• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agent cancelled according to... Gamefly

So obviously take this with a grain of salt because, well... Gamefly, but they actually tend to update release dates fairly reliably, so I'm giving them some benefit of the doubt here

I'm on my phone so I can't provide an image, but I apparently missed an email on Thursday from them stating the following:

Dear *,

We have removed Agent (PS3) from your GameQ. There are two possible reasons for this removal:
1. For released titles, we no longer carry the game and do not know if or when we will acquire new copies.
2. For unreleased titles, the game has been cancelled by its publisher.
We apologize for any disappointment this may cause. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Thank you,

The GameFly Team

Couldn't find any other thread about this. Insert old joke here if applicable

Eolz

The Last Guardian is next.
Hold on to your preorders, it worked for Duke Nukem Forever

jakncoke

Banned
Announced in 2007 exclusively for PS3, little was heard about the game after 2009 and it was thought to have been cancelled,[5] although Take-Two confirmed in May 2011 that Agent was still in development.[6] In July 2013, Take-Two Interactive registered two trademarks for the game.[5]

I mean is it really surprising, after 7 years.

Vidpixel

This is the most shockingly surprising news in the history of our galaxy.

I'll hold out for a confirmation of this.

Orca

It's not dead, it's just....resting. Yeah, that's it!

I don't know how anyone can really care about it. It's not like we knew a damn thing about the game.

Quotient

I thought the Agent exclusivity deal with rockstar was compensation for Sony's initial investment in LA noire and transfer of publishing rights to Rockstar . So if Agent is dead, is Sony getting something else, or have they just forgiven the debt?

Hip Hop

I actually wouldn't want this if it's giving Rockstar North time off another GTA game.

I thought the Agent exclusivity deal with rockstar was compensation for Sony's initial investment in LA noire and transfer of publishing rights to Rockstar . So if Agent is dead, is Sony getting something else, or have they just forgiven the debt?

Maybe the exclusive GTA V stuff (bundles) was compensation for it? who knows.

Valnen

I'm not willing to bet anything but at this point I think GTA 6 and FFXV will be out before Agent.

Prove me wrong Rockstar!

Agent-leak.jpg

These are the only screens for this game ever. I think.

Wasn't there a car in GTAV that was based on Agent?

aPvNg6Q_460sa.gif

Never cared for the game except for when it was announced. This is even worse than TLG, with TLG we have been getting constant news about how it is still not ready to be shown as well as some screens and that 2009 trailer but with this, nobody even knows shit about lol not even Sony.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Good, now they can focus more on the new Red Dead game.

SJRB

Gold Member
Agent-leak.jpg

These are the only screens for this game ever. I think.

Wasn't there a car in GTAV that was based on Agent?

Not really, no. There's a James Bond-style car with James Bond-style gadgets during a James Bond-style mission running an "agent" licence plate.

Top Bottom