• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alekhine's Gun PS4/XB1/PC, Cold War action/adventure

MauroNL

From Maximum Games, the great minds that brought you Farming Simulator 14 and 15, comes Alekhine's Gun a new Cold War action/adventure game. Launching on PS4, Xbox One and PC this November 10th.

Make Your Move!
It is the height of the Cold War, a time of global uncertainty and civil unrest. You are Agent Alekhine, a highly skilled Russian assassin working alongside American CIA agents in a covert operation unsanctioned by the country you have served.

With the tension of a nuclear standoff growing with each passing minute, your mission is clear…though how you accomplish it is anything but.

Only one thing is certain: Time won’t stop, and it’s too late to go backward. As you unravel the conspiracy unfolding in front of your very eyes, the fate of America, and quite possibly the world, lies within your hands.

Cinematic Teaser Trailer
FEATURES
11 Open Game Levels

- Intriguing European, U.S., and Cuban locations
- Explore multiple routes, hidden rooms, and numerous methods to execute assignments

Choose Your Play Style

- Infiltrate enemy bases, steal documents, eliminate conspirators, and stage “accidents”
- Use disguises, silent takedowns, poisons, firearms, knives, wire garrote, and a variety of other weapons to accomplish missions

Maximize Your “Stealth Ranking”

- Gain higher rankings based on your ability to successfully complete levels without being detected
- Earn specialized weapons to dispose of enemies

Experience Stylized, Period-Correct “Film Noir” Cutscenes

- Glimpse the attitudes and motivations behind main characters through expressive artwork and voiceovers
- Obtain historical perspective and insight into the story’s plot

Alekhine_PS4_3D_web.png
Alekhine_X1_3D_web.png
Alekhine_PC_3D_web.png

MrV4ltor

Never heard of this before, but sounds kind of interesting. Is there a gameplay video or trailer for this by any chance?

"From Maximum Games, the great minds that brought you Farming Simulator 14 and 15, comes Alekhine's Gun a new Cold War action/adventure game."

Not something you read everyday.

The game still looks pretty cool though, will be keeping an eye out for it.

MauroNL

"From Maximum Games, the great minds that brought you Farming Simulator 14 and 15, comes Alekhine's Gun a new Cold War action/adventure game."

Not something you read everyday.

The game still looks pretty cool though, will be keeping an eye out for it.
Fine you got me, I put that in for kicks

Megauap

Day one! It's from the creators of Hello Kitty Online so it must be good.
/s
But it looks interesting, gonna keep an eye on it.

Tohsaka

I saw this listed on Gamestop's website last week and had no idea what it was. It actually sounds interesting, hopefully it'll end up being decent.

Tapejara

I'm cautiously optimistic because it's Maximum Games, and they've been known to publish some terrible games (Motorcycle Club, Putty Squad.) However, I'm also a fan of these budget type games.

I signed up to do the OT a few days ago, so if anyone wants to collab let me know.

CamHostage

I'm cautiously optimistic because it's Maximum Games, and they've been known to publish some terrible games (Motorcycle Club, Putty Squad.) However, I'm also a fan of these budget type games.

Well, to be fair, Maximum Games isn't a company that initiates these games, like a Capcom or Warner Bros. They use their meager budget and market reach to put out the games starving developers are looking to get out in a box (and with the indie scene and the decline of retail, fewer and fewer developers are willing to sign on to traditional publishing deals.) So it's possible for Maximum Games to put out a title from an amazing developer, if (and that's a big if) that amazing developer has something it wants to put out through them.

Alekhine's Gun / Death to Spies 3 and Haggard Games are in that space where they have a game they can't publish themselves (except going digitally) and not a big enough name to take in a major publisher with a little-known IP. So it's the perfect opportunity for a risk-taking little shop like Maximum Games, and I hope it works out for them.

(*And BTW, we laugh, but Farming Simulator also found itself in that perfect opportunity spot, and I do think that went well for all parties: publisher, developer and even game buyer.)

Tapejara

Well, to be fair, Maximum Games isn't a company that initiates these games, like a Capcom or Warner Bros. They use their meager budget and market reach to put out the games starving developers are looking to get out in a box (and with the indie scene and the decline of retail, fewer and fewer developers are willing to sign on to traditional publishing deals.) So it's possible for Maximum Games to put out a title from an amazing developer, if (and that's a big if) that amazing developer has something it wants to put out through them.

Alekhine's Gun / Death to Spies 3 and Haggard Games are in that space where they have a game they can't publish themselves (except going digitally) and not a big enough name to take in a major publisher with a little-known IP. So it's the perfect opportunity for a risk-taking little shop like Maximum Games, and I hope it works out for them.

(*And BTW, we laugh, but Farming Simulator also found itself in that perfect opportunity spot, and I do think that went well for all parties: publisher, developer and even game buyer.)

I actually really appreciate Maximum Games' role in the industry. They have published some great games - and I am aware that they don't fund these games so much as distribute them - I was just commenting that their catalog can be rather hit or miss. Still, a publisher that's willing to do a physical print of something like Putty Squad? Hell yes do I want them around, and I do hope Alekhine's Gun ends up being enjoyable.

This looks pretty cool and different. Great title.

And yeah, Maximum Games is a publisher of a different color. You never see low-mid tier games like this at retail anymore. It's refreshing.

So glad this was able to be made after the Death to Spies 3 kickstarter died in such a spectacular fashion. Hope it turns out well and I'll definitely be supporting it unless it's a complete disaster.

This sounds like Hitman. I can always use more Hitman. Especially on top of the Hitman that's also coming out end of this year.

How similar are the Death To Spies games to the Hitman franchise?

dreamfall

I'm totally sold on this, considering it's from the Death to Spies dev team. We need some gameplay footage, preferably of the PC version. This could be the best appetizer to Hitman this Winter, I want to know so much more!

Is this really death to spies 3? I was really bummed when the kickstarter for that failed, is this the same game but rebranded?

Podge293

looks and sounds interesting to me

shame about the release timing... i'll add it to the wishlist and hope someone picks it up for me at christmas time

eFKac

Shame it's from this developer, no offence, because that's a setting I'd love to see in a quality AAA game.

RIP Agent...

MauroNL

http://www.maximumgames.com/game-blogs/let-the-countdown-begin/

We hope you caught our new teaser trailer, released last week*. Today, we have some exciting new screenshots for you (shown directly below), as well as a preview of the stylistic film noir art direction driving the game’s cut scenes.
AG1-1024x576.png

AG2-1024x576.png

The dark undertone of classic film noir art really adds to the mood of Alekhine’s Gun. As you progress through the game, mysteries and secrets will be revealed through these hand-painted animated cut scenes– a nod to noir film and graphic novels of the same time period.
AG3-1024x576.png

cutscene1-1024x576.png

I like the look of those drawn cutscenes

Bishop89

Ummm... This thread Im getting a norton message.

"An intrusion attempt by maximumgames.com was blocked"
"Norton blocked an attack by: Web Attack: Mass INjection Website 19"

Wtf :/

Morat

Banned
Ummm... This thread Im getting a norton message.

"An intrusion attempt by maximumgames.com was blocked"
"Norton blocked an attack by: Web Attack: Mass INjection Website 19"

Wtf :/

Their website gives me a warning from Kaspersky, though nothing from this thread.

On topic, game looks interesting, will keep an eye on it.

Denton

Huh, this seems pretty interesting. Cold War era so so damn underused. It looks very much like Cold War era Hitman Blood Money, even down to graphics and rigid animations. But I don't really mind that.

speedomodel

I've had this in my Amazon cart for a while to remind myself about it's existence. Will probably grab it Day One. Looks like a lot of fun and want to support them. Love the concept.

Top Bottom