• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Conan (PC MMO) - Launch Thread

Danj

Masta_Killah said:
Also for everyone wondering about the Buddy Passes:
The buddy keys that come with every edition of the game ( one with the normal version and five with the collectors edition ) will be provided through the accounting tool once the first wave of paying customers has settled on the servers.

What does that even mean, though? Does it mean this weekend? Next month? Or what?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Danj said:
What does that even mean, though? Does it mean this weekend? Next month? Or what?
It means they are doing the right thing and at least focusing on fixing the issues of current paying customers before promoting the game more.

Danj

godhandiscen said:
It means they are doing the right thing and at least focusing on fixing the issues of current paying customers before promoting the game more.

I guess. But it sucks for people like me who've been burned by MMOs before and won't jump in without trying it first.

Also, if I (eventually) get a buddy pass, and like the game, is there a way to just buy a retail key (or pay Funcom the equivalent amount or something) online?

Proc

It's amazing how something so little as adding combos and directional attacks goes to make the combat a lot more fun. I'm loving this game; the single player campaign has been more epic than I thought it would be. I was also surprised to find that all of the npcs are fully voiced. Very impressed so far.

Chris_C

Vinci said:

[to self] do NOT go out and upgrade your computer do NOT go out and upgrade your computer do NOT go out and upgrade your computer ....

Already resigned myself to doing that, though it'll be three months from now.

Totalriot

Proc said:
It's amazing how something so little as adding combos and directional attacks goes to make the combat a lot more fun.

Well, I am not yet quite sure. In other MMOs there was much more dynamic in the battles, espicially in PVP. People were circling each other, rooting, running. I must admit, I am not that deep into PVP right now but what I've seen people just stand there and push the 1,2,3-Buttons.

Totalriot said:
Well, I am not yet quite sure. In other MMOs there was much more dynamic in the battles, espicially in PVP. People were circling each other, rooting, running. I must admit, I am not that deep into PVP right now but what I've seen people just stand there and push the 1,2,3-Buttons.

Kiting is the worst thing about PVP combat in MMO's. If thats gone, thats a huge step forward.

iamblades

Just hit 40 and got on my rhino, and DAMN is this thing slow. hehe.

SO badass though. Here me and my rhino are trying to sink the boat:

2e2gzye.jpg

WTB more customizable hotbars plz:

2urxzma.jpg

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Proc said:
It's amazing how something so little as adding combos and directional attacks goes to make the combat a lot more fun. I'm loving this game; the single player campaign has been more epic than I thought it would be. I was also surprised to find that all of the npcs are fully voiced. Very impressed so far.

is it me or can you not auto lockon or auro turn during combat? Im always swinging at the bushes.. Kinda annoying.

Also Im not digging the quest screens likes like they are out of place but I need to give it more time..

Druz

Totalriot said:

It's day one and people are idiots... i'll get better

LaneDS

I know Buddy Passes are starting at some unknown time in the future, but is there a place to download the client ahead of time? Two of my friends (who live far away) picked up the game, and I'd like to be ready to join them once Buddy Passes go live.

TwIsTeD

Danj said:
I guess. But it sucks for people like me who've been burned by MMOs before and won't jump in without trying it first.

Also, if I (eventually) get a buddy pass, and like the game, is there a way to just buy a retail key (or pay Funcom the equivalent amount or something) online?

EVERYONE has been burned at some point by mmorpgs, thats just how it works and i purchased the collectors edition of this game without playing the beta and i am highly impressed ( just go and trust your fellow gaf members :D ) just make sure you have a decent setup

VaLiancY

fizzelopeguss said:
Too many female character pics here, where all the dark maned, sullen eyed warriors with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth?

You shut your mouth! >:| Let people post their female avatars with giant melons and skimpy clothing. You're ruining it for the people who look at orcs and cows all day. :lol

VaLiancY said:
You shut your mouth! >:| Let people post their female avatars with giant melons and skimpy clothing. You're ruining for people who look at Orcs and cows all day. :lol

As a former Tauren player I approve of this message.

Atrophis

Iamblades: whats your /played time to get to 40? Funcom said it would take 250 hours to reach 80, people seem to be levelling a lot quicker than that though.

Oh and have you tried mounted combat yet aswell?

Kyoufu

I'll ask this again since people have their Collector's Editions now. Do you get the free mammoth mount along with the EXP ring and drinking cape or is the mount exclusive to the standard edition?

nataku

You got the mount with a preorder at Gamestop. I don't think it comes with any edition of the game if you go and buy it after release.

garath

Anyone else having issues getting to the official forums? I have a registered account, logged in for a short time last night just to make sure, but still no official forums access. I tried hitting the "change forum information" button on the account page via Funcom but that doesn't seem to have helped either. If it's widespread that's one thing. If it's just me I guess I'll be sending an email.

nataku

Yeah, I've been getting this message since I entered my retail key yesterday:

Veplerion, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
1. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Chaging my forum login/password in the account management doesn't do anything for me, either.

johnnyg87

Neo Member
i know this isn't the best place for this, but I ended up with 2 copies of the CE.. if anyone in NA wants a copy pm me and we can work out a price.. itll be less than the 200 dollars lol.

can't wait to get playing this gameee

garath

nataku said:
Yeah, I've been getting this message since I entered my retail key yesterday:

Chaging my forum login/password in the account management doesn't do anything for me, either.

Mine message is a little different as I never registered for the official forums in the first place but it sounds like the same problem. The fact that we have an active retail account has not yet translated to the forums. I imagine they have their hands full with the game and that's a low priority but it still sucks.

schild

Anasui Kishibe said:
so, what's the monthly fee? I can't seem to find any info anywhere..

$14.99.

thanks, are there six month- three month deals as well?

Yes. I can't be arsed to look it up since you can't be arsed to just buy the game and do it yourself. Apologies.

I must say Funcom sorted out 90% of the Technical Issues from the beta client. Then I used to crash every 5 minutes, only had one crash in 14 levels here.

Playing the Barbarian and loving it. I really like the combat animations in this game.

Will post some screens when I get home from work today.

LowParry

That's my Necro as of yesterday. He's a few more levels higher but...yeah. Haha! I'll post some more up later of him and my barbarian chick who's quite awesome.

Necromance_picture000.png

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
CcrooK said:
That's my Necro as of yesterday. He's a few more levels higher but...yeah. Haha! I'll post some more up later of him and my barbarian chick who's quite awesome.

Awesome! I hit 20 last night, and got out of Tortage finally. Khemi is pretty awesome, and the corruptor pet is nice. I finally got the game tweaked to where it runs good enough and still maintains great graphics. Shadows really kill your framerate but I just can't turn 'em off, the game looks so good with them. I turned down grass and npc draw distance and that seems to help a lot. I have everything else cranked, 1680x1050, 16QxAA, 16xAF:

Khemi:
2nqvfiw.jpg

I tried to make my guy look as mean as possible:
2em0nxh.jpg

Everyone needs to go do the Black Ones quest on White Sands Isle, the texture work and just overall feel of the place is amazing:
259etcp.jpg

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
That's a mean looking necro, quite a departure from all of the hot girls running around. I cannot for the life of me settle on a class. I see that the necros and barbarians are popular here and those are two I haven't tried yet. I'm pretty tired of killing that fat slavemaster.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Guileless said:
That's a mean looking necro, quite a departure from all of the hot girls running around. I cannot for the life of me settle on a class. I see that the necros and barbarians are popular here and those are two I haven't tried yet. I'm pretty tired of killing that fat slavemaster.

The thing to remember with Necros is that they die easily and often during certain times while leveling up. You'll reach these plateaus, so to speak, where things will off ya easier than usual, and then the next level you'll be tearing them up. From reading on the boards this continues for some time. I think they need some tweaking to make the progression more smooth.

Having said that, I love mine, and even if I died like 6 times during level 18, I didn't mind. I haven't tried any other classes except for Dark Templar during beta. I liked it well enough as well, kinda like the old EQ1 Shadowknight in a sense. I have to keep myself from reading too much about other classes because I have been known to get bad cases of Alt-itis in previous MMOs. I swore that with AoC I'd pick one and stick with it.

garath

Guileless said:

I can't decide on a class either. I'm pretty sure I'll go tank if I start on a PvE server. But I'm leaning toward PvP and I just have no idea what I'll want for that.

Kyoufu

garath said:
I can't decide on a class either. I'm pretty sure I'll go tank if I start on a PvE server. But I'm leaning toward PvP and I just have no idea what I'll want for that.

I'm leaning heavily towards Demonologist for PVP. Nuking shit never fails in MMOs.

jestro

Banned
Ok I'm an MP in Anarchy Online and I wasn't sure if I should be a Necro in Conan but those pics just sold it for me. <3 pets.

Top Bottom