• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of the Triad: My wife's friend wants to enter our marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I'm posting this, just because its insane. I'm not sure I want any advice or anything... It just seemed thread worthy. We won't be going through with it.

My wife has had a friend since kindergarten. They are best friends. I get along with said friend swimingly.

About 2 years ago, this friend seperated from her husband. A year after this, the friend filed for divorce.
This whole time she has been dating without a lot of luck.
In this time, we have become pretty good friends ourselves. I've had a few text/facebook conversations about her relationships and have given her advice on men (which she never takes) in addition to sending links to funny viral videos or whatever.
These conversations are not secret from my wife and I never say anything that I wouldn't in my wife's presence (this is a great rule of thumb for any marriage btw) and they are pretty PG.

However, within these conversations she often has said, "Thanks, I love you. *My Wife* is so lucky" or "I wish I could just find a guy like you."
I have always taken these as friendly little compliments. My wife and I often joke about her being in love with me (I always recount said conversations to her) and yadda yadda.

Last time several times that she has visited us, she has mentioned that she thinks we should buy a house together. She has it all figured out math-wise and I'll admit its been tempting considering the fact we are tired of renting and she has money.

So anyway, with different variations this has been going on for about two years. Saying she loves me, wanting to live with us, calling my wife almost daily visiting us with each vacation she gets. ITs fine. She is a cool chick. Its always seemd hypothetical/joking

The other night though, my wife called me and recounted this conversation (basically):
Friend: I'm dating a new guy. He seems okay. I don't love him like *Staccat0* but he'll work for now
My Wife: Too bad *Staccat0* is already married.
Friend: ... Its too bad we aren't mormon or whatever. How do you feel about that stuff anyway?
My Wife: What stuff?
Friend: "Polygamy" (she used this word. This much is accurate to the letter)
My Wife: I'm fine with it. I don't really care. (Meaning for other people)
Friend: We should do that
My Wife: Seriously?
Friend: Yeah! No, Seriously! (wife laughed at first) Think of how awesome it would be. The house would always be clean, we'd never be bored, we'd have a really nice place and less money to worry about. (blah blah, something like that)
My Wife: Uhh... Too bad you'd have to have sex with my husband. That parts a little tricky yeah?
Friend: I bet he'd b happy with it though.
My wife: (amused but also angry)Do you want to fuck *staccat0*? (I remember this part better because it involves the shit I care about.)
Friend: Ummm... Yeah, I would. Yeah. I'd fuck him. Why not? If you were cool with it. I think it sounds fun. Think about it, when you aren't in the mood you could send him to me. He'd have it made. He'd still love you. He'd just have some variety.
My wife: Wow... you've put a lot of thought into this!
Friend: I guess so. Its really not that weird. We're all pretty close anyway. We wouldn't be married. You guys could dump me later.
My wife: Are you being serious?
Friend: Just think about it. I'm just throwing it out there. You know how jealous I am of you guys. I'm tired of looking for what you guys already have.
My wife: We've been friends since we were in Kindergarten. It would be weird.
Friend: Only if we ever had a threeway or whatever, which would probably happen eventually. I've been thinking about it and I think I'm okay with that. Would that freak you out?
My Wife: yes

Anyway, thats the gist of the conversation. Its not word for word, but I trust my wife on the general details and main points.
My wife is handling it rather oddly. She told me about it and wasn't sure what to think. She said it sounded like she was serious and has suspected it for a while, but thinks she maybe HAS TO HAVE misunderstood. My wife also wonders if maybe its some long con or huge joke and doesn't want to be a bitch to her friend.
She just can't accept it and doesn't really want to talk about it anymore.

She asked me how I felt.
My wife: Would you sleep with *my friend*?
Me: If you were into it? Sure, she makes a strong case
Wife: Thats fucked up! You are such a pervert! (laughing)
Then I told her I could never be involved in something like that and blah blah

So anyway, I don't think I would ever really do it. It would risk ruining my marriage, which is pretty running pretty fucking good so far. However, its fun to think about and in a perfect world, I'd be down.
My wife is avoiding her friend's calls now, because she doesn't know how to handle things from here.

Pros:
-This is the only friend of my wife's who I like and I get along with her great. Even for extended visits.
- She is a "clean freak" and functions largely as a maid when she is around.
- She is tall. I've never slept with a tall girl.
- She has pretty eyes.
- Potential 3 way, made dirtier by the ancient friendship and my wife's strap on fantasy.:lol

Cons:
-Could ruin my wife's only long lasting friendship if we "break up"
- She has fake boobs. He ex bought them for her. My wife has big natural bewbs. I've always been partial to small ones :(
- She has a lot of pets and so do we. I don't want to lose any of mine and I don't want to live in a zoo.
- She has bad taste in pop culture
- My wife would be awful in a threeway considering she hates "spit"
- Who gets the house when we divorce?
- We want kids within the next 4 years
- "Clean Freak" led to her last divorce. I'm clean, but not a freak.

Cons have it.

Anyway GAF, have fun with me.
In another universe I'm enjoying a tandem BJ. Instead, I'm stuck jerking it to her facebook and imagined threeways.
Its too bad my wife and I don't drink or I could maybe work the angles a little better. :/

In before: TL;DR, FHUTA, LOL WAT?.jpg, "Pics or it didn't happen" and COOL STORY BRO.jpg
Try harder

EDIT: Just to be clear. This is not a girl age thread. It has never even crossed my mind to actually go through with it. Even if I DID want a second wife, its not even my decision really. Its just fun/funny to think about and makes for an entertaining thread.

CornetteFace.jpg

One day early for April Fools?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
this is completely outrageous.

though i will add : two people blowing you is fucking awesome.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
yankeeforever2 said:
And you are not having a threesome because?
1. It would probably ruin my marriage
2. The conversation was less about a threeway and more about multiple wives. They are not mutually exclusive, but she said she was up for it (although it seems like it was maybe an afterthought)

It sort of makes me sad. I imagine she is pretty lonely.
SpacLock said:
Does she look better than your wife?
Not really. They each have pros and cons. She is different from my wife in looks but not better looking really. That said, after being with the same person for 7 years different is pretty hot.

Also, I'm down for jokes at my expense and general goofyness, but I'd really hate for anyone to say anything offensive about my wife. I know I run the risk with a thread like this, but I'd appreciate if people thought twice before posting things about her. Not directed @ SpacLock. Just a general plea

Staccat0 said:
Precisely. :p

Seriously, though, it's a very thorny issue, man. Imagine if she decides to further progress with this stuff even if you don't agree. Someone is bound to get hurt unless things are cleared up.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
this thread proves that men do, indeed, think with their dicks.

you've hilariously listed out pros and cons for a POLYGAMIST MARRIAGE on the off chance you'll get a double BJ, with the downside of you potentially ending up with a house full of animals, an OCD live-in maidslashwife with fake boobs and a divorce-related nightmare.

best thread ever :D

Incitemaybe said:
There should be more 3 way relationships or group relationships in general.
A lot of people has trouble nurturing and maintaining a relationship with one person. Imagine multiple ones.

If you don't go through with this you will be in a miserable marriage forty years from now wishing you had. You may say, "I'd rather be in a miserable marriage than none at all", but I can assure you that the naivety of your youth is speaking. When you reach the point that your wife bugs the shit out of you over trivial things like beginning to cut the steak before pinning it down with a fork, you will wish you had.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
julls said:
this thread proves that men do, indeed, think with their dicks.

you've hilariously listed out pros and cons for a POLYGAMIST MARRIAGE on the off chance you'll get a double BJ, with the downside of you potentially ending up with a house full of animals, an OCD live-in maidslashwife with fake boobs and a divorce-related nightmare.

best thread ever :D
thisisneogafdude.jpg :D

~Kinggi~

Banned
It would never end well. You would have to be brainwashed from birth to be able to sustain some type of 3-way relationship and not eventually have it lead to a brutal end.

CENOBITE

Staccat0 said:

CONS:
- She has fake boobs. Her ex bought them for her. My wife has big natural bewbs. I've always been partial to small ones :(

Wait... No no no nononooonnoonononooooo

my brain just can't handle that this is a con

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Peronthious said:
675245-145672_137259_massimo_carnevale_super_super.jpg

Only picture of Carol from The Walking Dead that I could find
MY WIFE HAS BEEN CALLING HER THIS (btw, she turned me on to walking dead and its pretty sweet):D
OrangeGrayBlue said:
If you don't go through with this you will be in a miserable marriage forty years from now wishing you had. You may say, "I'd rather be in a miserable marriage than none at all", but I can assure you that the naivety of your youth is speaking. When you reach the point that your wife bugs the shit out of you over trivial things like beginning to cut the steak before pinning it down with a fork, you will wish you had.
STFU.
My wife and I are tighter than ever. 7 years strong roomates even longer. Married my friend with no regrets.
No fleeting pussy is worth that son.
Replicant said:
Come on, Stud, post your pic here.
Um why? I'm really pretty average. Its not my looks beleive me. :/

OP, don't do it. Don't even open up the door. Your marriage WILL be effected and very possibly in a negative way. Its fun to think about and fantasize like you said but I would stay far away from even being open to the idea.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Does your wife read this forum?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This sounds dumb as shit. Have a threesome with someone else, if at all.

- My wife would be awful in a threeway considering she hates "spit"
WTF?

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
mattiewheels said:
Does your wife read this forum?
I've talked about this a couple times...
Yeah, sometimes she lurks. She used to like that fucking "funny pics thread"
My wife is really funny and not offended about the thread if thats what you are getting at.
I'd like to let her read it when she is awake and would be pretty happy if no one says anything shitty about her like in the last thread I made about her.
vatstep said:
This sounds dumb as shit. Have a threesome with someone else, if at all.
What the fuck are you even talking about?:lol
CENOBITE said:
Wait... No no no nononooonnoonononooooo

my brain just can't handle that this is a con
Dude, I've NEVER liked big tits. I was cursed to fall in love with a girl rocking some Ds. I've grown to love them, but fake big titties do not entice me into disaster.

wow, you have a place in life that many men wonder about having. I don't know how I'd handle this situation. You could have a crazy ass sex life. I mean crazy. Then again, for me, I'm good with just one woman. I'm perfectly satisfied with what I have now, but it's tempting. It would at least make you wonder. Personally, I'd feel wrong having sex with someone other than my girlfriend, so I probably wouldn't do it, but if i were single, I'd probably do it. Damn, two girls at once would be nuts.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Never turn down a threesome, unless it's with 1 or 2 people you wouldn't normally have sex with under normal circumstances.

It's a god damn MAN RULE and you must OBEY IT.

Staccat0 said:
In another universe I'm enjoying a tandem BJ. Instead, I'm stuck jerking it to her facebook and imagined threeways.
Its too bad my wife and I don't drink or I could maybe work the angles a little better. :/

Your wife will be cool with reading this?

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Never turn down a threesome, unless it's with 1 or 2 people you wouldn't normally have sex with under normal circumstances.

It's a god damn MAN RULE and you must OBEY IT.
But its not a threesome I'm turning down. Thats just bait
AqueousTransmission said:
Your wife will be cool with reading this?
I bring the lulz. I've made this joke before. Women aren't what GAF imagines. Some get jokes and shit.

entremet

Considering your wife has been friends with the lady since kindergarten I would not recommend it. Too much baggage if something goes wrong.

Dudes, read the OP, I know the promise of a threesome sounds enticing, but that's not all there is. She's talking about polygamy.

JDSN

Banned
If I were you id go for it without the need to make a thread that could potentially get me in trouble thanks to Internet detectives.

Hero

Don't do it man. The chance of it fucking up your marriage is 100%. But if you decide your wife isn't worth keeping in the long run then go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom