• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akachan wa doko kara kuru no -- No English

aechris

So I went down to pick up Akadoko today. Sad to say for those of you hoping for it to import, but there is no English option included this time! Mine came with a soundtrack, so that was cool.

I'm up to stage 14 or 15 now. It's decent, but just more of the same. Good if you liked Feel the Magic, bad if you were looking for more than Feel the Magic.

There's multiplayer this time around. Looks like it's just single player minigames in a multiplayer setting though.

I sound like I'm coming down a little rough on it, but I don't think I mean to be. It's enjoyable enough for sure, just more of the same, yeah?

Super Princess Peach was sold out by the time I got there. :(((((((((((

dummypackage_l.jpg

Soul4ger

I must admit, I was a big proponent of FtM and I was looking forward to this, but more of the same? UGA did such a good job with such a short period of time the first time 'round, I thought more time would create more opportunities for more good stuffs. Ah, well.

Koomaster

I found Feel the Magic a bit frustrating - as if the devs didn't code the touchscreen functionality right, or didn't impliment it correctly at times. That fireplant monster - fuggetaboutit. Ugh.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I loved FtM. I mean really loved it. More of the same is a bit disappointing, but if it is entertaining I guess I really don't care.

Jonnyram

Yeah, I find it lacking in some way, even though it's quite varied compared to FtM.
Also, some of the minigames are extremely hard this time.

Only got a few freebies for Maniac mode from Sonic Team GBA carts. The ones that worked for me were:
Puyo Puyo Fever
Sonic Advance 2
one other I can't remember :(

Other Sonic Team games did nothing. Can't be bothered testing all other Sega games, but a couple of them didn't do anything.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I picked this game up yesterday along with Super Princess Peach (and Burnout Revenge on the PS2...I don't suppose by some chance the Japanese version has a different soundtrack?). Didn't get a soundtrack CD, which is a little surprising since every other game I've purchased at this shop has come with bonus items.

I got the strangest look when I said to the clerk "Akachan wa doko kara kuru no," but saying "o kaitan desu" after that made everything okay. :lol

Just played a little of the game so far, but yeah, it does seem to be more of the same. Super Princess Peach is great though. It's certainly not the most impressive title visually (especially compared to Akachan which oozes style), but it has that old school 2D Mario feel, so I'm loving it. Peach does not float like in SMB2 and attacks with an umbrella, which lets her pick up enemies and throw them, or just strike them. Good stuff. I have my DS with me at work today...might have to try getting in some stealth game play after all my classes are finished. >:)

Is there an online mode to this game? I heard there was, but I dont remember the source.

Edit: Oh god, gotta love that crazy soundtrack.

Lyte Edge

Bartman3010 said:
Is there an online mode to this game? I heard there was, but I dont remember the source.

I don't think it's actual online play like Mario Kart DS, just wireless mutliplayer.

cvxfreak

=(

If I knew there were an English option in the Japanese FTM, I'd have picked up a copy in Japan for like $15 brand new.

Lyte Edge

CVXFREAK said:
=(

If I knew there were an English option in the Japanese FTM, I'd have picked up a copy in Japan for like $15 brand new.

Yeah, I'm going to buy the original back next time I go to the game store, although do you really even need English in FTM anyway? :)

D

dicklaurent

Unconfirmed Member
Oho! Soundtrack. Awesome! Thanks a lot for that! Anyone got the soundtrack for the first game aswell? I got the title song from somewhere, maybe IGN (?), but only that one track.

edit: Ah, wait. I guess the track I already had is the last one in that one.

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Yeah, I find it lacking in some way, even though it's quite varied compared to FtM.
Also, some of the minigames are extremely hard this time.

I thought the original was already extremely hard :( Still never passed it.

I don't think some people knew that the Hard mode added stages 6-10 to most of the challenges (completely new layouts and often new elements), and just assumed they were done with the new content when they beat Normal, like most games. (Not saying that about anyone in this thread, specifically, just that the way I've heard a few people talking about the game.)

I beat almost everything, I literally only have to do a one-life run through Dance and I'll be done with it, I just haven't been motivated to do it.

Top Bottom