• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex Ohanion says men are unhealthy, insecure, and paralyzed by patriarchy.

zenspider

I wonder if this will be enough to keep him out of the re-education camps.

More seriously though, of all the things that make me uncomfortable with this way of thinking' it's that he is not well-versed enough in the theory that puts the words in his mouth to hide the zero-sum nature of the game. I think we all want a true equality, and this is so plainly not how you achieve it.

Is there any better example of true privilege being a function of wealth and not socially contructed identities?

Dunki

https://qz.com/work/1415102/hww4-alexis-ohanian/

It’s probably time for some high profile guys to push this I guess. And they wonder why men are checking out.
Not by Patriarchy but modern Feminism.

Men these days seens as predators. As someone who needs to be taught not to rape. Men get villainized and stigmatized in every part of their life. And while women getting pushed and victimized every fucking day men are being left alone. No one cares about the high sucides rates, people get angryabout men shelter and so on. Hell even kids these days get more punished for being a boy in school. They get more suspended, they get worse grades etc. And all thanks to modern feminism.,

Wait, I thought men were benefiting from the immense social privilege that patriarchy bestowed upon them. So which one is it? Make up your goddamn mind, man!

olimariOA

Banned
I think there's some truth in what he says.
I think the internet and especially the handheld internet has been disastrous societally, but it will be decades before we know the full extend of it.

Jordan Peterson is basically on the same crusade. The difference is that his motivation is to build men up and is actively giving them the tools they need to take control of their lives and be productive members of society.

Ohanion doesn't seem interested in solving this problem at all. He's basically telling men to shut up and endure the pain of subjugation. Not helpful.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Ludicrously rich people shouldn't talk about social privilege. They should understand how their personal social standing insulates and alienates them from the life experiences of literally billions of other human beings who are less fortunate than them.

Nymphae

Banned
The most important lesson I learned from Me Too was the extent of how audacious, offensive, and common workplace harassment is, as well as the tremendous work done to cover it up.

Did HASHTAG MEE TOO reveal much about common workplace sexual harassment (and a tremendous effort to cover it up?), or reveal how sleazy we all knew Hollywood and many within the media are?

Last edited:

SaviourMK2

"“Funny how a black female tennis player is held to a higher standard to keep her emotions in check than a Supreme Court nominee,” Barros wrote in a now-deleted tweet. "

No it's not funny, nor do I feel it's the same situation. I don't follow Tennis enough to know everyone who played, so I don't know if there was player bias with the referee or whatever, all I'm aware of was that she had a "melt down" so my general idea of the situation is she felt cheated, got upset and they penalized her.
Then you have dip shit Kavanaugh, which is a subject I follow closely to know that, it wasn't his masculinity that saved him and got him nominated, it was the shitty Republican held Senate making a push for another conservative judge before elections since it was unclear at the time if Republicans would hold the Senate or not, and to save face with their Trump adoring voter base (Otherwise they could've easily denied Kavanaugh and chose someone else from the list).
One was sportsmanship, the other was political power leverage, it's not the same.

IISANDERII

Something very strange is happening because the only place the word ‘patriarchy’ appears in the article is in the headline.

What’s the biggest threat to men in America today? Why?
Ourselves. Speaking broadly: We’re unhealthy mentally and physically. We’re insecure, and we’ve created a broken system that we’re going to have to acknowledge we can’t fix alone.”

I sure love living in a culture that vilifies me and says there's something inherently wrong with me that needs "fixing" just by virtue of existing.

Fuck all these rich, elitist dinguses that buy into this bullshit, talk about Ivory Tower, they don't know shit about shit.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Not by Patriarchy but modern Feminism.

Men these days seens as predators. As someone who needs to be taught not to rape. Men get villainized and stigmatized in every part of their life. And while women getting pushed and victimized every fucking day men are being left alone. No one cares about the high sucides rates, people get angryabout men shelter and so on. Hell even kids these days get more punished for being a boy in school. They get more suspended, they get worse grades etc. And all thanks to modern feminism.,

uh what

I sure love living in a culture that vilifies me and says there's something inherently wrong with me that needs "fixing" just by virtue of existing.

Fuck all these rich, elitist dinguses that buy into this bullshit, talk about Ivory Tower, they don't know shit about shit.

o_o

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
LMFAO...………….

"""10. What’s the best advice you’ve received from another man, and what’s your best advice for young men today?
After we defeated the Stop Privacy Online Act (SOPA) and the Protect Intellectual Privacy Act (PIPA), I thought about running for office, and two of the most powerful men in the country told me (separately) that this country needs more women in positions of power, and that if I really wanted to make a difference, I should be working to help get the very best women into those roles.

Leadership means knowing when to lead and also when to follow. There are opportunities for us to be great leaders in our society by recognizing and empowering the best among us."""

kevm3

These male feminists are the unhealthy, insecure ones who constantly need to attack men in an attempt to pander to women

Papa

Banned
LMFAO...………….

"""10. What’s the best advice you’ve received from another man, and what’s your best advice for young men today?
After we defeated the Stop Privacy Online Act (SOPA) and the Protect Intellectual Privacy Act (PIPA), I thought about running for office, and two of the most powerful men in the country told me (separately) that this country needs more women in positions of power, and that if I really wanted to make a difference, I should be working to help get the very best women into those roles.

Leadership means knowing when to lead and also when to follow. There are opportunities for us to be great leaders in our society by recognizing and empowering the best among us."""

To quote Dee from the latest season of Always Sunny: god damn soy boy beta cuck.

These doublethinking cunts always want to have their cake and eat it too. Men and women are exactly the same so they’re always interchangeable but there’s such a thing as male and female brains so we need more women in positions of power. No, pick your story and stick to it.

Xisiqomelir

Alexis-Ohanian1.jpg

DfRmeWkWAAI50M1.jpg

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
To quote Dee from the latest season of Always Sunny: god damn soy boy beta cuck.

These doublethinking cunts always want to have their cake and eat it too. Men and women are exactly the same so they’re always interchangeable but there’s such a thing as male and female brains so we need more women in positions of power. No, pick your story and stick to it.

except no1 actually thinks this tho bro :|

getting a lot of incel vibes in this thread

Last edited:
It sounds like an attempt to get a pat on the shoulder. It would be ironic if somewhere down the line he, too, gets accused of sexual misconduct.

highrider

Banned
except no1 actually thinks this tho bro :|

getting a lot of incel vibes in this thread

A lot of people think like that, it’s disingenuous to suggest he’s on an island. Also the incel comment, what are you going for there? A general put down and kind of big upping yourself? I’m genuinely interested in the content of someone who agrees with Ohanion and what informed their perspective, but your response is just lazy.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Assuming you meant “extreme” islamists...right?
A lot of people think like that, it’s disingenuous to suggest he’s on an island. Also the incel comment, what are you going for there? A general put down and kind of big upping yourself? I’m genuinely interested in the content of someone who agrees with Ohanion and what informed their perspective, but your response is just lazy.

inceldom is dangerous and should be called out when it manifests just like you should islamists, etc

it seems to me folks dont realize when they are walking down this path

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

ResetEra is down, so they are comin' back to troll.

oagboghi2

inceldom is dangerous and should be called out when it manifests just like you should islamists, etc

"Inceldom is dangerous" holy shit what is this.

Having an opinion doesn't make you an incel, and being a rich out of touch enunch like Alexis doesn't make his opinions above reproach

Durask

Ohanion doesn't seem interested in solving this problem at all. He's basically telling men to shut up and endure the pain of subjugation. Not helpful.

Idiots do not realize that this s**t never works in the long run.

I myself think that some male behavior is pretty disgusting - however - if someone comes to me and tells me that I owe someone something and tell me to grovel for forgiveness for things that I personally did not do then they can go to hell.

highrider

Banned

Ahh, I see, these aren’t even your own thoughts. Just a regurgitation. Good luck with that bro.

Reads like a product of the Silicon Valley echo chamber.

I hear the question of why people are so concerned about campus SJWism and that it's not a big deal compared to insert-random-terror-here. That is a simple minded question. More damning is that the answer is within the question. Why worry about a University? Because it is a university. It's because it's a place of higher education that indoctrinates people into a failed ideology and then intends for those students to spread that mindset. It's a virus factory. Why do you think people go to college? Why do people pay for it? They go there to learn and use what they learn to make a life of their own.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
"we’ve created a broken system"

Strange, I don't remember being invited to these system creation meetings...

manfestival

This article is pushing "equity" and this is pretty disgusting. Interesting enough, I have caught onto the whole Jordan Peterson train recently. He always talks about these things and I always wonder where the prevalence is. However, it is becoming clearer and clearer with every passing day through articles like this. People seem to be abandoning rationality for a "sense of right."

Top Bottom