• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadAnon

Possibly, but it would need to be a huge light bar. You'd also still be able to see the shape of the drone underneath/above the light bar as it would be lighting up the whole device.

On a second note, god damn I really want UFOs to be real aliens from a different world. I just want confirmation that we're not alone in the universe. When I mean not alone, I mean life that's as advanced or even far more advanced than humanity.

Please, just make it so in my lifetime.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

The Rendelsham Forest incident of 1980 is still, IMO, the most compelling evidence we have of UFOs.

Nowadays, people can easily wave away UFO sightings as secret modern technology or drones, but that's a lot harder to do for an event that happened in 1980. It's even more compelling that it was seen by multiple military personnel. They didn't only see the things with their eyes, but there were also visible markings on the ground and unusual radiation traces I'm the area.

This is a pretty decent video (ignore the cartoon art style). The only one I could find that included the supposedly the original recording from the US troops who encountered the object. I have no idea if the recordings are real, but if they're fake then they're a decent fake.

Razvedka

Banned
The Rendelsham Forest incident of 1980 is still, IMO, the most compelling evidence we have of UFOs.

Nowadays, people can easily wave away UFO sightings as secret modern technology or drones, but that's a lot harder to do for an event that happened in 1980. It's even more compelling that it was seen by multiple military personnel. They didn't only see the things with their eyes, but there were also visible markings on the ground and unusual radiation traces I'm the area.

This is a pretty decent video (ignore the cartoon art style). The only one I could find that included the supposedly the original recording from the US troops who encountered the object. I have no idea if the recordings are real, but if they're fake then they're a decent fake.

There are multiple airmen from Rendlesham who have stepped up and gone on the record with their account of what went on that night.

IDKFA

There are multiple airmen from Rendlesham who have stepped up and gone on the record with their account of what went on that night.

Did they all agree that it was an unexplained phenomenon, or did some fees up to a huge hoax?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
Did they all agree that it was an unexplained phenomenon, or did some fees up to a huge hoax?
IIRC they were all convinced it wasnt human but was under intelligent control. They were under no illusions as to how spectacular and strange the thing was.

Last edited:

Liljagare

Ok, most ufo vids are debunked, that's just a thing. But you can't just say "debunked" without a link at least.

If you really are even remotely interested in this topic, you would have seen that video allready on other sources.

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
If you really are even remotely interested in this topic, you would have seen that video allready on other sources.
If you're saying it's debunked throw up a source. All he's asking is that you put in the bare minimum of effort if you want anyone to take you seriously. I'm not even contesting the video being debunked, but put in the work.

Romulus

There was like 2 thousand people in that Reddit post and I didn't see the debunk posted, and it's a UFO community.

And I've asked you like 2 other times to clarify things and you've failed to do so each time. If it's an easy debunk cool, post it.

Last edited:
There was like 2 thousand people in that Reddit post and I didn't see the debunk posted, and it's a UFO community.

And I've asked you like 2 other times to clarify things and you've failed to do so each time. If it's an easy debunk cool, post it.

To be fair, the fact that they are part of a ufo community should be enough for you to side eye anything they say or do.

Razvedka

Banned
If you know anything about that subreddit, it's equally about debunking if not more.
Actually its kind of annoying to be honest. Most of the responses are instantly 'this is fake', 'CGI' or 'debunked' and like some of the posts here they don't actually link to whatever refutation they're referring to. This leads to members accusing each other of either being charlatans or disinformation agents. FUD.

dcll

Banned
I think most of the juicy shit/knowledge etc is in the hands of private corporations because they don’t answer to voters/committees etc

Last edited:

Romulus

Easy

Those are birds. Probably covered in white feathers that reflect the sun light.

Either that or Chinese lanterns.

If it's easy, why is it birds OR lanterns?

Lanterns seems more feasible, but it's still unusual.

Last edited:

IDKFA

If it's easy, why is it birds OR lanterns?

Lanterns seems more feasible, but it's still unusual.

Looks like a flock of birds with the sun shining on their white feathers. Either that or a squadron of Chinese lanterns. Could also be just reflections on the window, or a camera malfunction.

See. Simple explanation. I rest my case.

Romulus

Looks like a flock of birds with the sun shining on their white feathers. Either that or a squadron of Chinese lanterns. Could also be just reflections on the window, or a camera malfunction.

If it's so simple there shouldn't be very different options. You said it's easy to figure out, and in that case, you should have it down to an absolute choice. Otherwise, it's not that simple.

I mean if it’s birds OR lanterns might as well throw in an OR aliens

Chiggs

Seems pretty unusual for ballons or flares.

Especially since this was filmed at 39k feet, and whatever the pilot is filming is not that far below him (maybe 10k feet).

But others were quick to point out that the lights could be anti-missile flares shot from a warplane.

It is possible that jets could be carrying out wargames because the footage was shot in the hotly contested South China Sea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom