• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aguas De Marco rocks (SeaLab related).

Status
Not open for further replies.
The song that debbie and Marco sing. I sing it whenever the commercial comes on. Bossa Nova rocks so hard, you gotta love that stuff.

Yeah, I was just informed that there was a Cibo Matto version and now I'm frantically searching for it.

Edit: Just listened to the Cibo Matto cover. Wow, really, really nice. I also heard a version by a guy named Stan Getz which is also really smooth.

hobbitx

I love that Sealab promo, when I first heard it I thought that really was Marco singing. It was even cooler when they actually made that duet part of an episode. :lol

There's also an english cover by Art Garfunkel floating around out there, sounds awesome too.

GDGF

Soothsayer
retardboy said:
Yeah, it's good. I like the Cibo Matto version. Although the one on Sealab (Elis and Antonio) is a classic.

Yeah the Cibo Matto version is great. It's one of my favorite covers ever, actually. I was kind of proud of myself when I heard the first note or two on Sealab and new exactly what song they were about to sing :)

Mario_Hugo

Lisa Edelstein's dad touched my private parts. True fact.
The only version of Águas De Março worth having is the original Antonio Carlos Jobim version. Maybe the Getz version, though I confess I've never heard it. Written by one of the greatest musicians of last century. If you're interested in Bossanova:

Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto
Stan Getz/Charlie Byrd Parker
Joao Gilberto (the finest male voice that has ever sung, so far as I'm concerned)
Antonio Carlos Jobim (basically wrote 3/4 of all the famous bossa songs)
Caetano Veloso
Bebel Gilberto
Cibelle
Ellis Regina

That's a pretty good starter list...There is also an english version of Águas De Março on an album called "Jobim," though it's not really a good album otherwise.

FnordChan

My favorite cover of Aguas de Marco comes from Joao Gilberto's eponymous 1973 solo album:

B000008B01.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

This rendition is very sparse (Gilberto on guitar backed up by a blessedly restrained drummer) and is incredibly mellow. But, don't take my word for it - judge for yourself.

I'm also rather fond of the Getz/Gilberto collaboration with vocals by Heloisa Buarque deHollanda from The Best of Two Worlds:

B00000255D.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

FnordChan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom