• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AL governor Bentley resigns, reaches plea deal of 100 hours community service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good god

"Mrs. B said that she took some pictures while celebrating the Gov’s birthday but had to allow the Gov to look at them before they were posted to make sure they did not offend RCM. Mrs. B made the comment that it was bad when you had to make sure you’re not upsetting the mistress."

WSFA said:
Conversation

Jenn Horton‏ @JennWSFA

Hearing Gov could be charged with 2 misdemeanor counts, no official resignation that we know of. It takes a felony to be removed from office
4:03 PM · Apr 10, 2017

If this asshole stays...

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Those texts read like two A.I.s trying to establish the protocols of human sexual interaction.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
C9FJr6yW0AEjnHz.jpg

If this asshole stays...

He had felony charges staring him down. The plea to Misdemeanor's imply his deal include resignation of office.

Wasn't sure if there was a topic on all of this, but lulz

A nice breakdown of all the hidden little gems from 3000 pages of evidence

I think my favorite bit, is where he didn't like using an ipad for speeches (rather have paper), so he gave his Ipad to his (now ex)wife. He doesn't even realize the Cloud pushes all text's to the accounts devices, so little love texts to the mistress on his iphone gets pushed to the Ipad his wife has. :lol

I swear there's someone high up at Apple whose sole purpose is to make it easy to catch infidelity. With every update there's something (location photos, frequent routes, Cloud push, face identify, etc.) that makes me think, "That's gotta suck for the cheaters!"

We had a democratic governor as recently as 2003.... Then he went to prison.
Having lived in Alabama for a while I can safely say that the majority of the republicans and democrats there deserve prison. So much money going into different pockets just playing for different teams while doing so. The whole state is an absolute mess.

Guy is a mirror image of my step grandfather that started sleeping with my grandmother's caretaker while she was dying of cancer. Seems like they are cut from the same rotten cloth.

Lonestar

Well, he's out of office.

But that's pretty much it.

At least he appears to no longer be "on the payroll"

Lonestar

• Resign immediately and leave public life.
  • Plead guilty to two campaign violations: converting campaign contributions for personal gain and failing to report campaign contributions.
  • Serve two years of probation.
  • Perform 100 hours of unpaid community service as a physician.
  • Repay the $8,912 his campaign spent on the legal fees of former aide Rebekah Mason, whose involvement with Bentley led to the charges against him.
  • Forfeit all the money in his campaign account, which is currently a little more than $25,000. The money will go into state coffers.

Full list of his deal

We had a democratic governor as recently as 2003.... Then he went to prison.

Wait, you live in Alabama too?

Tommy Tuberville might be running. But probably a republican.

A positive of him winning? He'll eventually end up in prison, too, and that would be nice.

No, let him run republican, because he would certainly lose.

You think those die-hard Crimson Tide fans would let a former AUBURN coach be THEIR governor? Republican or no?

War Eagle btw

• Plead guilty to two campaign violations: converting campaign contributions for personal gain and failing to report campaign contributions.
  • Repay the $8,912 his campaign spent on the legal fees of former aide Rebekah Mason, whose involvement with Bentley led to the charges against him.
  • Forfeit all the money in his campaign account, which is currently a little more than $25,000. The money will go into state coffers.

Full list of his deal

Well, better than nothing I guess. At least he's out of office.

Acorn

Full list of his deal
Other than the 100 hours(lol) all of this means fuck all to a 70 year old guy.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Dianne Bentley later filed for divorce. The report says her suspicions of an affair were confirmed when Bentley mistakenly sent his wife a text that read "I love you Rebekah" with a red-rose emoji.

LoL Whoooooa ... better slow down there Ethan Hunt. The secret spy game might not be for you.

Mathieran

Banned
He got off too easy. Where is the accountability? No jail time? No lawsuit to repay the state for damages?

Conservatives love to talk big about personal responsibility but it's all talk. They're the first to do whatever they can to avoid facing the consequences for their actions.

Mimosa97

I read somewhere that the mistress still lives with her husband who keeps defending her innocence and that the couple even traveled with Bentley to Trump's inauguration.

What the fuck is wrong with these people ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom