• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 2024 Showcase Predictions.

Well, the 2023 showcase is over and it is interesting to see what will their 2024 one will be looking like. Did they shoot all their bullets this year? Can it top this year's?
My probable prediction for what will be shown looks like.
- Contraband
- Perfect Dark
- State of Decay 3
- Gears 6
- Indiana Jones
- Double Fine New IP
- The Outer Worlds 2
- New Id game. Maybe Quake?
- Zenimax Online New IP
- New Roundhouse IP
- Project Shaolin

So if the 2024 showcase included all of that, which there is a pretty good chance it could, I think it blows the 2023 one away.

Barakov

Well, the 2023 showcase is over and it is interesting to see what will their 2024 one will be looking like. Did they shoot all their bullets this year? Can it top this year's?
- Contraband
- Perfect Dark
- State of Decay 3
- Gears 6
- Indiana Jones
- Double Fine New IP
- The Outer Worlds 2
- Zenimax Online New IP
- New Roundhouse IP
- Project Shaolin

So if the 2024 showcase included all of that, which there is a pretty good chance it could, I think it blows the 2023 one away.
How about.....we enjoy the rest of 2023/early 2024 first?

Perfect Dark
Everwild
Contraband
Indiana Jones
Project Mara
State of Decay 3
New Coalition game
Game with Hideo Kojima (which many people seem to have forgotten about)
And possibly Killer Instinct 2

On paper, this looks very likely (minus Killer Instinct 2), as all these games have been announced already except for The Coalition's new game.

We may also get some deeper gameplay for Clockwork Revolution and South of Midnight, and if Hellblade is releasing in the latter half of the year, then we'll get a deeper look at Hellblade 2, as well. So yeah, on paper 2024 might even be a better showcase than this year's.

Hellblade 2. Where she walks somewhere else.…
To the grocery, but with drama on her face.

I can hear the voices already...

"Pick up a melon... Pick it up Senua!"

"Don't do it...they're poisoned."

"You forgot to get milk...you stupid girl. Your bones will get weak...and fall apart."

"Why'd you forget the milk? You forget everything! What's your name?"

"You don't need milk. Don't listen to them; you're lactose intolerant. They're trying to kill you!"

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
To the grocery, but with drama on her face.

I can hear the voices already...

"Pick up a melon... Pick it up Senua!"

"Don't do it...they're poisoned."

"You forgot to get milk...you stupid girl. Your bones will get weak...and fall apart."

"Why'd you forget the milk? You forget everything! What's your name?"

"You don't need milk. Don't listen to them; you're lactose intolerant. They're trying to kill you!"
She’s literally Gollum. Think about it.

EruditeHobo

I want Indiana Jones gameplay ASAP. If that means next year, so be it. And they need to show proper Fable gameplay before/at that point as well. Big deep dive into that game before fall release would be great. Those are my personal most anticipated MS games.

Any other surprises would be welcome -- Contraband looking cool, Perfect Dark looking cool, Gears announced/shown off... all that would be great too! But obviously the more gameplay-focused these things are, the more interested I will be. I don't usually give much of a shit about CGI trailers, generally.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Starfield Game Of The Year Edition
GloriousMeaslyGossamerwingedbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

Godot25

Banned
- Contraband
- Perfect Dark
- State of Decay 3
- Gears 6
- Indiana Jones
- Double Fine New IP
- The Outer Worlds 2
- Zenimax Online New IP
- New Roundhouse IP
- Project Shaolin

Booty hinted that we will see Perfect Dark and State of Decay 3 in next 18 months, so I guess we can count on those two games.
I also guess that Hellblade 2, Towerborne and Avowed will be already out in june 2024, so the won't be there.

So, I would say
Contraband
Perfect Dark
State of Decay 3
Gears 6
new id Software game
new ZOS game
Everwild
Indiana Jones

repeat of Clockwork Revolution
Fable Direct at the end

Also, I suspect that Microsoft will have Perfect Dark at TGA this year and Developer Direct for start of next year with deep dives for Towerborne, Avowed, Hellblade 2 and MFS 2024

South of Midnight will be absent

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
- Contraband
- Perfect Dark
- State of Decay 3
- Gears 6
- Indiana Jones
- Double Fine New IP
- The Outer Worlds 2
- Zenimax Online New IP
- New Roundhouse IP
- Project Shaolin

I think you're leaning waaaaaayyyy too heavily on them announcing a ton of new games and/or showing first reveals of games.

While I'm sure we'll see a few of the games you mentioned, it'll primarily be updates on Fable, Clockwork Revolution, South of Midnight, maybe a Starfield expansion, firm release dates on Avowed/Hellblade II, etc.. etc..

Don't forget we also have The Game Awards and likely a Developer's Direct or two before next years E3, so I'd imagine we'll see a game or two on your list at one of those events as well.

I'd be surprised if Gears 6 isn't revealed at this year's TGA's and released fall, next year. It would be 4 years this fall without a Gears sequel (not counting UE), the longest the series has ever gotten.

So, that leaves us:

1. Perfect Dark Reboot (2025)

2. Forza Horizon 6 gameplay trailer + release date (Fall 2024)

3. Indiana Jones (2025)

4. Starfield 1ST expansion (2024)

5. Fable gameplay + release date (Q1 2025)

6. Everwild gameplay trailer + release date (2024)

7. Clockwork Revolution gameplay trailer + release window (Q3 2025)

Rest is third party, with gamepass deals, just like this year. Kojima cloud game, IOI Dragon RPG, Project Shaolin etc. are all way off and mostly 2026.

It seems most AAA games take 4 to 5 years to develop so at least these:

Doom Eternal was released in 2020 -> Next Id game in 2024/2025? Quake?
Gears 5 was released in 2019, Hivebusters DLC in 2020 -> Gears 6 in 2024/2025?
Wolfenstein Youngblood was released in 2019 -> Wolfenstein 3 in 2024?

Godot25

Banned
It seems most AAA games take 4 to 5 years to develop so at least these:

Doom Eternal was released in 2020 -> Next Id game in 2024/2025? Quake?
Gears 5 was released in 2019, Hivebusters DLC in 2020 -> Gears 6 in 2024/2025?
Wolfenstein Youngblood was released in 2019 -> Wolfenstein 3 in 2024?
MachineGames is not making Wolfenstein 3. But they are making second game alongside Indy

Godot25

Banned
We have Pete Hines's statement from 2018 vs. statement from former MachineGame dev who worked there until 2021...

Look. I reaaaaaly hope that MachineGames is making Wolfenstein 3. I really do. But I'm loosing hope. And if the won't have anything at QuakeCon, I really doubt that Wolfenstein 3 does exist. It's just been too long. 4 years to even reveal sequel for established studio.

Last edited:
Top Bottom