• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Colonial Marines announced, made by Gearbox! Confirms UE3 on Wiiu. [N-Conf]

RyanDG

I hope that Nintendo gets their online infrastructure in place and has a good system for voice communication. As a squad based shooter, how awesome would it be if only 1 or 2 players for the coop levels gets the trackers and they have to try to communicate the locations of the blibs as they are coming in to their squad mates. ;)

RyanDG said:
I hope that Nintendo gets their online infrastructure in place and has a good system for voice communication. As a squad based shooter, how awesome would it be if only 1 or 2 players for the coop levels gets the trackers and they have to try to communicate the locations of the blibs as they are coming in to their squad mates. ;)

Voice chat should be simple, since the controller has a mic in it already.
This is what Ubisoft was demonstrating with GRO as well.

Sadly, the squad-based play hinted at when Aliens: Colonial Marines was first announced over five years ago, and which has been a part of Gearbox Software's oeuvre in the pre-toilet Nazi Brothers in Arms games, is entirely absent. This is a straight-up, run-and-gun shooter.

Quote: A boss fight with a Crusher, a rhino-like alien pitched as a brutal counterpart to the queen, sits particularly awkwardly with the rest of the action

Quote: The E3 demo comes to an inevitable climax as a fellow Marine straps himself into the Power Suit before duelling with an alien queen.

Vomit, vomit, and more vomit. Well.... It's just absolutely impossible to have "next gen" Aliens and Predators in perfection evidently. Still, the recent AvP was really fun.

alphaNoid

Banned
RyanDG said:
The demo I saw was NOT squad based. It looked like Call of Duty with an Aliens skin wrapped on it :/ It was a 100% scripted, single player shooter.

alphaNoid said:
The demo I saw was NOT squad based. It looked like Call of Duty with an Aliens skin wrapped on it :/ It was a 100% scripted, single player shooter.
The demo had 2 players. It wasn't single player and is 4 player coop

Top Bottom