversation for whatever year they release.

graywolf323

honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something that hasn’t even been announced, there could be a number of games coming from either Nintendo or PlayStation that we don’t know about yet

of the announced for me personally it’d likely be FFVII: Rebirth

This year could be very interesting and unpredictable, just base on current release, it seems to be a very slow year and it would be goty between ff7 rebirth and stellar blade, however crypto is once again in bull market so this could be the year that web 3 gaming absolutely explodes.

Slow year? The first 4 months are already stacked with Prince of Persia, Tekken 8, and Infinite Wealth I'm Jan then in Feb there's Suicide Squad, Personally 3 Reload, and FF7 Rebirth, followed by Rise of the Ronin and my most anticipated game, Dragons Dogma 2!

I'm probably forgetting something bit that's already stronger than the first several months of '23. Granted, '23 really started going off in late April through June but keep in mind, while we don't know much about the second half of '23, we could see a slew of stuff get announced months into '24 too. We do know Hellblade 2 and Black Myth are releasing at least.

I'm just hoping to get Switch 2, PS5 Pro, WIND WAKER AND TWIGHLIGHT PRINCESS, HELLBLADE 2 and ONE BIG SONY FP EXCLUSIVE and I'll be happy.

Mozzarella

Too early to call that.
But 2024 is looking to be a weaker year than 2023.

I think Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is the only game i can confidently see getting a nomination.

Potential contenders may include: Avowed, Dragon's Dogma 2, A Switch game, Silksong (if it releases), Metaphor.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

From the thread that was already made....

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree.
Next-Gen Nintendo device 3D Mario.
Rise Of The Ronin.
Star Wars Outlaws.
Metroid Prime 4.

Top Bottom