• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akame ga Kill! |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Chelsea but her eyebrows bother me.

Anyone else feels bad for those danger beasts? Those dino dudes were just chillin until Tatsumi and Leone came and decided to just fuck their lives up for no reason. Think of how many danger beast babies will grow up as orphans. Really uncalled for.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I like Chelsea but her eyebrows bother me.

Anyone else feels bad for those danger beasts? Those dino dudes were just chillin until Tatsumi and Leone came and decided to just fuck their lives up for no reason. Think of how many danger beast babies will grow up as orphans. Really uncalled for.

They're the mobs you use to grind XP. Nothing personal.

Probably means he's gonna die soon. too OP :p

Pretty much. I feel like Chelsea is next though. That bit about her last team dying is throwing up all sorts of death flags. Maybe shell do something heroic to save Night Raid and sacrifice herself. Ugh.

Whatever. Su needs to live~

blakep267

Yes. Those are some pretty basic character developments. She adds nothing to the story. She is interchangable. You could remove her a from the story right now and the plot would continue as the same. That's how you can tell if someone is relevant. She's just a badass assassin. That's her thing.

It doesn't matter what the author said. If she's irrelevant in the anime and manga based on the story being told she is irrelevant.

It does matter if feats can be performed by others. This is what makes them unique. This is what gives them character. Lubbock is a creepy womanizer. That's his thing. He is irrelevant too because the story isn't about them. We know nothing about these guys. We aren't given enough information to care about these characters. When
Sheele dies why are we supposed to care? She was a pointless character. Just another trope in the Band of Trope Assassins.
Every character besides Tatsumi and Najenda are irrelevant to the ACTUAL story of Akame Ga Kill! which is the Empire being corrupt. They need to expand more on this merry band of assassins and not have them be dogs of the Revolutionary Army. The story is handled poorly in this regard and makes them all basically irrelevant.

I have to agree. She's just a side member to Tatsumi's main character at this point. Just because she kills people doesn't mean she's relevant. I mean, Dr Stylish was gonna get killed no matter what. And she trained Tatsumi as much as any of the other characters

DrkSage

Just watched today's ep. And I must say I still like the final scene. its amazing how esdeses voice changes from a serious general to a sweet person lol.

Also I caught up with the manga around a week ago. I'm still kinda pissed about it >:l

DrkSage

"Tatsumi leveled up!... What's this? Tatsumi is evolving!... Tatsumi evolved into Vileplum!"

Man, Esdese really wants Tatsumi. if she gets her hands completely on him, she'll turn him inside out like a sock.

Next stop: Kill the Religious Organization

JulianImp

So wire guy will confess his love for Big Boss, Chelsea is hung up on Tatsumi and Big Boss just let us know Susanoo's special ability can only be used three times? I guess that means they're all as good as dead, and in that order.

I really hate the informed "I can only use this super ability N times before I die" setup, since it's obviously a chekov's gun waiting to be fired. I guess that means both Big Boss and Susanoo will be wearing plot armor until she's forced to use the ability a third and final time to save Tatsumi or something along those lines.
Hopefully I'm wrong about this, but no spoilers please.

Lum1n3s

So I got to admit I stopped watching Akame Ga Kill at episode 9 a while back because it started to bore me. Has the show been able to pick up on the actual plot and deliver now?

Corgi

Banned
meh. got more teary over grisaia eps this week than this lol. Too many death flags already to make it shocking.

so sad, stealth kill folks never get much love in shounen shows.

DrkSage

Not enough tears in this thread. You guys are monsters!

Man, watching Bors and Chelsea's death animated really hit me in the feels harder than the manga. In the manga it made me sad, but watchin Bors talk about getting back to his family while that sad background music plays really hit the feels hard, so did Chelseas death.

Corgi

Banned
wish they had a different excuse though. drugs that make me immortal is naruto level bullshit imo. There are hundreds of different ways to write a better reason that failed than just mcguffin drugs.

Kinda wish they would go back to killing asshole aristocrats. shounen fights is just kinda boring and predictable.

DrkSage

wish they had a different excuse though. drugs that make me immortal is naruto level bullshit imo. There are hundreds of different ways to write a better reason that failed than just mcguffin drugs.

Kinda wish they would go back to killing asshole aristocrats. shounen fights is just kinda boring and predictable.

To my understanding the Drugs make you stronger in a taking more damage kinda way. I think Kurome was just bluffing when she said they had to pulverize her heart or behead her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom