• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2012 |OT| Kevin Sheedy 2.0 [RIP John McCarthy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Im unbiased when it comes to afl. I go* for essendon and even I can tell when collingwood get free kicks

* = not this year. useless bunch of hacks

Dead Man

These umpires are fucking useless, and Collingwood fans.....they expect holding the ball when a Hawks player has had the ball for 0.01 seconds, I mean come the fuck on.

Speak for yourself!

Edit: This might get ugly. GAHG!!!!!H!! !!11 Fucking Tarrant. You fucking numpty.

midonnay

yeah, the roos was kicking our arse at halftime in Tasmania.... >_>

Weagles are a very one dimensional team..... great ruck, good defense, average midfield

We're vulnerable to teams with abit of speed.

Dead Man

Damn that was a shit game to sit through, the pies were so clase to coming back a few times and then the hawks just stomped them out.

Hawthorn look very good.

Ydahs

Crows goal kicking was awful. Sydney was in control for most of that game with Goodes leading the charge from start to finish.

Also, that third quarter was remarkably good. A 22 minute struggle for the first goal.

Yagharek

So ...

Collingwood play North/West Coast
Adelaide play Fremantle/Geelong

Hawks play winner of Adelaide/Fremantle/Geelong
Swans play winner of Collingwood/North/WCE

Ydahs

Collingwood will come up against two sides they've lost to convincingly recently. Will be interesting to see how they go this time around.

I'd love to see Collingwood vs North again.

ajim

I was at the game last night, it was intense footy for the first quarter. Great stuff by the mighty Hawkers!

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really not keen on a trip to AAMI to play Adelaide, that's depending on whether Geelong get the win tonight, I would have been up for a Sydney trip though.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Ouch, lol. Didn't even look like Geelong were that interest in a contest. Hopefully we get our shit together this quarter.

tri_willy

pretty pissed off about crows playing like shit today, congrats to the swans.

holy moly at geelong getting a new arsehole by the dockers

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like we've thrown as much as we can at Freo but we're clearly being outplayed and we're too easy to score against on the rebound.

Yagharek

Geelong are absolute cheats. Ballantyne gets assaulted, 50m penalty for geelong, free shot on goal.

Umpires = geelong = cheats.

Ydahs

Top notch performance by Freo. They've been impressive this last month and I reckon they can take it right up to Adelaide next week.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not too disappointed tbh. Sure I would have loved to see us beat the Hawks in the prelims for the lolz and have a decent crack at another flag but it would have been a fight just to get that far let alone win it with, as we seen tonight, Freo, then Adelaide at home and then knock over the flag favorites.

Anyway, I don't think anyone could be too disappointed with a loss against a Freo side that played as well as they did tonight. Caught us napping at the start, always seemed to have an answer when we pushed them hard, killed us on the rebound many a time and until we almost ran them off their legs in the end just seemed to propel everything we threw at them. Fantastic game by them.

Damned if we didn't fight hard at the end though. It was beyond embarrassing at the start but I don't mind too much now that we fought it out.
You'd expect Scarlett to call it a day. But we got enough game time into a lot of kids this year so I expect us to be up and about next year.

I was asked a few weeks ago who I'd want to see win the flag if not the Cats and picked Freo so now that we're out I'd like to stick with them and I'd also love to see Adelaide go close.
Or failing that anyone but Collingwood, lol.

Ydahs

I expected North to put up a real fight. They've come across as mentally tough for most of the year but their display today was horrendous. Wake up call for them.

Don't underestimate the Roos.

Well i thoroughly did expect a north thrashing. Mainly because alot of their players havent had finals intensity matches and subiaco is probably the worst place you can go to to play your first final. Theyll come good though, alot of their decent players are young.

tri_willy

afl gaf, there is a rumour going on that a player has died in vegas, any facts on this or will this rumour be squashed

update: apparently it is john mccarthy from port power. fell off a balcony is the apparent reason

fisheyes

afl gaf, there is a rumour going on that a player has died in vegas, any facts on this or will this rumour be squashed

update: apparently it is john mccarthy from port power. fell off a balcony is the apparent reason

Jesus. Really?

EDIT: Seems to be true (or else everyone is picking up on a fake story). Horrible news.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...ent-in-las-vegas/story-e6frecjc-1226470914423
http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne...d-in-las-vegas/20120910-h5hw.html#commentForm

EDIT 2: Port has confirmed 'a player' has died, but will not identify who until the family knows
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/147307/default.aspx

tri_willy

got a workmate who knows a couple of the power guys, rumours going around strong so its been unofficially called but bad loss nonetheless

Yep RIP John McCarthy, my GF works at a police station and the news got there very very fast after the incident. Respect for once to the media outlets for not releasing the name (even though most people knew) until his brother could be contacted and notified.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yep RIP John McCarthy, my GF works at a police station and the news got there very very fast after the incident. Respect for once to the media outlets for not releasing the name (even though most people knew) until his brother could be contacted and notified.

MMM released it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom