• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Announce Trailer (Xbox One, Xbox Series, PS4, PS5, Steam)

Stuart360

Gold Member
tenor.gif

WTF!

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
As a huge Aliens fan, I'm BEYOND excited. Because yeah, say what you want about the L4D survival format, but it always made sense with this IP and it was never done. Now it's finally being done. I'm ALL in.

That being said I hope we continue to see proper love given to this series, it deserves a lot more than it gets. I want GOOD Alien/Aliens theme games. I'd kill for a sequel to Isolation.

Also want to add of all the rumored embargoes to be lifted I wouldn't have guessed it was this, but was definitely hoping it would be. I'm so stoked, haha.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
The trailer makes it seem like they're eliminating aliens in large numbers, like they're no big threat. Not a fan tbh.
I mean, in the Aliens universe that's not uncommon. It's why Marines referred to them as "bugs", at that point they knew how to combat them. So while they were still a threat, they had the tech and gear to do what they needed to defend themselves.

This is also 23 years after the Alien trilogy. Surely tech and weaponry has improved since then. Not to mention the xenomorphs have been around long enough for humans to know what's effective and what isn't.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Gold Member
The trailer makes it seem like they're eliminating aliens in large numbers, like they're no big threat. Not a fan tbh.

I know that Alien Isolation 2 is highly unlikely, but that was the only Aliens game that spiked my interest since AvP.
They are colonial marines, with futuristic firepower. Aliens are not indestructable, hense the 'we have no weapons of any kind' in ALIEN3, and just the falmethrowers in ALIEN.

Mully87

Neo Member
Im a sucker for the alien series and usually get over excited for each game release only to be let down.
Isolation was the first game that felt like it hit the nail on the head and im hopeful of a squeal.

Without being blinded by fandom, the TPS survival theme for this new announcement feels like it fits in really well with what the 2nd film was going for (more action less horror) and is something i have wished they would do for a long time.

so long as they find a way to not make it feel repetitive and dont make it to easy to just slay all the aliens, then this could be very promising.

Hugare

I fucking hate how they nerfed the xenomorph in the sequels

Killing hundreds of them with submachines ... Disgusting

It's like making a sequel to Friday the 13th where you kill hundreds of Jasons. Totally kills the vibe of the original character and how menacing it really is.

So nah, I'll keep replaying Alien Isolation

Not an FPS 😪 but looks good.

It's like making a sequel to Friday the 13th where you kill hundreds of Jasons. Totally kills the vibe of the original character and how menacing it really is.

Xenomorphs are monsters, Jason is literally a demon so he's OP. I haven't seen the Alien franchise but from what I could gather on Reddit they weren't easily dispatched, the first Alien movie didn't have a lot of resistance and they were all ordinary people vs. marines in the second movie.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member

Yeah, my reception is similar, I get it that you can achieve a lot with superior firepower, but I still think the xenomorphs were made a smaller threat later on when compared to the first film.

Kronos9x

The trailer showed nothing especial. Big fan of Aliens Colonial Marines Bug Hunt mode but that was back during the PS3 era, this trailer makes the game look generic. No campaign, no exploration, no vehicles, etc... just horde mode in a few maps? It's also coming for the PS4 so no next gen mechanics either. No different factions either?

At least the MP modes have to be better, full of objectives, dynamic gameplay with amazing graphics and detailed canon locations from the movies.

Ulysses 31

The xenomorph in the first movie was never up against space marine weaponry so I can't really see it as getting nerfed when it was never established how resistant they were against such weaponry.

Yeah, my reception is similar, I get it that you can achieve a lot with superior firepower, but I still think the xenomorphs were made a smaller threat later on when compared to the first film.
I think that is a "problem" with basically any franchise. Even Terminator, you have a single one of them in the first movie wrecking an entire police department, vs in the future where humans are fighting and destroying endless amounts of them.

Personally I don't mind it but I also don't know how else it could be handled. If a single Alien was supposed to be nearly unstoppable, and there are a nearly limitless number of them, it isn't too compelling of a story that humans have absolutely zero chance.

Top Bottom