• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I'd bet a ton of money against it being an anagram. There's no way.

grim-tales

I really we cant wait til we find out the answer to the mystery in a couple of months time.
Wasnt Aksys founded in July 2006? So could it be something to do with a 10th anniversary?

I really we cant wait til we find out the answer to the mystery in a couple of months time.
Wasnt Aksys founded in July 2006? So could it be something to do with a 10th anniversary?

Actually, we have all been ignoring this in the source code of the website for a while now:

Code:
<meta name="keywords" content="Aksys Games,Aksys,Torrance,page,access,10th anniversary">

takoyaki

Actually, we have all been ignoring this in the source code of the website for a while now:

Code:
<meta name="keywords" content="Aksys Games,Aksys,Torrance,page,access,10th anniversary">

According to wikipedia
Aksys Games ... Founded: July 14, 2006, Torrance, California, United States

and this is on top of their main site

screenshot0027-05-16ag8b3u.png

Right now, they seem to be celebrating the upcoming 10th anniversary, here's a quote:

Hello, this is Akibo Shieh, Founder & CEO of Aksys Games.

It has been a very exciting ten years leading up to the ten year anniversary of Aksys Games.

We couldn&#8217;t have made it to such a milestone without the fervent and ardent support of our many fans in North America and across the globe. So thank you on behalf of myself and all the staff here at Aksys Games!

We&#8217;d also like to thank all of our amazing partners! With such outstanding titles like the BlazBlue series, Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, the Hakuoki series, Mind Zero, Muramasa Rebirth, and the Zero Escape series, along with many others, we&#8217;ve been able to grow and expand, publishing even more titles for our fans to enjoy.

We have a lot of exciting plans in the works during our tenth year and into the future, so please look forward to what we have in store! Here&#8217;s to another ten years and beyond!

&#8211; Akibo Shieh, Founder & CEO of Aksys Games Localization, Inc.

source

Maybe the announcement is part of a 10th anniversary celebration at AX? It would be in July as well. As far as I can tell, the anniversary isn't mentioned in the source code of any of the websites for their other recently announced/released games.

Shizuka

Every Aksys game released this year comes with that 10th anniversary logo. I think the announcement will be handled as part of the anniversary, but unfortunately it won't be out this year.

Shizuka

Well, as long as it is counterproof against this being just some sort of event, I'm OK with it.

Really though, why are we so sure this is a game? Can it not be an event?

An event with new games, sure. We're talking about a game publisher, after all.

takoyaki

Guys, it's just the same cycle repeating over and over again:

... -> something happens -> hype -> nothing happens for a few days -> doubt -> ...

look at all the stuff in the OP. take the length of the teaser and the lack of a denial into consideration. Remember the mods and other Gaffers in the first thread who said they knew what this was about? Do you really think the Aksys guys, Uchikoshi and Rising Star Games are just doing this to fuck with their most passionate fans?

Is this a teaser for a game or an event where game(s) get announced? Doesn't matter.

Are the words an anagram or not? Doesn't matter, since you need all words to solve it and we won't have all the words until shortly before the end of the teaser.

Is the second number in the counter counting weeks or Fridays. Doesn't matter.

Could this be teasing anything? Maybe, but ZE3 is still a pretty reasonable assumption.

Let's just stay patient for the next 7 weeks and forget about “solving the teaser” or “proving this is ZE3”. Someone checks twitter, FB, reddit, gamefaqs. Someone keeps an eye on the teaser site. I'll keep an eye on the Japanese stuff and a few other things. If something happens, post it in this thread. I will keep updating the OP until the goddamn counter reads 0000. That's a promise :)

If we prepare a chart of which word appeared on which date of the week, we might find something.

Unfortunately I am very busy right now, but I would really appreciate it somebody could prepare that list!

Edit:

(31/3) ring - fifth Tuesday
(9/4) coin - second Thursday
(13/4) ice cream - second Monday
(22/4) firefighter - fourth Wednesday
(30/4) shotgun - fifth Thursday
(4/5) Gab - first Monday
(13/5) 1/216 - second Wednesday

Edit 2: I predict that this week we will get a new word on Thursday, which is the 21st.

takoyaki

If we prepare a chart of which word appeared on which date of the week, we might find something.

Edit 2: I predict that this week we will get a new word on Thursday, which is the 21st.

Thanks for putting in the work, will add the days to the OP. I'm pretty short on time myself right now, but there's always time for another theory ;) What's your thinking behind Thursday?

Verified the connection with a second method (though they are deeply connected and therefore probably count as one) that the answer is the 21st.

Oh, I think I can see the pattern you mean now

RIiIo.jpg

(sorry it's a bit rushed and in portuguese =P)

Well, it seems the worms are out of the can.

Yes, this is the visualization of my reasoning (and the "2nd method" I mentioned above).

Spoilering in case you do want to solve it for yourself for whatever reason.

Look at the days of the week the words went online (in chronological order):

TUE-THU-MON-WED-THU-MON-WED

"THU-MON-WED" repeats.

The last word to appear -1/216 at the time of this writing- appeared on Wednesday, therefore, it is possible to predict that, providing this cycle continues, the next word appears on Thursday. Hence, the 21st.

takoyaki

This could work, guess we'll know for sure next Monday.

That first Tuesday has always been the sticking point when I looked for patterns, do you have an idea if that means something or would you say that day was an outlier because they had to adjust some things after we found the words? The whole thing about "salt" showing up first always struck me as odd.

This could work, guess we'll know for sure next Monday.

That first Tuesday has always been the sticking point when I looked for patterns, do you have an idea if that means something or would you say that day was an outlier because they had to adjust some things after we found the words? The whole thing about "salt" showing up first always struck me as odd.

There can be several explanations for that initial tuesday.

-An error with planning/formatting

-A red herring

-A legitimate part of the pattern that we have not seen yet (maybe the last word will go up on Tuesday too, for example)

The thing about this theory is that the cycle has already been completed twice and Tuesday has not repeated. Makes me think that the loop will go on with those three days.

takoyaki

There can be several explanations for that initial tuesday.

-An error with planning/formatting

-A red herring

-A legitimate part of the pattern that we have not seen yet (maybe the last word will go up on Tuesday too, for example)

The thing about this theory is that the cycle has already been completed twice and Tuesday has not repeated. Makes me think that the loop will go on with those three days.

Yeah, that would be my guess as well if Tuesday was intentional.

Thanks for "keeping up the good fight" Funyarinpa

Swamped

Banned
I think you're bang on Funyarinpa. I shall await tomorrow with baited breath. I hope it's another number, those ones are kinda fun to solve :)

takoyaki

It is going to be a tense three and a half hours

Yup, refreshing the site is keeping me distracted as well. It would be very strange if there's no update today, even without your theory:

-all words have appeared between Monday - Thursday
-a word has never appeared on Friday (counter change day) or the weekend
-a word has never appeared on the same day as the week before

=> it has to show up today

Yup, refreshing the site is keeping me distracted as well. It would be very strange if there's no update today, even without your theory:

-all words have appeared between Monday - Thursday
-a word has never appeared on Friday (counter change day) or the weekend
-a word has never appeared on the same day as the week before

=> it has to show up today

Actually it would be more interesting if no word showed up at all

Maybe we'll get images next, or something.

takoyaki

The latest time I can remember them putting up a word was around an hour from now. It's definitely not the same time every week.

edit1: I checked the dates on the Tweets which were always tweeted out a short while after a word was added. The latest time a word got added was AM 02:54 EEST (that's your timezone Funyarinpa, right?) which would be in around 4 and a half hours from now

edit2: all the timestamps from the tweets are now in the OP

13/05/15 AM 10:15 PDT
04/05/15 AM 11:01 PDT
30/04/15 AM 11:07 PDT
22/04/15 PM 04:54 PDT
13/04/15 PM 12:07 PDT
09/04/15 PM 01:40 PDT
31/03/15 PM 01:34 PDT

Skimming through my past comments about the words, which should have been within about 5-10 minutes of them going up, there's no consistency.

grim-tales

Also noticed another interesting tweet.
Someone asked RSG "Do you have any news regarding ZE3? I'm dying to read it" and they responded:
"Yes, no, maybe. I dont know. Can you repeat the question?"

Someone asked RSG "Do you have any news regarding ZE3? I'm dying to read it" and they responded:

Which is a quote from Boss of Me by They Might Be Giants. A clue? An attempt at being clever?
Who knows.

takoyaki

While this tweet doesn't really help, it's interesting to see how actively RSG has been promoting VLR on their twitter account recently (a game that came out in 2012).

They had a VLR art contest, giveaway, the cover art is on top of their twitter account and they respond to a tweet like this one.

Jintor

we need to analyse the lyrics until we can fit them into the theory.

alternatively, TMBG will destroy the world.

Strangely anticlimactic, but interesting in its own right. Will we be teased by something new now?

Somebody needs to check the source code to make sure more secret links were not placed

takoyaki

screenshot0027-05-22affuuu.png

It's a beautiful picture and probably unrelated, but man, did he have to use the word "ring"

Strangely anticlimactic, but interesting in its own right. Will we be teased by something new now?

Technically speaking, they have 3 hours left but even I don't think a word will show up. Maybe something really changed either this week or last week when they added numbers instead of a word.

remember you will die if the nineth lion ate the ring

Edit: He added a video version of that tweet, where the sun flickers through the leaves on 0:02, the video is four seconds long.

GSR

Guys. I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but guys. Let the man post the occasional nature photo in peace.

Swamped

Banned
So it looks like there were no words at all this week...interesting turn of events! Unless the reason is something innocuous like the person in charge of words took off early for memorial day weekend lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom