• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Charlottesville, the American Far Right is tearing itself apart

Clefargle

I sometimes delve back into /pol/ to see how ridiculous things have gotten there. And there are multiple threads daily about "disassociating alt right/ /pol/ from nazism". They're very concerned that all the "larping" has really distracted from their core brand proposition of racism, intolerance, anti-LGBT, antisemitism, and misogyny. Lol, and then right below it is the "sieg heil naziism thread" full of exactly those things. It's funny, but we shouldn't ever let anyone forget the fact that this cesspit openly welcomed fascists/Nazis/white supremacists and still does. Just because they got a little blowback, these snowflakes are lamenting that the "normies" they despise, will "unfairly" associate their nationalism and hatred with that exact historical group.
Clownshoes

Xyrmellon

The Proud Boys were started as a joke. They got their name from a line or song in Aladdin. One of the initiation rituals is you get punched while naming 5 breakfast cereals.I know everyone is going to provide evidence to the contrary, but I feel alot of people got upset when Macguinnes turned conservative and got pushed out of Vice and have labeled him a bigot. He in turn made the Proudboys a "legit" conservative group to spite them further, and became an activist. Lately, he's actually shied away from the spotlight because he doesn't want to be associated with the other groups.

People need to read that article about the dude who infiltrated the alt right. They're not infighting so much as they are specializing in various aspects of hatred and institutionalized racism. You have the think tanks, the board rooms, the propaganda arms, the goon squads, etc. if anything they're becoming more dangerous because the leave a pinky dangling out as bait but the rest of the body is functioning well, and they know how to turn the moderate against those who would do what is right.

All of that is true but that very article mentioned there's infighting as they're trying to push some "too moderate" members from their main publisher.

Charlottesville has shone a big light on their true goals and reminded everyone that death and mass deportation is the logical outcome if they gain power.

They are hoping to hide this until it's too late.

More like they want to be weekend nazis, when that shit is 24/7

That and they don't want any consequences of their racism.

Reminds of those assholes who rode around in a pickup truck flying the Confederate flag and pointed a shotgun at a kids birthday party.

They were bawling in court when the sentencing came down.

sphagnum

Banned
I posted this in PoliGAF earlier but I found it interesting that some elements are clearly trying to rebrand as being libertarian anticommunists specifically.

Looks like the alt-right are rebranding again as "anticoms" to counter Antifa with a tiki torch rally scheduled for Dec 28 in Charlotte, NC. Featuring of course Augustus Invictus and Richard Spencer.

http://archive.is/viyU0#selection-661.0-667.287

Highlights of this ad include using the words "chad" and "neet".

Ekai

People need to read that article about the dude who infiltrated the alt right. They're not infighting so much as they are specializing in various aspects of hatred and institutionalized racism. You have the think tanks, the board rooms, the propaganda arms, the goon squads, etc. if anything they're becoming more dangerous because the leave a pinky dangling out as bait but the rest of the body is functioning well, and they know how to turn the moderate against those who would do what is right.

Eyup. Centrists need to develop awareness and a moral backbone. And fast.

Not

Banned

Scary stuff.

Wait a minute, is the OK sign adopted by an alt right group now? Seriously what the fuck. Is there anything that doesn't get co-opted by assholes? Like the swastika was ruined by Nazi fucktards, then pepe who was just a goofy sad frog, apparently kek is used by tons of those assholes, and the freaking OK sign is now associated with these guys. Like what the hell man.

Not

Banned
Wait a minute, is the OK sign adopted by an alt right group now? Seriously what the fuck. Is there anything that doesn't get co-opted by assholes? Like the swastika was ruined by Nazi fucktards, then pepe who was just a goofy sad frog, apparently kek is used by tons of those assholes, and the freaking OK sign is now associated with these guys. Like what the hell man.

This is a good thing. Eventually gestures and expressions that the majority of people use will originate from nonwhite people, as those are the only ones that won't be co-opted.

sphagnum

Banned

Kek happened because they found out about the ancient Egyptian frog god Kek (funny enough, also named Kuk) which fit with Pepe, especially after they discovered the song Shadilay by the group P.E.P.E. from like the 70s that had as it's album art a frog holding a magic wand. This all spurred on the idea of meme magic that evolved into esoteric kekism.

The OK sign was adopted because of smug Pepe memes where he holds up the sign. Plus Trump's hand motions.

They've also adopted milk drinking as a sign of white pride.

They're just taking from their leader.

WPHmF9S.gif

I posted this in PoliGAF earlier but I found it interesting that some elements are clearly trying to rebrand as being libertarian anticommunists specifically.

Rebranding sure would be a lot easier if they didn't utilize the same type of protest that ended in one of them committing a terrorist attack.

Kek happened because they found out about the ancient Egyptian frog god Kek (funny enough, also named Kuk) which fit with Pepe, especially after they discovered the song Shadilay by the group P.E.P.E. from like the 70s that had as it's album art a frog holding a magic wand. This all spurred on the idea of meme magic that evolved into esoteric kekism.

Kek predates all that shit. It originates from World of Warcraft, where a Horde player typing lol would read as kek to an Alliance player.

sphagnum

Banned
Kek predates all that shit. It originates from World of Warcraft, where a Horde player typing lol would read as kek to an Alliance player.

I know, I'm just describing how it got tangled up with the alt right. People on 4chan always used it because of games but /pol/ changed its meaning.

Not

Banned
They've also adopted milk drinking as a sign of white pride.

Is cum next? :(

A whole genre of adult entertainment, tarnished overnight

EDIT: Seeing as all humans have to drink breastmilk to survive, not sure how you effectively stigmatize that one.

This is a good thing. Eventually gestures and expressions that the majority of people use will originate from nonwhite people, as those are the only ones that won't be co-opted.

I don't think nonwhite expression really is safe too if the swastika got turned into a symbol of evil. Kind of strange that Nazis decided to use a religious symbol from Asia to signify the Aryan race. Then again I think at this point I think these assholes just want to ruin things for everyone else.

sphagnum

Banned
Is cum next? :(

A whole genre of adult entertainment, tarnished overnight

The milk thing is specifically because Europeans have a genetic tendency to be lactose tolerant, unlike many other people in the world. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac...lactose_intolerance_in_recent_populations.jpg

Guzzling semen to increase their whiteness would be pretty funny though.

I don't think nonwhite expression really is safe too if the swastika got turned into a symbol of evil. Kind of strange that Nazis decided to use a religious symbol from Asia to signify the Aryan race. Then again I think at this point I think these assholes just want to ruin things for everyone else.

The swastika pops up in a lot of ancient Indo-European art, which would include the original (correct-usage) Aryans who entered northern India. However, as far as I know it was also used by non-IE populations so I think they're just being selective in their historical readings.

Top Bottom