• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After the Xbox showcase… what games do you think will get pushed to 2025?

Hemingwayoffbase

Gold Member
Personally I don’t think there’s a snowballs chance in hell we see Avowed this year.

Hellblade 2 we probably will get this year.

I’m 50/50 on Indiana Jones.

graywolf323

from the showcase I’d say Indiana Jones & Avowed would be the only two I could see slipping (Indy is just ‘2024’ while Avowed looked a bit rough so we’ll see if they keep it for ‘Fall 2024‘ or not)

Hellblade has an actual date within 6 months after all and Ara seems less likely to me than the other two to slip

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Joe Biden GIF by ABC News

Sanepar

Indiana Jones probably. But MS has a lot of stuff for 2025: Fable, gears, forza horizon, inxile rpg, id game

Kuranghi

I think Hellblade is ultra-safe, Indy is pretty safe as it looked far along and working well but could slip, Avowed felt like it had a nice world, polished graphics and the like, but didn't really have proper gameplay yet it looked rough imo. Ara will probably be delayed I think, the video had a strong vertical slice feeling and I'd bet its not really near complete.

I should add, as ReBurn says above: Hopefully none will be unless they really need to be, no one wants that.

Last edited:

mdkirby

Indie looks great, really looking forward to that...I was looking forward to avowed, but having seen that trailer/dev diary thing, much less so now. So if anything is delayed it'll be avowed cos it looks kinda crap and needs way longer in the oven.

Nydius

Both Indiana Jones and Avowed. Anyone who thinks they're coming out this year has forgotten how inept Microsoft is at managing their studios. If they were extremely confident of them releasing this year, they wouldn't give such broad, generic, release windows.

Starfield got delayed 3 times and that was with it originally having a concrete release date.
Forza Motorsport got its release date shifted 3 times: Fall 2022, First Half 2023, then just "2023".

No one should be surprised that we hear nothing about either of these games for several months and then they both get pushed into "spring" or "first half" 2025.

Last edited:

acm2000

dont think any of them will be delayed past this year, theyre all many many years into development, indy wouldve been out already if it wasnt for covid and the ms take over

Godot25

Banned
While game development is unpredictable I expect all shown games to hit 2024

Same as all games from last year's developer direct hit 2023

Last edited:

magnumpy

after "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" flopped I cannot believe they are revisiting this franchise in any form. for gods sake just let it die :(

Ozriel

M$FT
Personally I don’t think there’s a snowballs chance in hell we see Avowed this year.

What’s this based on?

Both Indiana Jones and Avowed. Anyone who thinks they're coming out this year has forgotten how inept Microsoft is at managing their studios. If they were extremely confident of them releasing this year, they wouldn't give such broad, generic, release windows.

A LOT of 2024 games don’t have confirmed release dates yet. Concord, Silent Hill 2, Metal Gear Solid Delta among others. In fact, I’m pretty sure most games announced for H2 2024 don’t have a release date confirmed.

Zero indications of any ‘mismanagement’ at these studios and the Pandemic related delays are long behind us. This just feels like contrived BS.

Avowed was the only game that looked a bit undercooked and it has a Fall 2024 release window. That can easily stretch into winter if they need it to.

after "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" flopped I cannot believe they are revisiting this franchise in any form. for gods sake just let it die :(
Some of you guys have to stop using this argument. The public separates the video games from the movies on multiple occasions. Star Wars, Marvel, HP, etc. so why can't you?

Robb

Gold Member
If I had to pick one it’d probably be Indiana Jones. I think all three will release though.

magnumpy

Avowed was the only game that looked a bit undercooked and it has a Fall 2024 release window. That can easily stretch into winter if they need it to.

Some of you guys have to stop using this argument. The public separates the video games from the movies on multiple occasions. Star Wars, Marvel, HP, etc. so why can't you?

I could be wrong, but i just feel that the entire series is played out. just playing an Indiana Jones anything seems like a blast from the past. btw, Harrison Ford (the original Indiana Jones) is 81 years old. good on him for still being alive, but for gods sake the man was born in 1942!

ManaByte

I think Avowed drops this year. I think Indy has a chance of slipping, but still drops this year.

How does a game originally slated for release in 2022 and dated for 2024 slip to 2025? It's been done for a while, we found out all this in the ABK court docs.

ManaByte

I could be wrong, but i just feel that the entire series is played out. just playing an Indiana Jones anything seems like a blast from the past. btw, Harrison Ford (the original Indiana Jones) is 81 years old. good on him for still being alive, but for gods sake the man was born in 1942!
n8zu0l60pc4c1.jpg

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Avowed will likely be delayed by a few months and will slip into early 2025.

Indiana Jones' trailer showed a lot, but they don't have a firm release date - unlike Avowed and Hellblade 2. That doesn't inspire confidence. I'm 50/50 on that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Avowed will likely be delayed by a few months and will slip into early 2025.

Indiana Jones' trailer showed a lot, but they don't have a firm release date - unlike Avowed and Hellblade 2. That doesn't inspire confidence. I'm 50/50 on that.

They didn't put a release date on everything last year either, all of that was the same calendar year.

I don't think any of the games they showed skip this year, outside of some extreme last minute circumstances.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
They didn't put a release date on everything last year either, all of that was the same calendar year.

I don't think any of the games they showed skip this year, outside of some extreme last minute circumstances.
That's true, but the three 2023 games (Starfield, Forza, Redfall) had already been delayed by a year or so, so they were more likely to hit their new dates.

Nowadays, it is more often than not that games get delayed at least by 3-4 months after their 1st release date is announced.

Top Bottom