• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 to be revealed this year!?

abadguy

Banned
Alan Wake 2 is definitely a day 1 purchase for me. The first was my favorite game of 2010. Still have yet to play American Nightmare.

Launch title for the next Xbox, please.

Very likely.

I am more excited for the idea of Alan Wake 2 than any other title. Considering the first game was basically a next gen title anyway that had to be stripped of several features to run properly I think we are finally going to see the vision Remedy has had all along for this franchise. Regardless of the differences in specs between the two consoles I also anticipate this to be the best looking game at the show or at least one of them.

Also for the love of all that is good and holy please MS commission more BRIGHT FALLS!

Very likely.

I am more excited for the idea of Alan Wake 2 than any other title. Considering the first game was basically a next gen title anyway that had to be stripped of several features to run properly I think we are finally going to see the vision Remedy has had all along for this franchise. Regardless of the differences in specs between the two consoles I also anticipate this to be the best looking game at the show or at least one of them.

Also for the love of all that is good and holy please MS commission more BRIGHT FALLS!

the atmosphere was so beautiful but the hardware couldn't fit there vision. I wonder how their new facial/animation technology is going to look next generation.

the atmosphere was so beautiful but the hardware couldn't fit there vision. I wonder how their new facial/animation technology is going to look next generation.

More than any game I would say it brought the 360 to its knees. Even with the sacrifices like you said the atmosphere was incredible.

black_13

Banned
Anything Remedy and I'm there. Alan Wake was my favorite horror game this gen.

I sorta wish some how, against all odds that they eventually do the final Max Payne game where Max dies just like the easter egg says in Alan Wake. Max Payne 3's story left it open so it could happen.

Here's hoping the game will let me save and quit after the credit roll on an episode this time.

I played Alan Wake one episode a week but there were one or two times I had to repeat the last segment of the previous episode since I quit before the next one started and created a new checkpoint.

Row

Banned
I hope Wake is just as much an unlikable douchebag as he was in the first, and that the environments still look amazing. The gameplay can be scrapped for something new, though. The story too, really.

mujun

To be really quite honest - none at all!

I truly do believe that the Alan Wake franchise would make a fantastic combatless adventure/horror/puzzle game!

I suppose so.

I'd like to see it stay close to AN but with improvements seeing as I found it very fun in that game.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
okay thanks, hell with it.. just downloaded American Nightmare last night.

(the wine I had beforehand didn't help the decision, ha).

Looking forward to it though.

Xyber

The combat was good in American Nightmare. But I would like less combat in AW2 than in the first. I want to do more exploring without having to kill something every other minute.

Eideka

Banned
Can we expect the game to be unveiled in April, in time for the next Xbox's announce ?

I assume it will be timed exclusive to the durango, I really hope it makes its way to PC eventually.

Biggzy

The combat was good in American Nightmare. But I would like less combat in AW2 than in the first. I want to do more exploring without having to kill something every other minute.

I want them to explore the use of light as a gameplay mechanic more, especially as the series is based on it.

Can we expect the game to be unveiled in April, in time for the next Xbox's announce ?

I assume it will be timed exclusive to the durango, I really hope it makes its way to PC eventually.

That or E3. And if Microsoft are producing this then I don't see why they wouldn't allow a PC port down the line considering the other two games made it on to the platform.

derFeef

My guess is unveil at E3, release next year April.

Pistolero

The first one was held back by some elements (the rigidity of the fighting sequences, minor graphical details...) but had a very good script, and a pretty unique atmosphere. With the power of Durango and thanks to the learning process of the team, the sequel could easily become the next-gen standard...

I'm dying for more 'Wake lately.

I just hope Remedy works on their facial animation. They always seem to be four years behind the ball with that.

sunnz

I can't see Remedy not trying their best to get it on the PC at launch too, considering how well it did on the PC.

If it is xbox exclusive, I HOPE MS treat it with the respect it deserves, proper marketing etc...

AW to me was one of those special games last (current) gen. It has problems, like all games but still had many positives aspects to it and was very enjoyable.

I personally think AW:AN was a step backwards ( too action style, not much of a thriller) so I hope they keep it more like AW 1.
I hope they keep the same as an hybrid of openworld/linear though ( all out open world would be awesome but can ruin part of the game)

Hope they add more driving, exploring and even daytime missions.

Biggzy

I'm dying for more 'Wake lately.

I just hope Remedy works on their facial animation. They always seem to be four years behind the ball with that.

That story came out after they shipped Alan Wake that they overhauled their facial animation and that it was on-par with LA Noire.

KingJ2002

next gen alan wake should be crazy considering the graphics will make the setting more more creepy.

with that said... i hope it taken on an episodic model like the walking dead.

SteeloDMZ

Banned

I'd really hope so. If there's anyone that can push Microsoft's hardware and also appeal to the core gamer, is Remedy.

Everyone, just imagine those dark, foggy forests with the power of next gen hardware. Goddamn.

Alan Wake was one of the creepiest games i have played in a long time. The game did a great job of giving you a sense of comfort when you found a light source even if it was nothing but a lonely street light. It made you actually dread going out into the dark.

derFeef

FWIW, Petri Alanko, who did the fantastic music for Alan Wake, was at the Remedy studio while BBC was there doing something for a documentation.

https://twitter.com/Peppepappa/status/307090142231928832

GIlvhQ2.jpg

Feindflug

I want them to explore the use of light as a gameplay mechanic more, especially as the series is based on it.

This, the light/darkness mechanic has so much potential and I'd like to see Remedy go crazy with this stuff now that their vision is not held back by the 360.

And yes I expect AW2 to be the most impressive thing that MS will show at the April's event (or E3)...Alan Wake is a game that will greatly benefit from more powerful hardware IMO.

We need more leaks! :(

Lakitu

st5fu
I loved American Nightmare. Played it recently.

Mr Scratch is an awesome villain and I have to say, even though I'm straight, the guy who plays him and Alan Wake is one good looking guy!

Satchel

Banned
I know I've posted in here before, but seriously, if Alan Wake 2 is a launch title, I'll own the new Xbox day one regardless of price.

So I guess a part of me hopes it isn't a launch title.

Biggzy

I loved American Nightmare. Played it recently.

Mr Scratch is an awesome villain and I have to say, even though I'm straight, the guy who plays him and Alan Wake is one good looking guy!

Mr Scratch is just the best. He alone is almost worth playing American Nightmare for.

Lakitu

st5fu
Or at least a villain as charismatic as he is.

Any thoughts on where it might be set? I wonder where the story's going.

Agreed. I loved every video of Mr. Scratch in AN. Usually I'd just skip past that stuff in most games but I sat there and watched every second of every vid in that one.

derFeef

I'm not even sure if they should continue the story arc or just dive into some other americana mythologies. Would love both actually.

Biggzy

Well the episode of Night Springs was revealed to be called "Return" which is of the same name Alan was beginning to write in "the writer" so are the two the same script? Then Alan Wake two could follow straight after American Nightmare possibly. But then they need to explore Mr Scratch because I thought Thomas Zane told Alan not to worry about him.

Persona86

Banned
Hopefully the next one will be more open world and will have more variety in gameplay. Loved Alan Wake, amazing atmosphere but it had it's flaws.

derFeef

Sorry for the bumping, but I just saw Bright Falls is featured on the Dashboard here, and it's sorted in as "Season 1" - was this always the case?

I don't remember it ever being called Season 1 in any descriptions.

A second series of Bright Falls would be so good.
Wouldn't it be great if they turned Bright Falls into a full series that is going to be exclusively distributed on Xbox Video? It's like their San Fran studio and the media exec they hired would be perfect to handle something like that ...

Top Bottom