• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 to be revealed this year!?

It will be a quantum leap according to Remedy themselves.

A quantum leap compared to 2005 hardware...I'm not sure what I'm supposed to make out of that but I'm optimistic by nature.

Al and Ziggy confirmed addition to the dev team?
03x09-07-04.jpg

Elginer

I would so buy a next-box for Alan Wake 2 alone. This being a launch title would easily make it one of the biggest launches for me ever personally.

S1kkZ

i hope its a launch title, but since remedy is still looking for people i am no longer sure.
would they still need a lot of people this late in development?

Hindle

Banned
One idea they should do is make AW vulnerable this time, no author can use the weapons that he used or take down big monsters with ease.

I'd like more ways to get through each objective, making the gameplay a TPS doesn't really suit the type of game Remedy are trying to make IMO.

S1kkZ

One idea they should do is make AW vulnerable this time, no author can use the weapons that he used or take down big monsters with ease.

I'd like more ways to get through each objective, making the gameplay a TPS doesn't really suit the type of game Remedy are trying to make IMO.

play on hard, problem solved. and since he wrote the story, he is more than capable of defeating the monsters.

Right now I can only buy one of the next gen consoles at launch, and if Alan Wake 2 is on Durango as a launch title then Microsoft has my money.

derFeef

Is anyone Finnish here? I always wondered if it's weird seeing the guy that is in commercials on TV to be the main protagonaist (and antagonist) in a videogame.

iMax

Just did some digging on the EU Trademark site, as everyone seems to be doing nowadays ;)...

...and came across this.

Trade mark name: NORTHLIGHT
Trade mark No: 011430626
Trade mark basis: CTM
Date of receipt: 17/12/2012
Filing date: 17/12/2012

Owner
Name: Remedy Entertainment Oy​

Judging by the classification, it sounds like the name of their internal engine to me — but who knows... new IP?

You will have to wait until E3. I cant see MS announcing X720 in the next month or two. PS4 buzz is too high.

Considering the PS4 announcement is somewhat of a surprise timing wise.. you don't think MS might decide to announce at GDC to try to steal some of the Sony build up?

You will have to wait until E3. I cant see MS announcing X720 in the next month or two. PS4 buzz is too high.

I could see them announcing during their meeting before GDC. I don't think we will see an "announcement for an announcement" ad though. I think you will just see microsoft invite press and investors to that meeting, with a press and xboxlive live stream. I don't think they drop a hint a month in advance(around now) like Sony did. Who knows though.

I think we get more excited for the announcements than we do for the actual release of the console, like trailers before a movie.

Jonm1010

Banned
Considering the PS4 announcement is somewhat of a surprise timing wise.. you don't think MS might decide to announce at GDC to try to steal some of the Sony build up?
When is GDC?

And I agree they will do something before E3. Not sure GDC though.

For one Microsoft preferred a self promoted event for their reveal with the 360 and that worked out great for them. Don't see why they wouldn't go that route again. Why split coverage time with Nintendo, Sony and a hundred developers when you can create an event and have the stage all to yourself?

When is GDC?

And I agree they will do something before E3. Not sure GDC though.

For one Microsoft preferred a self promoted event for their reveal with the 360 and that worked out great for them. Don't see why they wouldn't go that route again. Why split coverage time with Nintendo, Sony and a hundred developers when you can create an event and have the stage all to yourself?

I believe GDC is March. Yup.. upon checking is March 25th through March 29th.

I want Alan dressed up in a suit when he comes back.

I don't know why, but it feels right. Simple black suit and tie. Ready to kick ass and take names.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'll wait for PC... I really don't want to buy into another Xbox if their priorities in recent years are indicative of where they're going with next-gen.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
How long is American Nightmare? Really wish I had played it. Hope it comes with any possible AW2

Top Bottom