• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alita: Battle Angel

ruvikx

Banned
It's obvious that Cameron's original script was shortened. The third act's pacing is shit.

I love sci-fi, but I don't like chick flicks, I don't like teenage-girl-with-powers ala Buffy, I don't like generic stereotypical science-fiction in which a higher caste oppress a lower class in one form or another (boring, been done a million times already), I don't even find robots/cyborgs particularly interesting in the genre. But I do love James Cameron, i.e. IMO the best director alive whose inherent talent overcomes any themes I don't find personally enjoyable or interesting. I would have been to see Alita at the movie theatre if Cameron was the director.

But he isn't. Robert Rodriguez aka Mr. Spy Kids just doesn't have that sort of sway on my movie going decision making. I reckon I'm part of the target science-fiction audience which this movie should have secured but failed to grab. I will watch it eventually, but there's nothing I've seen or heard which makes me crave this movie like a usual Cameron release. He also produced the TV series Dark Angel nearly 20 years ago as well (another chick flick about a teenager with powers), for what it's worth, i.e. a series I believe was utterly sh*t.

I love sci-fi, but I don't like chick flicks, I don't like teenage-girl-with-powers ala Buffy, I don't like generic stereotypical science-fiction in which a higher caste oppress a lower class in one form or another (boring, been done a million times already), I don't even find robots/cyborgs particularly interesting in the genre. But I do love James Cameron, i.e. IMO the best director alive whose inherent talent overcomes any themes I don't find personally enjoyable or interesting. I would have been to see Alita at the movie theatre if Cameron was the director.

But he isn't. Robert Rodriguez aka Mr. Spy Kids just doesn't have that sort of sway on my movie going decision making. I reckon I'm part of the target science-fiction audience which this movie should have secured but failed to grab. I will watch it eventually, but there's nothing I've seen or heard which makes me crave this movie like a usual Cameron release. He also produced the TV series Dark Angel nearly 20 years ago as well (another chick flick about a teenager with powers), for what it's worth, i.e. a series I believe was utterly sh*t.
As someone who doesn’t like Robert’s work I could not tell he directed it personally it’s his best work by a mile.

Originally wasn’t planning on seeing this but the disparity between RT critics score (60% average rating 6/10) and Audience score (93% 9.2/10) especially all the glowing reviews here is moving me to watch this. Miss me some James Cameron anything- the wait for Avatar 2 is getting tough

Last edited:
Saw it and heres what I got to say.
Would movie viewers rather of had Avatar 2 at this point in time? Or more deep dives and this movie? Avatar should be James Cameron’s number 1 priority given the success of the original. Aleta looked good, but I think you can virtually take any ol’ main character and still deliver the same action sequences. I wish there was a better backstory rather than just memories. I would have liked to get into the mech-tech more, and how parts are so easily changed out that being said, Alta has some of the best visuals and you know what, if someone told me they were making a trilogy out of this I’d watch them.
Glad you liked it. Im going to see it again in Imax next Friday :messenger_grinning_smiling:. I gotta support this movie. FINALLY we (America) did a Japanese adaptation right, and that deserves more support.

Last edited:

Keylime

Spoiler Tag Abuser
Saw this movie twice at a Dolby Cinema theater (my first time at one of those...holy shit, the Dolby Cinema experience is S-Tier...)

This movie is quite the ride, from the insane visuals and effects to the high octane action sequences. The plot of the movie I thought was good, and while I fully understand some of the critical commentary around pacing, I wasn't bothered by it either time I watched the movie.

The VFX on Alita herself were so good that I was almost positive they just did a face-only CGI effect for the eyes and didn't realize that the entirety of the character was completely CG. Truly incredible work...Alita never feels out of place visually next to all her real life co-stars.

The movie's core story doesn't really necessarily NAIL it, but I was thrilled the entire time...both times I watched it....and I'd gladly go again.

:hidden_π::hidden_π::hidden_π::hidden_π: / 5

I'm just gonna repeat what I said in another forum:

I'm actually working as a performer at the "Passport to Iron City" experience, and they took us to a private screening a week ago, and I must say, they weren't lying when they said that they used props from the movie, I recognized half of the stuff that we use as props in the experience, literally the cyborg skull Dr. Ido finds in the scrapyard at the very beginning is in the experience itself, which I found kinda cool...The movie was alright, nothing to write home about, but I can see people who are invested in the manga liking it, I didn't read the manga and I still enjoyed it.

McCheese

I'm just gonna repeat what I said in another forum:

I'm actually working as a performer at the "Passport to Iron City" experience, and they took us to a private screening a week ago, and I must say, they weren't lying when they said that they used props from the movie, I recognized half of the stuff that we use as props in the experience, literally the cyborg skull Dr. Ido finds in the scrapyard at the very beginning is in the experience itself, which I found kinda cool...The movie was alright, nothing to write home about, but I can see people who are invested in the manga liking it, I didn't read the manga and I still enjoyed it.

Gutted they don't have the Iron City experience here in the UK, would have loved to see Bar New Kanses etc in person. I also hear they gave out Zalem coins or something, been keeping an eye on ebay to no avail; are they something you win or does everybody get one?

Already picked up the sword from weta, plus all the (horrible) funko pops :D

Gutted they don't have the Iron City experience here in the UK, would have loved to see Bar New Kanses etc in person. I also hear they gave out Zalem coins or something, been keeping an eye on ebay to no avail; are they something you win or does everybody get one?

Already picked up the sword from weta, plus all the (horrible) funko pops :D
Indeed they give out a 1000 Credit Zalem coin that's been used in the movie :D But only to the winning team, my wife played the other night so I rigged the Motorball bet for her team hahahhah Got my coin, gonna post a picture later if you're interested in how it looks like :D

McCheese

Indeed they give out a 1000 Credit Zalem coin that's been used in the movie :D But only to the winning team, my wife played the other night so I rigged the Motorball bet for her team hahahhah Got my coin, gonna post a picture later if you're interested in how it looks like :D

Yes please, even cooler its screen used. What's the exchange rate against Bison Dollars? :D

Yes please, even cooler its screen used. What's the exchange rate against Bison Dollars? :D
Here it is:
il7h0Gn.jpg

BCnN1ZQ.jpg

I have no clue how to resize this lol

wondermega

Neat movie.. My expectations weren't great, I've been middling on anything involving Cameron after his masterpiece T2.. but I was a big fan of this comic way back in the day (it really stood out, very unique style and energy etc) so I was interested. I was skeptical about the eyes, and YES they did ruin many scenes for me throughout the film, just kept taking me out of the experience- but I enjoyed the film in spite of that. They packed so much content into this film from the early comics, so lovingly faithful, perhaps maybe more so than any comic adaptation to the big screen I've yet seen.. Despite the eyes I was CONSTANTLY geeking out about Alita's cyborg bodies, they did a beyond incredible job plucking that from the comics and portraying on the big screen. Still cannot believe it! Dialogue was bad to terrible, but the characters were alright. I wanted an impressive Motorball centerpiece and they really delivered, I wish there was more! Great action, powerful storytelling and exposition. And they ruined the part where I could go take a leak pretty perfectly. The film still had its problems, but I would be down for a sequel if they could change it up somehow. One thing I'll say, this felt kind of like a (big) kids movie, which I understand.. I would have loved to see this treated a little darker though. I love a good crazy dystopian city but I feel they dropped the ball in this regard. Still, Motorball..

Malmorian

Just saw this with my wife. She's been a fan of the manga and of the anime, while I went in totally blind and...

We both loved it. I think on that basis alone it will do well, and i would like to see more

Originally wasn’t planning on seeing this but the disparity between RT critics score (60% average rating 6/10) and Audience score (93% 9.2/10) especially all the glowing reviews here is moving me to watch this. Miss me some James Cameron anything- the wait for Avatar 2 is getting tough
and avatar 3 and 4 and 5. One might think Cameron is a pseudo-furry.

Labolas

Alright just saw the movie. As a big time fan of the manga, I'm going to nitpick/criticize how faithful this is as an adaptation:

Changes I liked:
-Ido being a father and husband. This change was the best thing for the character. In the manga, he almost had a lover/almost daughter like obsession with Alita. Here isn't as creepy or ambiguous.
-The integration of motorball is doing more smoothly here. Smart move doing parts of motorball early. And it makes sense later how Alita leaves Ido to do motorball, given it was Hugo who introduced it to her in the first place. It's something to remember him.
-Finding the berserker suit in the mars craft is a fine change. I would have prefer that or how Ido has it collecting dust in his basement.
- The explanation and use of the big eyes. One of the first things I criticized when I saw the trailer. But I've gotten use it and wasn't a big problem. The explanation given is that cyborgs from mars all have that feature. It's unique among that world. Still I would prefer the big octopus lips myself but the change is fine.

Changes I didn't care for or meh on:
-Hugo. The worst criticism about the movie and it's justified. Look in the manga, Hugo was a street rat, a hoodlum, but he had a dream of reaching Triphraes/Zalem because that was his brother's wish. He became obsessive over it. To the point where he would literally climb up to reach that city in the sky. At that point, he lost any sanity he had after losing his body. His love for Alita was a superficial and immature love at best. His love for Alita, in this movie, was played too straight, too pure and wasn't shown how immature and shallow it was. Hugo was too clean and pretty boy in this movie.
-Scrapyard. Oh excuse me, I mean Iron City. I didn't like that change that much honestly. I would have liked for them called the city the Scrapyard like it is in the manga. Speaking of the city, boy does that city look pretty clean in comparison to the manga. This is a city that has literal trash dumped on it daily. It supposed to be grimy and dirty. Speaking of grimy and dirty.
-Let's talk about PG-13 rating for this, shall we? Well I couldn't determine if the rating is so much a good or bad thing. One hand, the most visceral parts of manga/OVA in but didn't show any guts, brains, or eyeballs exploding all over the screen. They cut away from the dog getting sliced in half, which I'm fine with since I'm a dog lover. But boy does it feel like they were for a R rating without going the extra mile for the movie. I really wished they would have. Also I know it's more marketable as a PG-13 movie.
-The villains. Nova and Makaku/Grewishka . Makaku is supposed to be a parasitic maggot cyborg that has a liking for brains. He becomes obsessed with Alita over the course of their battles to the point that he decries his love for her. At one point it's noted that he was a patient of Desty Nova. Desty Nova doesn't even have any type of confrontation with Alita until the 4th or 5th Volume of the manga. So in comparison, here Grewishka does a worm like body. But he isn't a psychotic or deranged. He's being manipulated by Nova. But in manga everything he did was of his volition. Nova, in the movie, is some sort of grand mastermind and ruler of Zalem, I think? And while it's true he is a mastermind of sorts but he's more aloof and crazed than he is in the movie.
-Other things. Alita still has her berserker body at the end of the movie. Doesn't make sense if you make a sequel. She is supposed to give her berserker body for motorball because it was a combat body and it wasn't compatible for motorball iirc. The fight in the office was good but I still prefer how was in the manga between Makaku and Alita in the sewers, Makaku's home. It plays into the relationship between Alita and her villains. They changed Jashugan who was black/darkskinned to Jai Courtney. Yuck.

tenor.gif

As someone who thought this movie was going to fail in every aspect, I did like it. A lot actually. As far as westernized adaptation of an anime/manga goes, this is the best you're gotta get. I feel like if they went in on it being a hard R and gritty up the city and characters. This would have perfect imo. But as it stands though, I enjoyed a lot. They animed the fuck out this which is good. They even had Alita say HAI YA before hitting Grewishka. It was cringy but I like it. Alita is the best thing about the movie. Alita will always be one of my favorite characters of all time, manga, anime, or movie. She's a bad ass female character that needs to be celebrated. 8/10.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Saw it yesterday as well and as someone who doesn't know the manga I liked it a lot. The only thing that bothered me were that some things felt too rushed. I'd rate my first viewing 8/10.

3D was the best I've seen since bloody Avatar. Funny it once again a movie where Cameron was involved. No wonder the 3D craze faded. No one else does it like Cameron.

Last edited:
watched this twice in a row last Thursday in IMAX 3D, and had been kinda thinking about it and talking to a couple of my friends on this movie. we had all read the original manga and I actually re-read the whole original series, Last Order and Mars Chronicles after watching the movie.

I get that this is more of a mix of the first 3~4 volumes of the manga AND the OVA and I still don't like some of the decisions they took on the story change, such as including Chiren (?),
killing off Victor
, and tuning down on the filthy look of the city or the violence (which, I understand since they're going for PG13), but over all I like this movie a lot. it did a really good job of putting the manga on the big screen. it definitely won't win any story related awards but the SFX and action are top notch, which is to be expected from Cameron (I know, Robert Rodriguez, but still). MotorBall is freaking awesome and I wish there's more of it., and the fights are wonderfully easy to follow.

now comes the ranting. I would rather they put a little time in it to go into the background of Hugo and the reason he's so driven to get up to Zalem or the back story of Grewishka instead of the whole crap with Chiren. and considered Victor's role
in the later parts of the manga, it feels kinda wasteful to just write him out like this
. I also feel that Christoph Waltz's Ido is a little... off. he feels he's not really giving the preformance he can, kinda phoning it in a little at times or over doing it in others. and the way he handles the rocket hammer is just awful. I rather they get someone else to do Ido and hire a better Hugo. and boy did this Hugo feels terrible. I don't mind the love story if it's done right. Alita falling in love with Hugo isn't that unbelievable, since she's basically "born yesterday" and other than Ido, Hugo would be the only guy who's been kind to her. but for him to fall for her in this movie feels just artificial as hell. and they didn't even get him right in terms of his shady business side. he's suppose to actually be doing the dirty work tricking and chopping up cyborgs for their parts while still leaving them alive and even calling in help for the victims after he gets what he wants. this Hugo just have other people doing it for the most part and then suddenly"finds his conscience" after he's fallened for Alita. and why is Jashugan white!? he's at best Latino, or if you look at his sister in the manga, should be black. I know they just put him up for all of 5 seconds of screen time but come on! the whole thing with Victor showing to Hugo and Alita the only way he can get them to Zalem is fine except for the fact that what's in the box is supposed to be
parts of Chiren, and as a former citizen from up there, she definitely shouldn't have her biological brain still there! it's a HUGE point of the story later on and I know they can handwave it off later saying "oh, only some of those parts belongs to Chiren, other parts were from people in the town."
but it still rubs me the wrong way. and the end with Alita
destorying a branch of the factory and killing Victor,
how in the world can she even continue to go on to keep playing MotorBall and advance to the champion's league without having at least a bounty on her or worse a full out factory army (Centurions) coming after her?

I don't really remember the anime, but was that whole "I don't stand by in the presence of evil" line in it? the execution of it was one of the few things that really got me cringed. a solid movie overall with some minor flaws in the romance part. I feel it should be more of a high 70 or low 80 out of 100. this is, however, an extremely bias view from a huge fan of the manga, so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Cameron says Rodriguez storyboarded the action.
I'm glad someone gave him an actual budget, he always made awesome action. Remember that Machete trailer from Grindhouse? That was the hottest shit ever when Danny Trejo does the minigun bike thing...

Defiantly felt like it was way more of a James Cameron film than Robert R.'s. That's not to say he dose not deserve credit, but I can see a lot of James's input on this once since he wrote the screenplay for it.

God Enel

I think the movie was dumb fun. Would give it 6 out of 10. Nothing special. Loved the animations and action. Though I felt Alitas character development felt weird. She progresses way too fast. Maybe because she’s a cyborg? I’m not familiar with the manga/anime so how close was the movie to them?

i was surprised that they killed her lover off?! Didn’t saw something like that in a while?! Is he dead for sure

Here in Germany the cinema was quite empty. How is the movie doing in general? I would watch a second one.

Labolas

I think the movie was dumb fun. Would give it 6 out of 10. Nothing special. Loved the animations and action. Though I felt Alitas character development felt weird. She progresses way too fast. Maybe because she’s a cyborg? I’m not familiar with the manga/anime so how close was the movie to them?

i was surprised that they killed her lover off?! Didn’t saw something like that in a while?! Is he dead for sure

Here in Germany the cinema was quite empty. How is the movie doing in general? I would watch a second one.

It's as close as PG-13 westernized version of Battle Angel you're going to get. The world and characters are way more cruel and grim in the manga.

And yeah he's gone for sure.

It did okay here in the states.

Last edited:
It's as close as PG-13 westernized version of Battle Angel you're going to get. The world and characters are way more cruel and grim in the manga.

It still needs to open in up in China and I think it will do well there.

Last edited:

the movie was actually very faithful to the original. they put in a few elements from the OVA which is different from the manga story, but over they keep the main body of the original intact.

as for your spoiler question, yes he's gone for sure. it's one of many turning points in Alita's over all story that shaped her growth.

US box office seems to be ok, not as good as it could be I suppose but by no means bad. plus China and Japan will have this open this coming week so hopefully the numbers there will be great too, that way we'll get a squeal.

Found these on 4chan lol. I've been waiting for this movie for almost 20 years... Avatar's script was leaked back in early 2006 and glimpses of the project were out in the wild since before Titanic launched.
As far as I know this is the first time pre-Avatar Alita concept art is out.

This is the Avatar test mentioned in the first pic, it's by ILM not WETA. ILM only handled the vehicles (ships, mechs etc.), some environments and battle shots in the final movie.

15507156804044dj0m.jpg

alita2005z5kyz.jpg

15507068486905okap.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Just saw it at IMAX 3D. I think I'm going to go see it a 2nd time.

Read all the comics and continue to get the Mars Chronicle comics to this day, and this pretty much 99% nailed it. Blown the fuck away.

Buying on blu-ray for sure on day one. Absolutely loved it and hope they continue to make more.

My argument for not waiting and going to theater is that after you see this, you will want them to make the sequel. So now is your chance to support it and go. I will also say this. I can't see how James Cameron directing it could have made it any better at all. I think it's literally almost perfect, and I don't think I'd change a thing. The only small differences from the comics are in the interest of moving things along to save time since it's a movie and not a long series. Robert Rodriguez's best movie, easily.

Go support top tier, fearless sci-fi that isn't another damn superhero movie.

P.S. anyone even slightly hung up on her eyes will forget it's even there after about 2 minutes. The total package of the film's art direction is flawless, and when you see it in context I don't think you'll want them to change a single thing.

Last edited:

God Enel

That’s good. Did not expect that he gets killed off. So if they filmed it ‘properly’ (ie closer to source material) it would have been a R-rating?

the movie was actually very faithful to the original. they put in a few elements from the OVA which is different from the manga story, but over they keep the main body of the original intact.

as for your spoiler question, yes he's gone for sure. it's one of many turning points in Alita's over all story that shaped her growth.

US box office seems to be ok, not as good as it could be I suppose but by no means bad. plus China and Japan will have this open this coming week so hopefully the numbers there will be great too, that way we'll get a squeal.

I’m kinda happy that there will (may)be a second one, if box office was okay.

Would you recommend reading the manga? I’m kinda interested

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Absolutely. It goes up to like movie 4-5, which we will never see.

And the linework on that guy's art is phenomenal. Even if the first couple graphic novels have the same story, seeing it drawn out is nuts. He is a phenomenal artist.

It's way darker and more gory too.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Found these on 4chan lol. I've been waiting for this movie for almost 20 years... Avatar's script was leaked back in early 2006 and glimpses of the project were out in the wild since before Titanic launched.
As far as I know this is the first time pre-Avatar Alita concept art is out.

This is the Avatar test mentioned in the first pic, it's by ILM not WETA. ILM only handled the vehicles (ships, mechs etc.), some environments and battle shots in the final movie.

15507156804044dj0m.jpg

alita2005z5kyz.jpg

15507068486905okap.jpg
It's out of this book. I just ordered it.

alita_battle_angel_book.jpg

Last edited:

Orpheum

So I went to see the movie yesterday, i have no background knowledge whatsoever about the universe. I was intrigued that the gap between user and critic scores was so high and usually it happens that i'm more on the audience's side but this time i have to agree with the critics. trying to give my impressions spoiler free.

plus points:
- nice action scenes
- superb visuals, i loved the colors, the way the city looked, the outfits, the cyborg design. coupled with some amazing vfx work, some people might want to watch the film solely because of this, due to the rest being mediocre at best in my opinion. just turn off your brain, watch the spectacle and don't question anything.

negative:
-the story is all over the place and the movie tries to cram in as much as possible without focus or coherence so in a way a lot is happening but sort of nothing is happening at the same time. there's no substance or depth to it.
- Character development is non existent, i couldn't care less about most of the people, which is a shame because they cast some great talent. a lot of it is influenced by my next point.
- Dialogue is terribly written and cringey. I'm usually the type of person that doesn't analyze writing in movies and most of the time i think it's fine but here it's overwhelmingly apparent that it's awful and superficial.
- no backstory whatsoever. Due to the visual design i was excited to learn more about the world and the people living there, but aside from the most necessary background information ("the great war 300 years ago") nothing is told and you're left in the dark. Disappointing to say the least. this is not just about the history of the world but the current situation of the city as well.
- the ending is awful and the impression left is that the movie solely exists to set up a much more interesting sequel.

So if you want to watch a vfx fest with some good action then go ahead but if you expect anything more you'll be disappointed.

Last edited:

cars_on_Mars

Neo Member
So I went to see the movie yesterday, i have no background knowledge whatsoever about the universe. I was intrigued that the gap between user and critic scores was so high and usually it happens that i'm more on the audience's side but this time i have to agree with the critics. trying to give my impressions spoiler free.

plus points:
- nice action scenes
- superb visuals, i loved the colors the way the city looked, the outfits, the cyborg design. coupled with some amazing vfx work, some people might want to watch the film because of this, due to the rest being mediocre at best in my opinion. just turn of your brain, watch the spectacle and don't question anything.

negative:
-the story is all over the place and the movie tries to cram in as much as possible without focus or coherence so in a way a lot is happening but sort of nothing is happening at the same time. there's no substance or depth to it.
- Character development is non existent, i couldn't care less about most of the people, which is a shame because they have some great talent casted. a lot of it is influenced by my next point.
- Dialogue is terribly written and cringey. I'm usually the type of person that doesn't analyze writing in movies and most of the time i think it's fine but here it's overwhelmingly apparent that it's awful and superficial.
- no backstory whatsoever. Due to the visual design i was excited to learn more about the world and the people living there, but aside from the most necessary background information ("the great war 300 years ago") nothing is told and you're left in the dark. Disappointing to say the least. this is not just about the history of the world but the current situation of the city as well.
- the ending is awful and the impression left is that the movie solely exists to set up a much more interesting sequel.

So if you want to watch a vfx fest with some good action then go ahead but if you expect anything more you'll be disappointed.

Man, are you reading my thoughts? You've named all the advantages and disadvantages I found! Great review.

Orpheum

Man, are you reading my thoughts? You've named all the advantages and disadvantages I found! Great review.

thank you! Another point that came to mind on top of that was that the plot was predictable as hell and had literally no surprises or twists which is a shame really.

Last edited:

cars_on_Mars

Neo Member
thank you! Another point that came to mind on top of that was that the plot was predictable as hell and had literally no surprises or twists which is a shame really.
I've read the manga so it was predictable for me. Don't know what people who did not read the original thought. If the same, it's very, very bad...

Labolas

That’s good. Did not expect that he gets killed off. So if they filmed it ‘properly’ (ie closer to source material) it would have been a R-rating?

I’m kinda happy that there will (may)be a second one, if box office was okay.

Battle_Angel_01_11.jpg

Yes, if it had been rated R then it would have truer to the manga.

And yes read the manga. It's one of the best out there.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Anyone from NYC who wants to go to the interactive Alita experience in Brooklyn, since I work there as a performer I got a discount code that grants you up to 6 free tickets (which is perfect since it's a team based experience). If you're interested, send me a pm and I'll give you the discount code. I think it should work for the LA and Austin location too. Also, the discount code is for this weekend only I think.

kingbean

Yo!

I'm 12 chapters into the manga and it's pretty good. Not life changing or anything, but I really wish I would have read this in the early 2000s because it would have blown me away.

Now I'm old and jaded. :p

Yo!

I'm 12 chapters into the manga and it's pretty good. Not life changing or anything, but I really wish I would have read this in the early 2000s because it would have blown me away.

Now I'm old and jaded. :p

I’m about that far as well. I’m new to manga and I’m enjoying it quite a bit.

pramod

Banned
I just started reading the manga from Chapter 1 and holy shit, can't believe how closely the first hour of the movie followed it, it almost seemed Watchmen-esque in how some action scenes were taken straight from the manga panels.

from my research on the reviews, it looks like the overall consensus of this movie is great for the people that are familiar with the manga, and not so good for people who are not.

I definitely would. especially since the original series is only 9 books and it's a wonderful read. just remember that this came out in the 90s so some things might seem a little dated. also, the ending of the original series was kinda retconned in the Last Order series. it was because the arthor was forced to create an ending he didn't like, so after some years had gone by, he decided to go back to the story and write the one he had in mind, which basically expanded the ending of the original series from just 2~3 chapters to a full blown 19 books series.

I definitely would. especially since the original series is only 9 books and it's a wonderful read. just remember that this came out in the 90s so some things might seem a little dated. also, the ending of the original series was kinda retconned in the Last Order series. it was because the arthor was forced to create an ending he didn't like, so after some years had gone by, he decided to go back to the story and write the one he had in mind, which basically expanded the ending of the original series from just 2~3 chapters to a full blown 19 books series.

I felt like an idiot at first because reading from right to left was throwing me off.

I felt like an idiot at first because reading from right to left was throwing me off.
you'll get used to it soon. and manga has such a wide range of subjects to read on it's wonderful. from cooking to fighting, sports to fan servicy, sci-fi to fantasy, love and relationship to political and philosophy. but as always with any media, there WILL be a lot of trash too, so don't get turn off by bad ones.

God Enel

That’s fine with me @90s.

So what’s the last order? Is that like a continued story or another arc? Should I read only this one? I’m confused :messenger_confounded:

Top Bottom