• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 | Review + Prediction Thread

What's the average score that Alan Wake 2 will get on Metacritic?

• 96 - 100

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • 91 - 95

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • 86 - 90

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • 81 - 85

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • 71 - 75

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • 66 - 70

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 65 or Below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I remember being super-invested in the original Alan Wake story, played through the DLCs as well. I don't remember any of it at this point, which leaves me strangely uninterested in the sequel, despite the original not even remotely concluding the storyline.
You can fucking bet that polygon and some other trash site is gonna write an article about that.

"Dichotomy of being a black police officer in a game named after a white man" or some shit.
Highly problematic, I will wait for a mod makes the FBI character a transwoman of color community organizer instead who rescues Alan from the hell-dimension or wherever the fuck he ended up and chides him to pay reparations in a thrilling and socially-just conclusion.

Alan Wake 2's performances are so good they are already nominees at the Golden Joysticks /s

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Jesus these game awards are so cringe.

SRTtoZ

Anyone know when we can preload from Epic Games? I got a copy for free with my Gigabyte Aero 4070 TI. Card is sick btw. Absolutely smokes my 3070 Ti but even better its dead silent unlike the 3070 ti Founders. Quiet, cool and matches my x570_S Aero mobo.

egocrata

Banned
It will score in the low 80s, maybe 82.

I don’t care at all, because Remedy makes the best badly reviewed games this side of Alpha Protocol. I adored Alan Wake and Quantum Break, workship Control, and will upgrade my PC just to play AW2 maxed out.

kikkis

I think must be pretty sweet for remedy devs to quit work today at 4 and see the reviews.

Last edited:
After one of the devs tweeted "runs surprisingly well on consoles" I'm now REALLY worried about console versions

Seriously. If it ran so well, when he decided to make that comment to assuage people's concerns last week, Remedy could've and should've just provided some actual console gameplay if what he's saying is true.

With the PC requirements being what they are and with the way devs behave when making these comments ..there's about to be a controversy when this releases. Expect either really inconsistent framerates, hitching (like Control had when it came out of xb1x and ps4 pro), and/or the resolution is going to be lower than we hope.

Mark my words

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
After one of the devs tweeted "runs surprisingly well on consoles" I'm now REALLY worried about console versions

Seriously. If it ran so well, when he decided to make that comment to assuage people's concerns last week, Remedy could've and should've just provided some actual console gameplay if what he's saying is true.

With the PC requirements being what they are and with the way devs behave when making these comments ..there's about to be a controversy when this releases. Expect either really inconsistent framerates, hitching (like Control had when it came out of xb1x and ps4 pro), and/or the resolution is going to be lower than we hope.

Mark my words
Devs treat console as budget pc. They don’t optimise specially for that hardware anymore

Fabieter

Devs treat console as budget pc. They don’t optimise specially for that hardware anymore

Its sad but it's true, games are still nice on consoles but they don't hit above their weight anymore. Devs would rather focus on pc because pc players don't accept bad performance ratio as much as console players.

Fabieter

So true. Console gamers have been hard done this gen between this and Sony/MS going multiplat. Esp painful to see Sony do this.

It feels like dev think they just need a serviceable experience on consoles than move on to further optimize pc because console gamers buy the game anyway. It was fucking sick what devs did with older hardware.

Hype levels are really high atm but still I think I'll wait for the first patches because there's bound to be some issues with the PS5 version.

Or maybe I'm just too pessimistic but nowadays games just are broken more or less in release.

My PS5 is pre loading the deluxe edition.

Last edited:
I'll be updating the OP as soon as enough reviews have been published on both Opencritic and Metacritc. In the meantime you guys can post the reviews as they start dropping.

kikkis

One thing that I have noticed, is that enemies take quite many bullets to take down, but you don't have that many to begin with.

j0hnnix

We will see how this goes. Dead Space Remake (finished original) will hold me off if the reviews and performance on console are not stellar for AW2.

Top Bottom